Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares

Author
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1510
2013/03/14 10:08:57 (permalink)

Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares

Just curious about your thoughts. We saw this episode a couple of weeks ago so I think it was a recent one.
Those of you that saw the episode will probably remember the details but those that didn't here's the basic scoop.
Two brothers had been given the restaurant a few years prior by their father. It seemed to be a well established place in or near the French Quarter.
To say the restaurant was a mess would be giving it too much credit. The place was absolutely filthy and they had spoiled food everywhere.
Chef Ramsey of course after much drama and bad acting performed his magic and the place was made over.
It apparently is still operating and has a web page showing various celebrities etc.
I personally would never eat in the place. The way the brothers allowed the filth to accumulate and the way the food was handled and stored tells me that without someone looking over their shoulder those old habits might creep back in. The one older brother seemed especially cavalier about things.
What say you?
post edited by ces1948 - 2013/03/14 10:10:58

4 Replies Related Threads

fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 791
    Re:Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares 2013/03/14 13:59:30 (permalink)
    ces1948

Just curious about your thoughts. We saw this episode a couple of weeks ago so I think it was a recent one.
    Those of you that saw the episode will probably remember the details but those that didn't here's the basic scoop.
    Two brothers had been given the restaurant a few years prior by their father. It seemed to be a well established place in or near the French Quarter.
    To say the restaurant was a mess would be giving it too much credit. The place was absolutely filthy and they had spoiled food everywhere.
    Chef Ramsey of course after much drama and bad acting performed his magic and the place was made over.
    It apparently is still operating and has a web page showing various celebrities etc.
    I personally would never eat in the place. The way the brothers allowed the filth to accumulate and the way the food was handled and stored tells me that without someone looking over their shoulder those old habits might creep back in. The one older brother seemed especially cavalier about things.
    What say you?

Not sure of the episode, but to me Ramsey is as fake as ALL his shows are. I at  one time found him somewhat entertaining. But he has become a bore. Has anyone here ever eaten at any of his places?

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7840
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares 2013/03/14 14:12:43 (permalink)
    He opened a burger place at The Grove in Los Angeles.  You enter it through the theaters so it doesn't have a front door on the mall.

I walked in to give it a look as I was there to see a movie.

It was extremely dark inside, the menu was quite high and I wouldn't pay those prices just because it had his name connected to it.

However,  I ate at La Frite a restaurant a few blocks down from my store prior to his being there and after.

He worked wonders there.

I think that Oceana episode was from a couple of years ago.  Wonder how they're doing.
    BelleReve
    • Total Posts : 1161
    Re:Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares 2013/03/15 13:37:38 (permalink)
    I'm really surprised, this is the first I've heard of them having problems.  I don't get to the FQ that often to have eaten there, but in the last year, a couple of locals and several visitors I've met gave it rave reviews, on how good the food was, and how friendly and helpful the wait staff were. 
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1510
    Re:Oceana of NOLA on Kithchen Nightmares 2013/03/15 17:15:36 (permalink)
    It was quite a disgusting display put on by the ownership and especially the executive chef who apparently agreed to be fired on air.
    Of course everything was hunky dory after Chef Ramsey was done.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1