Old Forge Pizza coming to Reading Terminal?

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 370
2014/07/28 15:48:38 (permalink)

Old Forge Pizza coming to Reading Terminal?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-insider/From-coal-country-Frankies-pizza-coming-to-Reading-Terminal-Market.html

I'm not familiar with this place, but the description of the pizza in the article sounds like Old Forge-style. 
I've been reading about that style of pizza on here for a while, but have never tried it. I guess that will change soon. 

Unfortunately, the pizza will only be available on Sundays. Wish I could get it for lunch during the week. Also, we'll see how it works as far as baking it up-state, then driving the pizza down to Philly. Hard to believe it will be as good as if it were fresh from the oven.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2014/07/28 15:58:27

3 Replies Related Threads

ChrisOC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1002
    Re: Old Forge Pizza coming to Reading Terminal? 2014/07/28 16:01:09 (permalink)
    phlmaestro
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-insider/From-coal-country-Frankies-pizza-coming-to-Reading-Terminal-Market.html

I'm not familiar with this place, but the description of the pizza in the article sounds like Old Forge-style. 
    I've been reading about that style of pizza on here for a while, but have never tried it. I guess that will change soon. 

Unfortunately, the pizza will only be available on Sundays. Wish I could get it for lunch during the week. Also, we'll see it it works as far as baking it up-state, then driving the pizza down to Philly. Hard to believe it will be as good as if it were fresh from the oven.

I worked a block from the Reading Terminal Market for a while.  The first day I went there for lunch I spent the entire hour wandering about the market, trying to decide what to have.  After that I learned to decide what I was having before I left the office.
    phlmaestro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 370
    Re: Old Forge Pizza coming to Reading Terminal? 2014/07/28 16:10:55 (permalink)
    Yeah. Those crowds can be a nightmare; especially when trying to squeeze down the center aisles. I try to get there by around 11:30 on weekdays to beat the worst of the lunch crowd. I also never eat in the Terminal.
    brookquarry
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 280
    Re: Old Forge Pizza coming to Reading Terminal? 2014/07/29 06:04:07 (permalink)
    Well, this is NOT Old Forge style. Its similar to Senapes, which has been discussed on this site. Normally served cold.
    The cheese is Romano rather than the Mozzarella-American cheese blend found on OLd Forge Pizza
    I'm sure someone like Mosca can give a better explanation than I can of the difference between Old Forge style and Hazleton style pitza.
    post edited by brookquarry - 2014/07/29 06:06:05
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1