Old Mcdonalds Buford GA.

Author
riblet
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
2010/01/30 15:36:26 (permalink)

Old Mcdonalds Buford GA.

Just got back from a trip to the Lake Lanier area of GA.  Being barbecue fans, we always try to hit some of the places we've researched.

Well, this place should be missed.  We've read on the Gentleman's Guide to Swine Dining in GA that "had impressive effects on the review team." 

I t was the ribs-baby backs at that.  I honestly believe they boiled them to give them that lovely gray appearance.  Not only that, they actually had a fishy taste to the.  Absolutely horrible.

My point in sharing this tidbit, is that now I don't know who to trust when it comes to BBQ  reviews.  I realize every one has their own idea about barbecue and almost all restaurants are inconsistent depending on certain variables. 

Williamson Brothers was actually refreshing after  this.

Another thing.  Always call first.  we tried Two Brothers in Ball Ground aid it's only open Thursday through Sunday.

We've dined on delicious ribs at Daddy Dzs and Harolds.  The real thing.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies Related Threads

DoctorDan
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re:Old Mcdonalds Buford GA. 2010/01/30 19:53:28 (permalink)
    Here are just a couple of suggestions for BBQ in the Atlanta area -----
    1) Old South BBQ on Windy Hill Rd just east of South Cobb Dr. They've been in business for about 30 years and are my first choice for BBQ.
    2) Sam's BBQ on Lower Roswell Rd east of Johnson Ferry. It used to be Sam & Dave's, but
    now it's just Sams. If you like brisket, this is the place to go. Really great sauce, too!
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2217
    Re:Old Mcdonalds Buford GA. 2010/01/31 08:18:50 (permalink)
    This is my favorite.
    Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 467
    Re:Old Mcdonalds Buford GA. 2010/02/23 19:16:40 (permalink)
    Riblet, I'm sorry to read you didn't like Old MacDonald's.  I used to have a Geocities Georgia BBQ page that was a decent little supplement to the Gentleman's Guide, and I agreed with him completely - that's absolutely my favorite BBQ around.  Not by a long shot - Paul's in Lexington and Jomax in Metter are darn near close to as good, but Old MacDonald's is the clear winner.

That said, I've never tried their ribs.  Their chopped pork does it for me.

Old South, meanwhile, has really gone downhill since their heyday.  That used to be the only cue my dad would eat, but he's more likely to go up to Williamson Bros. nowadays.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1