The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Orion Cooker

Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 11 of 16, messages 301 to 330 of 456
NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 07/20/08 11:59 AM (permalink)
What is with this thread????

Robearjr

• Total Posts: 1102
    RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 07/20/08 1:00 PM (permalink)
    So, what, Redheads followed Hitler?

Oh and Rooster, no one is going to get on you for being a new poster. Now, the fact that your post is a schizophrenic rambling, well, that's a different story.

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
      RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 07/20/08 1:43 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by NYNM

What is with this thread????

I know this is a strange thread. But a Great Product. The guy I gave one to as a gift uses his every weekend lately and his son and daughter have both purchased one...Russ

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
        RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 07/20/08 11:10 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by rooster69

Well I am a first time poster so I am expecting to be disregarded by the "Old/Many Time posters bacause apparently posting a lot on these pages makes you smarter. Not reading, posting. Of course these are probably the same type of folks that followed Hitler a while back. You know, the ones who know everything about everything ( Kinda like redheads). Anyway I appreciate the input by the newbies because they have used something new and gained from it. Thanks newbies. I broke my dad's rule of "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything." But that doesn't seem to be a problem here. LOL Hope all these are in fun.
        Rooster

Russ baby, is that you?

I haven't checked this, one of my all time favorite threads, in quite some time.

Sorry, I don't do alts.
        I do have to thank you though for that Joe Cocker video; I laughed out loud.

uncledaveyo

• Total Posts: 599
          RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 07/20/08 11:27 PM (permalink)
          Joe Cocker has an Orion also; he loves it.

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Fri, 08/1/08 6:44 PM (permalink)
            I was at The Home Depot and they had The Orion on sale for $99.00. I bought two more for gifts...Russ

Orion Lover

• Total Posts: 49
              RE: Orion Cooker Thu, 08/7/08 6:16 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Russ Jackson

I was at The Home Depot and they had The Orion on sale for $99.00. I bought two more for gifts...Russ

Wow, that's a great price. Were they the "big" ones or the smaller "turkey" cookers?

Tim

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Mon, 08/18/08 8:47 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Orion Lover

quote:

Wow, that's a great price. Were they the "big" ones or the smaller "turkey" cookers?

Tim

The large size...Russ

kozel

• Total Posts: 810
                  RE: Orion Cooker Thu, 08/28/08 4:50 PM (permalink)
                  Today's woot at $99.99. If you don't know about woot, you should look into it.

http://www.woot.com

nov222012

• Total Posts: 1
                    RE: Orion Cooker Thu, 08/28/08 6:52 PM (permalink)
                    After sitting here reading this entire thread I became so curious that I ordered one from woot. I paid 104.99 with shipping. Cant wait to try it.I will come back after I use it and let you all know how I made out. In the meantime could people who already own one please post tips and or recipes for this unit.

Thanks
                    nov222012

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Thu, 08/28/08 10:00 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by nov222012

After sitting here reading this entire thread I became so curious that I ordered one from woot. I paid 104.99 with shipping. Cant wait to try it.I will come back after I use it and let you all know how I made out. In the meantime could people who already own one please post tips and or recipes for this unit.

Thanks
                      nov222012

If you read the thread you will laugh and find some great recipes.Great Product, Great Price, If you ever cook for a lot of people 6 or more you will find this product not only a great conversation piece but will make even a novice get great results. I rate it a 10...Russ

gmaines

RE: Orion Cooker Fri, 08/29/08 7:05 PM (permalink)
                        Hello all, I am new here, I bought one yesterday and found this site when I googled recipes... I have been smoking for over 20 years, I have a Klose smoker, had a 8'X30" Klose mobile, but I just sold it, I used it for competitions and catering. I now have a Klose backyard. I also have a Traeger, Kamado, WSM, BDS and a cobb smoker, I guess you can see I love to Q all the different smokers do certain foods a different way, I bought the Orion for ribs fast and easy, will bring it to work and cook for some of the people here. found some good input here and hope I will be able to add. Hopefully will get the new "baby" in about a week. Ilove trying new ways to cook. You can never make to much food, just use the vacuum sealer and freeze the rest.

kozel

• Total Posts: 810
                          RE: Orion Cooker Sat, 08/30/08 5:26 PM (permalink)
                          Welcome to the forums.

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                            RE: Orion Cooker Sat, 08/30/08 5:43 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by gmaines

Hello all, I am new here, I bought one yesterday and found this site when I googled recipes... I have been smoking for over 20 years, I have a Klose smoker, had a 8'X30" Klose mobile, but I just sold it, I used it for competitions and catering. I now have a Klose backyard. I also have a Traeger, Kamado, WSM, BDS and a cobb smoker, I guess you can see I love to Q all the different smokers do certain foods a different way, I bought the Orion for ribs fast and easy, will bring it to work and cook for some of the people here. found some good input here and hope I will be able to add. Hopefully will get the new "baby" in about a week. Ilove trying new ways to cook. You can never make to much food, just use the vacuum sealer and freeze the rest.

Please do not forget the pictures. No Pics = No cook

jthaley

• Total Posts: 5
                              RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:30 PM (permalink)
                              Well here I am, another new guy. I found this place through google while looking for more recipes for my Orion Cooker. I have had mine for several years now and use it frequently. Those of you that are poo pooing it should do a little research. First of all the easy light charcoal is just a heat source and the smoke from the charcoal never gets inside the cooker. As I am typing this I have 60 chicken wings in my cooker and the will be done to perfection in 1 hour. no breading or anything. just place the wings on the racks add apple coder vinegar to the pan inside the cylinder and hickory chips around the outside of the pan. In 1 hour you have the best tasting hickory flavored wings you ever tasted. you can add sauce after cooking but I eat mine just as they are.

these cookers are great,
                              Last week I cooked 3 ten pound boston butts at one time for a party at my house. a little over 4 hours

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:35 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by jthaley

Well here I am, another new guy. I fould this place through google whill looking for more recipes for my Orion Cooker. I have had mine for several years now and use it frequently. Those of you that are poo pooing it should do a little research. First of all the easy light charcoal is just a heat source and the smoke from the charcoal never gets insid the cooker. Aas I am typing this I have 60 chicken wings in my cooker and the will be done to perfection in 1 hour. no breading or anything. just place the wings on the racks add apple coder vinegar to the pan inside the cylinder and hickory chibs around the outside of the pah. In 1 hour you have the best tasting hickory flavored wings you ever tasted. you can add sauce after cooking but I eat min\e just as they are.

these cookers are great,
                                Last week I cooked 3 ten pound boston butts for a party at my house.

Post a picture of the Wings...Russ

jthaley

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:39 PM (permalink)
                                  I certainly will they will be ready in about 25 minutes, I will post a picture after I finish eating

Sundancer7

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:43 PM (permalink)
                                    How much are they and how difficult are they to clean up?

Paul E. Smith
                                    Knoxville, TN

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:47 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by Sundancer7

How much are they and how difficult are they to clean up?

Paul E. Smith
                                      Knoxville, TN

Home Depot had them the other day for $99 dollars normally $139.
                                      Very easy to clean.
                                      If you get one Paul I can help you out.
                                      You dont have to use Matchlight either you can use a mix if you want or lighter fluid...Russ

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 4:49 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

I certainly will they will be ready in about 25 minutes, I will post a picture after I finish eating

Take a pic of them in the unit ok?

...Russ

Sundancer7

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 5:06 PM (permalink)
                                          Are they difficult to assemble?

Paul E. Smith
                                          knoxville, TN

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 5:57 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by Sundancer7

Are they difficult to assemble?

Paul E. Smith
                                            knoxville, TN

No very simple easy to use and fool proof....Russ

jthaley

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 6:19 PM (permalink)
                                              I had already taken one rack of wings out and part of the second and then thought I should get a picture of them in the cooker.

as you can see they come out a golden brown, if you want them crispy, just cook them an extra 10 minutes....

Russ Jackson

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 6:22 PM (permalink)
                                                Very nice and welcome to the forum. And those have no sauce correct?...Russ

jthaley

RE: Orion Cooker Wed, 09/17/08 6:34 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:

nothing on them at all except a little salt and pepper. I have many more photos where a neighbor and I cooked for 135 people in our neighborhood. pulled pork and ribs I will post a few pictures of that later, all the cooling was done in two orion cookers

John A

• Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                                                    RE: Orion Cooker Sat, 09/20/08 5:51 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:

quote:

nothing on them at all except a little salt and pepper. I have many more photos where a neighbor and I cooked for 135 people in our neighborhood. pulled pork and ribs I will post a few pictures of that later, all the cooling was done in two orion cookers

Local Home Depot also has them for $99.00. Before I pull the trigger I would sure like to see some more pictures from you or anyone else.

TIA

John A

RE: Orion Cooker Mon, 09/22/08 6:25 AM (permalink)
                                                      Come on Orion owners. There's a couple of us skeptics waiting to see those pictures and be convinced that these things are not just outdoor ovens/steamers. Show us those ribs, chicken, briskets, etc, and push us off the fence.

rftsr

RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 09/28/08 11:02 AM (permalink)
                                                        Here's a link to some pics that show what the Orion can do:

orionoutdoors.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?id=826

I LOVE mine...doing a 13 lb. turkey today....should take 2 hours at most.

Orion Lover

• Total Posts: 49
                                                          RE: Orion Cooker Sun, 10/5/08 6:46 PM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by John A

Come on Orion owners. There's a couple of us skeptics waiting to see those pictures and be convinced that these things are not just outdoor ovens/steamers. Show us those ribs, chicken, briskets, etc, and push us off the fence.

JohnA,
                                                          Scroll up a few pages and there are a lot of pics of some of my cooking. There are also lots of other pics from last year.
                                                          Tim

John A

RE: Orion Cooker Mon, 10/6/08 7:50 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by Orion Lover

quote:
                                                            Originally posted by John A

JohnA,
                                                            Scroll up a few pages and there are a lot of pics of some of my cooking. There are also lots of other pics from last year.
                                                            Tim

Thnaks Tim,

I went back and looked at the old posts, and pictures. Everything looks good but like CajinKing I think the pork is cooking to fast and not fully rendering the fat. I do like "bark" on my butts & ribs so I guess I'll keep on gettin it done low and slow.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 11 of 16, messages 301 to 330 of 456

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com