Orlando, FL suggestions

Author
ESommer24
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2003/03/18 23:09:24 (permalink)

Orlando, FL suggestions

I am traveling to Orlando,FL soon and would like suggestions on places to eat- breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thank you very much!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3766
    RE: Orlando, FL suggestions 2003/03/25 02:07:12 (permalink)
    For lunch -- highly recommended would be the blackened mahi mahi sandwich at the Orlando Ale House. Great place for eats, beer, and sports watching. Family oriented -- more so than your typical sports bar -- with a couple of locations in Orlando.

Enjoy.
    OUKate
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Orlando, FL suggestions 2003/03/25 22:52:59 (permalink)
    The French Onion Soup and Conch fritters at the Ale House are also great. The Ale House on 535 is a big hangout for Disney cast members.

I'm also a big fan of Hot Dog Heaven up on Colonial Dr.
    stanpnepa
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: Orlando, FL suggestions 2003/03/26 07:41:59 (permalink)
    If you're going to Disney...the food is hit and miss and miss. The futuristic burger place in the Magic Kingdom (counter service) was dreadful---and that was two burgers, fries and cokes for $25!!
    A brownie and coffee breakfast for two also cost us nearly $20.

Elsewhere, it's better.

The Brown Derby at MGM Studios was a nice splurge---cobb salad is their specialty.

At Epcot, we had a very good Mexican lunch (San Angel Inn) with a truly magical atmosphere. Also, the food at Restaurant Marrakesh was authentic. I opted for the five course meal, with yummy baklava to cap it!

At Universal Studios, Bob Marley's was a disappointment, Emeril's was a splurge anniversary lunch that cost us $125 with tip (though the gumbo and bread pudding were worth it). The Cheeseburger at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville wasn't "the best I ever had", but worthwhile and the hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's just didn't compete with those they serve in New Orleans.

I guess you really don't schedule an Orlando "park trip" for the food, but hey---that's what I always go for!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1