Out of the frige soup

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13510
2005/08/15 11:10:14 (permalink)

Out of the frige soup

I have been making soup for Mamaw Smith since she had her accident. I have been using everything in the frige to enhance the flavor. I have found a new use for the okra out of the garden that was to tought to fry. As you who have a garden with okra, you will know that some of the pods are to tought to fry. I threw those in the pot with all the leftover veggies I have along with whatever meat we have plus some onions and garlic and peppers and the taste is very good and it thickens right up. Great file!!!!

I bake Mamaw Smith a cast iron skillet of cornbread and that will get her through a couple of days with accessible food plus the veggie content will help her healing process.

On a side note, Mamaw Smith may have had a TIA as she has extreme balance problems since her falls. The CAT scan did not reveal it at first but continuing problems indicate problems. We will know more tomorrow. She locked herself out of the house yesterday and it took me better than a hour to figure out how to break in the house without major damage. I repaired the door, picked a bushel of Okra today, sliced it and froze it, picked a bushel of tomatoes which I have got to can and did other son duties. I am exhausted and it is only 11:00AM

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

1 Reply Related Threads

skylar0ne
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 473
    RE: Out of the frige soup 2005/08/15 21:44:15 (permalink)
    Paul, you are a good boy. Sounds like you are taking excellent care of Mawmaw Smith - I'm sure she greatly appreciates all you do.

Having had strokes myself, I know a little about them. Most of the time, the effects from a TIA are temporary. If the problems she is having don't resolve shortly, maybe you should ask her Doc about her having an MRI. I've had 3 strokes in the thalmus area, which didn't show up on the CAT scan, but showed up on the MRI. In any case, I know you will look after her. Tell her that Skylar on the roadfood board wishes her the best, and will be praying for her.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1