Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak

Author
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
2009/04/24 17:04:27 (permalink)

Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak

The other night I went with a friend to Outback and when I go to Outback I always order the coconut fried shrimp. But this night I tried the $9.98 six-oz. sirloin steak and it was very good. You get two sides with it (I ordered a house salad and baked potato). I order my steaks med. rare and it came cooked perfectly. It was very juicy and very tasteful. Along with their wondeful brown bread this was a good "recession" meal. I will definitely try it again.

5 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15245
    Re:Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak 2009/04/25 11:49:39 (permalink)
    Outback has done some good things with their menu lately. Prices are down...some items have been reduced by 20-25% !
      When Janet and I go to Outback (a couple of times a year) our favorite combination means Two orders of the Coconut Shrimp (sharing one order just doesn't work for us !!) Our entree is usally the Rack of Lamb. The price on this dropped from $23 to $17 recently with two sides...for me that means a bowl of their French-Onion Soup and a Sweet Potato. Janet will opt for the Salad and Sweet Potato.

We seldom do a dessert, but I will have one (or perhaps two) of the tall frosted mugs of Foster's Beer with my dinner...never more than two! Thats about the only place I will pay the high rate for a Beer with dinner. There is something about that frosted mug (22 oz) that really goes down nicely.

Our normal tab for this dinner before tip is about $55. We don't do it often, but enjoy it every time. BTW We order the Lamb Ribs Medium to keep them Pink but not Red!
    post edited by mayor al - 2009/04/25 11:53:01
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8336
    Re:Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak 2009/04/25 12:15:15 (permalink)
    With the price of food at the grocery stores, its nice to know about deals like those at Outback.I have never been there, but now that I know they have French Onion soup-I am there!!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    Re:Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak 2009/04/25 17:51:54 (permalink)
    Don ,
      Everyone has likes and dislikes, so a negative opinion is not out of line. I put Outback in the same catagory as several of the "Roadhouse/Lone Star" type restaurants--or maybe half-a-step above them. Disregard the Aussie-Theme totally, but the steaks are ok (not Doe's of Peter Lugars, but ok) The service is decent and if you call ahead they do "line-bump" so waiting is minimal. If I can get the dinner I described above for less than $20 (minus the beer) I think it is a reasonable place to go. Not many other places around here do a Rack of Lamb for less than$20 !!
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak 2009/04/26 07:44:56 (permalink)
    Aahk!  The moderator caught my deleted post!

After I read it, I decided that I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade.

How's the quality of the rack of lamb?  Any noteworthy herbs or spices?
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    Re:Outback's $9.98 Sirloin Steak 2009/04/26 08:05:41 (permalink)
    OK...Sorry about answering a question that was removed !!

We like the Rack of Lamb, and have tried to imitate it at home with moderate success. They do use a seasoning that has a 'light' peppery flavor (rather mild actually). The boosting feature for that dish is the sauce on the side (for dipping). It is a dark wine and spice sauce that I find hard to describe. Janet loves the stuff, I tolerate it, but prefer the citrus marmalade used with the Coconut Shrimp. Dipping those ribs into the tangy citrus sauce makes them just perfect for me.
      Our Outback offers the dish cooked and served as individual cut Lamb Chops, or as the whole Rack done as one piece. We prefer it Whole! 
    post edited by mayor al - 2009/04/26 08:08:28
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1