The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

PJ's pancake house.

JakerDog

• Total Posts: 204
PJ's pancake house. Sat, 01/26/08 9:50 PM (permalink)
I work in Princeton NJ and a lot of people have mentioned PJ's as a local legend of pancake houses. Well after a few visits I have to say I would not recommend that dump to anyone. Maybe it is legend and has a colorful history but I have never thought the experiance is worth the ridiculus price. It is crowded, dirty and not a warm friendly environment for breakfast. I felt herded into a seat, barely noticed by the waitress and nothing spectatular was ever served. I have been there a handful of times now by choice and with a group and was really disappointed. Yeah chocolate chips are good and the fruit topped waffles are good but nothing at all extrodinary and certainly not worth the prices. At one time the writing all over everthing would have been cute, but know the place looks and feels dirty. The silverwear feels dirty. The policy of putting ice water out before anyone it sitting seems crazy. I see most people sit down, look at a glass of water that preceeded them and think like I did the first time, "who's is this". The waitress told me that they always put water out with the setting so no one has to ask for it. I don't know I think I would have liked it as a college kid, with money (which I wasn't) but for a place to eat now, it's off my list.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com