The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Packer-Bear NFC Championship game

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 40
Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 3:02 PM (permalink)
If that isn't an excuse for a Contingent get-together, I don't know what is!

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2367
    Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 3:08 PM (permalink)
    Not unless you can guarantee me a front row recliner in front of a 57 inch plasma.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
      Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 3:34 PM (permalink)
      I casually mentioned this to MilwFoodlovers in an unrelated, private email.  My thought was to meet at the closest neutral spot for both teams.  The only thing I could think of would be the Brat Stop in Kenosha.  I'm sure it will be a madhouse that day, but nothing else comes to mind.

Unfortunately, I am scheduled to work on Sunday the 23rd, so will not be able to make the party.  Have fun folks!

BTW, as I write this it's Bears 28, Seattle 3 at the top of the fourth quarter.

Buddy

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2367
        Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 3:56 PM (permalink)
        Dec. 14, 1941
        Bears 33
        Packers 14

It's about time for some payback.

Sundancer7

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 4:35 PM (permalink)
          That will be the game.  I wish I could be there or at least in the neighborhood.  No matter who you are for, it will be exciting.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
            Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 4:48 PM (permalink)
            We're scheduled to travel to the suburbs to pay a belated holiday visit to Kathy's 91-year-old great-aunt, so we won't be able to attend.

I suggested that since she's her relative and not mine I shouldn't have to go, and the temperature in the room dropped about 30 degrees...

Brad

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
              Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 5:03 PM (permalink)
              I will be cooking up a storm, hosting various Sunday "regulars" for this one!!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 6:16 PM (permalink)
                How is the Brat Stop a Neutral Site!

Sundancer7

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 7:50 PM (permalink)
                  Steelers vs. Jets and Bears vs. Packers.
                  It will be a interesting sports day next Sunday.

I gotta be for Steelers and the Bears.  Who Knows?  Regardless, it will be fun.

Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Sun, 01/16/11 10:47 PM (permalink)
                    ChiTownDiner

How is the Brat Stop a Neutral Site!

On the few Football Sundays when I have been at the Brat Stop, they have had both the Packers' and Bears' games playing on an equal number of monitors.  For every cheer or groan from the Cheeseheads, there were just as many reactions from the many Flatlanders in attendance.

Granted, the Brat Stop is in Wisconsin, but it is close enough to the state border that you get plenty of Illinoisans in the door.  In fact, I'll bet if you ask a Cheesehead, he'll say there are too dang many FIB's in the joint!

Buddy

abe_froeman

• Total Posts: 694
                      Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 9:01 AM (permalink)
                      Sounds like a great day to go to the Art Institute.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                        Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:15 PM (permalink)
                        You can always come to a neutral site in Minneapolis/St. Paul. After all, the Vikings screwed up their season to give both of you this wonderful opportunity.

Everyone should have known the NFC North ruled when the Vikings very late in the season totally dismantled the Philadelphia Eagles and then turned around and lost to the Lions and finished in last place. In retrospect a pretty strong conference.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                          Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:20 PM (permalink)
                          I see some alltime, big league, super serious tailgating for the Packers/ Bears. Some folks might even have a beer or 2!

ALLGOOD

• Total Posts: 167
                            Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:32 PM (permalink)
                            It actually would be fun to tailgate up at Lambeau in the parking lot (even with the game actually being in Chicago). As long as TV was available, everyone could cook up a specialty and have a great time.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                              Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:41 PM (permalink)
                              ALLGOOD

It actually would be fun to tailgate up at Lambeau in the parking lot (even with the game actually being in Chicago). As long as TV was available, everyone could cook up a specialty and have a great time.

Folks probably will, I can see renting a Motorhome for the day and parking it there...Think the bars will be packed?

ALLGOOD

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                chewingthefat

ALLGOOD

Folks probably will, I can see renting a Motorhome for the day and parking it there...Think the bars will be packed?

It's Wisconsin....the bars are always packed.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                                  Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:54 PM (permalink)
                                  ALLGOOD

chewingthefat

ALLGOOD

Wisconsin has great local bars. You don't need a game to pack them.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 12:58 PM (permalink)
                                    abe_froeman

Sounds like a great day to go to the Art Institute.

Except that's the same direction all the cars will be going on their way to the game.  Better to be driving away from Soldier Field; maybe up north to the Botanical Gardens--should be perfect weather for a stroll amongst the daisies...

Buddy

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                      Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 1:03 PM (permalink)
                                      ALLGOOD

Since kickoff's at 2pm I think it'd be wise to be off the roads by about 5pm.  Even though the local and state police patrols will be out in full force they're not going to catch everybody...

Brad

ALLGOOD

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 1:17 PM (permalink)
                                        ScreamingChicken

ALLGOOD

Since kickoff's at 2pm I think it'd be wise to be off the roads by about 5pm.  Even though the local and state police patrols will be out in full force they're not going to catch everybody...

Brad

Actually, considering the game is at 2pm, I would be done with my running around by Noon.   I've seen signs already this morning in the Milwaukee area in front of bars advertising "Open for Breakfast Sunday Morning"---"Get Your Seat Early for the Playoff Game on Sunday"--- "Serving $1.50 Bloody Mary's all Morning Before the Big Game"....  Run for your lives!!!!!  It's gonna be a jungle out there.

BLACKSHAWN

• Total Posts: 6
                                          Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 2:05 PM (permalink)
                                          I'm figuring melted cheese dip. Just like the Bears are going to do to the Pack.

BLACKSHAWN

I'm figuring melted cheese dip. Just like the Bears are going to do to the Pack.

BLACKSHAWN

ALLGOOD

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 2:08 PM (permalink)
                                                BLACKSHAWN

Maybe if you say it three times and click your heels together, the Bears really will win, huh Blackshawn?  Keep dreaming.

BLACKSHAWN

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 2:14 PM (permalink)
                                                  I am thinking that just because you are a cheese head doesn't mean you are a real Packer fan. You are probably dreaming of the Pack and the Steelers in the SB.
                                                  Bears and Jets. You will be able to have a party for the Bears on SB Sunday.  I know there will be no Cheese served since it will be all gone until next year.

ALLGOOD

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 2:17 PM (permalink)
                                                    BLACKSHAWN

I am thinking that just because you are a cheese head doesn't mean you are a real Packer fan. You are probably dreaming of the Pack and the Steelers in the SB.
                                                    Bears and Jets. You will be able to have a party for the Bears on SB Sunday.  I know there will be no Cheese served since it will be all gone until next year.

When the Packers kill your Bears on Sunday, I will send you a case of cheese just to make sure you're covered as well.  BTW, any ideas on where people could hook up to see the game (I mean slaughter)?

Big Ugly Mich

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 3:36 PM (permalink)
                                                      BuddyRoadhouse
                                                      In fact, I'll bet if you ask a Cheesehead, he'll say there are too dang many FIB's in the joint! Buddy
                                                      Not this Cheesehead. Let them spend their money here!

<message edited by Big Ugly Mich on Mon, 01/17/11 5:13 PM>

Big Ugly Mich

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 3:38 PM (permalink)
                                                        BLACKSHAWN
                                                        I am thinking that just because you are a cheese head doesn't mean you are a real Packer fan. You are probably dreaming of the Pack and the Steelers in the SB. Bears and Jets. You will be able to have a party for the Bears on SB Sunday.  I know there will be no Cheese served since it will be all gone until next year.
                                                        I'll worry about the Superbowl in February. Three Packer-Bear games in one season is over the top.

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
                                                          Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 4:54 PM (permalink)
                                                          The Brat Stop is about halfway for all of us, and growing up in Kenosha, I can tell you there are just as many Bears fans as Packers fans.

Kopps has Pancake & Maple Syrup custard that day. Don't think I'm not ordering mine with a side of bacon.

During the game I may go to the grocery store or the gym because it's like a wasteland during the games. It will be nice to have the pool all to myself again what with all the New Years Resolutionists hogging the lanes.

buffetbuster

Re:Packer-Bear NFC Championship game Mon, 01/17/11 9:20 PM (permalink)
                                                            stricken_detective

Kopps has Pancake & Maple Syrup custard that day. 
                                                            Wow!  How good does THAT sound! 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com