Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pcdiva
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 591
RE: Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure 2006/09/13 22:07:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

I think I made this comment on another thread somewhere, but... I am VERY GLAD to see so many folks doing the trip reports that include a running commentary on the trip AND the food and including photos of both the TRIP and the FOOD. I have tried to do that for each trip we take and have received great response from many of you. I hope this catches on even more.

I would certainly prefer to read and discuss a trip like the one Elise just did than to join more discussion as to why some place in Missouri has 'Que' that is BETTER than ALL other places in the civilized world because they use Ketchup in the Sauce. Or the neverending Waffle House debate. No put-down on WH. I just find a roadtrip documentary to be a lot more interesting than the constant repeating of the same stuff or making semantics the point instead of the Road or the Food.

We will be headed back to Georgia/NC/TN for a 5 day ride in a couple of weeks. We hope to add to the collection of places to check out as part of our fun. A stop in Atlanta to share dinner with One-Iron and the Lovely Mz Debbie is on the schedule and Photos will be produced and posted.

One final note. Photography will improve with every practice exercise you make. With a digital camera it is so easy to practice since the cost and time involved in film and processing is eliminated. Take as many photos as you can make yourself take...and eventually you will learn what is good and what isn't. At a grandkid birthday party/family picnic last friday, Janet shot photos while I hung out with my sons. She shot 166 photos. We photoshopped 40 of those and put them on a cd for each subset of the family. A dozen cd's cost less than a buck and all else was the computer time to edit the photos. It works the same way for trips. If you have the knowledge of how your camera works , it becomes almost automatic to compose,expose, and process a good photos.

Elise's food photos are as good as many we see in publications and that makes reading about her trip even Better !

We look forward to mooching a free lunch with our friend Paul and sharing some practice photo time with him soon.

Hi Al,
Let me know when and where in GA and when so I can try to hook up with y'all this time! I am feeling kind of Roadfood deprived since I can't hook up with Buddy so easily any more.

Beautiful write up, Elise. Maybe there are sites worth visiting in California after all. (Just far, far away from my psycho ex-boyfriend)
xannie_01
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure 2006/09/13 22:10:29 (permalink)
i wanna hook up with all ya'all!!!
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure 2006/09/14 05:46:13 (permalink)
quote:

Elise, RE- The Beef Chop

It is odd that we commonly refer to PORK, LAMP, VEAL, and even VENISON cuts from the same part of the Critter, as C H O P S , but when we talk about a Cow. The same cut becomes a "RIB STEAK" or if sliced off a roast... A PIECE or SLAB of "PRIME RIB". The term CHOP doesn't carry over to beef in most restaurants. Maybe the place you visited is starting a trend in product identification?

That's what I thought it looked like! Thanks for the verification.

soozycue520
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1031
RE: Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure 2006/09/14 19:23:06 (permalink)
quote:

Elise, RE- The Beef Chop

It is odd that we commonly refer to PORK, LAMP, VEAL, and even VENISON cuts from the same part of the Critter, as C H O P S , but when we talk about a Cow. The same cut becomes a "RIB STEAK" or if sliced off a roast... A PIECE or SLAB of "PRIME RIB". The term CHOP doesn't carry over to beef in most restaurants. Maybe the place you visited is starting a trend in product identification?

Yeah, the places that have them around here call them a "Cowboy Cut", or a "bone-in ribeye"[or 'bone-in rib steak']. I knew it as soon as I saw the picture. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I've never heard it called a "Beef Chop", but I like it!!
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Palm Springs Bob and Elise's Carnivorous Adventure 2006/09/15 07:57:51 (permalink)
Aaaah, what can you expect from the French? They will never agree with the English.

In England they called it "Rib of Beef for two":

and here we have a suspiciously similar cut being called a beef chop:

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1