Palmdale, CA-HWY 138

Author
DinoS
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 128
2003/08/19 01:03:52 (permalink)

Palmdale, CA-HWY 138

I travel along this route between Monterey and Phoenix several times a year.

Anyone know of any good (Roadfood type) places to grab a quick bite in any of the towns along Highway 138 - ie., Palmdale, Littlerock, Pearlblossom, Llano?

I always hit this area about lunchtime.

Dino

2 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15272
    RE: Palmdale, CA-HWY 138 2003/08/19 22:46:47 (permalink)
    Plenty of fruit stands in the Little Rock-Pearblossom area. There is a Sausage Shop in Pearblossom also next to the big'tourist-trap' fruit stand (forget the name (Charlie Brown's??) but it has tons of signs etc) Anyway the Hungarian Sausage Sandwiches were/are great and cheap just east of Brown's. The little cafe at the top of the hill where Rt 2 branches off is a great place to take a food break...if it isn't a weekend. They get a ton of business from the folks going to and coming from Wrightwood and the ski areas.
    Phelan is growing so fast that it must have some food business in the center of town now...take a cruise thru town and see what it has to offer.
    Any of you SoCal folks- here's a great one for you--- When Phelan built it's new high school in the early 80's they had a real problem finding a name for the school--finally settling on Snowline ( in reference to it's proximity to the mountains)...All of us in the nearby communities had voted to name it PHELAN HIGH (town name is pronounced feelin'!!!) Just a little high desert humor.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Palmdale, CA-HWY 138 2003/08/20 09:07:27 (permalink)
    Phelan High,huh---sounds like a California school to me!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1