Panera - Not just sandwiches

Author
kland01s
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2835
2006/08/12 08:05:05 (permalink)

Panera - Not just sandwiches

An odd set of circumstances led my SO, a friend and I looking for an early dinner (5 pm). We have a great indie Chinese place and Mexican place but we were all looking for something really light, a salad maybe? we decided on Panera which I have never had anything but lunch at. I ordered a ham & swiss, SO had soup & salad but our friend saw a sign that offered individual pizzas. While waiting out food, a worker came around and offered us samples of the 3 cheese pizza, it was wonderful! Our firend got the tomato/basil pizza and said it was wonderful as well. A cracker thin crust cooked just to the right crispness, nice light toppings. These pizzas are only served after 4 pm.

4 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2320
    RE: Panera - Not just sandwiches 2006/08/12 08:57:03 (permalink)
    You best take care somebody doesn't key your monitor for saying something nice about a chain. I go to Panera two or three times a month, but haven't seen anything about a pizza.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Panera - Not just sandwiches 2006/08/12 09:00:25 (permalink)
    I guess I'll take my chances Pete They told us they just started this about 2 weeks ago, gives them something to do with their ovens later in the day. Now we live in a land of really good, independant pizza places, I won't compare to them but it ws pretty tasty.
    Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Panera - Not just sandwiches 2006/08/12 14:19:56 (permalink)
    The one we had here went out of business due to mis-management, but I liked them. I especially liked the chicken and wild rice soup. So good on a winter's day.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Panera - Not just sandwiches 2006/09/01 09:42:29 (permalink)
    Our bank is right next to Panera and we had business there around 5:30 pm so, with a coupon, we decided to try Panera's "Crispani". Last visit we had a sample of the three cheese so we decided to try roasted wild mushroom. The coupon offered free salad so we shared a large portion of Caesar salad while we waited for our pizza. I did see them rolling out the dough and adding toppings so this is not preprepared and takes about 12 minutes. A server brings out the special serving rack, a two tiered wire thing with plates and forks on the lower level. The pizza is then delievered on a 14' oval platter, more than enough for 2 people. The pizza isn't bad, the crust seemed a little under done and bland but the mushrooms were plentiful and very tasty. The interesting thing is that servers kept coming by and asking how we liked our food and if we needed anything!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1