PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!!

Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4541
2010/11/10 19:56:09 (permalink)

PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!!

WhoDaMan......YouDaMan!!

I was slow cooking a rack of ribs tonight with a dry rub.  The side dish was potatoes with bacon, onions and pickled jalapeno slices.  

The jalapeno jar was empty and I looked at the juice remaining in the jar, and thought about all the times PapaJoe recommended mixing the juice with mayo for a hot dog topping.  Well, as a hater of everything mayo, I mixed about 4 ounces of jalapeno juice with about 4 ounces of ketchup along with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I basted the ribs several times as they cooked.  The flavor was outrageous!!

Thanks PapaJoe!!  Now I am lamenting about all the good juice I threw away over the years

7 Replies Related Threads

PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/10 23:30:09 (permalink)
    Wow, thanks Joe! All these years I didn't think anyone was listening. :~0

My prob is my jalapenos are often left high and dry from all of the juice I steel. I just added some juice to a bowl of stew. The juice blends right in and adds that extra flavor and kik.

When I serve Chili to a crowd I always have chopped jalapenos, and that juice, as an optional addition. That way folks who need things mild can have it their way. And.. the rest of us can have it our way.

I also do a soy, or teriyaki sauce, jalapeno juice marinade for steaks. Just while they are coming to room temp does tha trick. I just add the jalapeno juice till the mixtrue tastes good. But... sometimes I end up drinking all of my mix and then have to make some more. :~)

The uses for pickled jalapeno juice are almost endless.

Oh, and those ribs sound great! Good idea!
    Joe
    MellowRoast
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 00:06:22 (permalink)
    That does sound like a good idea, and I must have missed the mayo-jalapeno juice suggestion.  Looks like a market that manufacturers should look at.  I'm sure there are people who'd like to buy jars of jalapeno juice.  I'd like to buy jars of dill pickle juice and packages of bread end pieces. 

I'll definitely have to try mayo and ketchup with jalapeno juice.
    post edited by MellowRoast - 2010/11/11 10:40:53
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 08:18:49 (permalink)
    Joe----you are using the old noggin.  Sounds like you should have never mentioned it on this site though.  Should have mixed up a batch and patented it ---- betcha you could make a fortune----------------- 

The JO-RO-GO SECRET SAUCE.  Also good for arthritis, rheumatism,
    acne, warts, baldness, wrinkle and og-a-dah.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 11:17:39 (permalink)
    the ancient mariner

Joe----you are using the old noggin.  Sounds like you should have never mentioned it on this site though.  Should have mixed up a batch and patented it ---- betcha you could make a fortune----------------- 

The JO-RO-GO SECRET SAUCE.  Also good for arthritis, rheumatism,
    acne, warts, baldness, wrinkle and og-a-dah.

I hate it when I have og-a-dah, I usually get it if I use Vitalis instead of the other V thing, I always get them mixed up!

the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 11:44:09 (permalink)

Other V stuff----oh yeah---- Vaseline. 

Today there a recipe on AOL for Garlic Shrimp LaSagna----these ladies like super duper large shrimp-----and me with the little party sized ones. 
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 17:37:14 (permalink)
    Yall are way off topic! ........ Not that I stay on topic but... Jalapenos, yall reminded me;

Make a marinade like I mentioned earlier and use it for grilled shrimp. 20 mins or so will work. Don't over do the time. It will open up a whole new world of shrimp for ya. I like the teriyaki / jalapeno best. I have even been known to pan fry these. :~0
    Joe
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:PapaJoe8, YouDaMan!!! 2010/11/11 19:42:13 (permalink)
    I use Jalapeno Juice to clean rust off of things and in a vaporizer to clear up stuffed sinuses!" />" />
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1