The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Passing inspection/obtaining Insignia in CA

nash81

• Total Posts: 1
Passing inspection/obtaining Insignia in CA Sat, 04/28/12 2:13 AM (permalink)
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping for some advice and answers to some of my questions. I am located in CA and trying to get my small concession trailer permitted. I had it inspected and all checked clear  from the county where I am planning on selling, but the health department there told me I would need proof from HCD that the trailer has passed state inspection in the past, and if not to have it inspected in order to receive the insignia sticker.  What happened now is that HCD doesn't have any record of that trailer and sent me to the health department in Sacramento since their system more likely can access information from different counties (I bought the trailer from someone who used to operate in a different county).
What "scared" me a little bit is that I was told from HCD that my trailer was made out of state (the lady that helped me saw the make on the pink slip) and told me that it might be difficult to get it permitted  since it is out state and that that particular make hasn't been approved in CA.  The questions that I have are:

1. Assuming the previous owner has passed state inspection, will the health department be able to find records of that and give me a copy of those records?
2. Because I am a new owner, will I have to get it re inspected regardless if it has passed in the past?
3. I have made certain changes to meet the CA requirements (added a 3rd sink, p traps and couple other things) and should be able to pass inspection, BUT will I have any problems passing due to the fact that the manufacturer is an out of state, not approved in CA? And btw, could someone be kind enough to list the things that
they are usually looking for in order to pass (making sure I have everything)?

Any help will be appreciated!

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Passing inspection/obtaining Insignia in CA Sat, 04/28/12 8:37 AM (permalink)
    I'd suggest doing a search on the state regulations, on line read them carefully and you should find your answers. Or ask some one else in the business in your area, but your better off reading the regs yourself.
    <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sat, 04/28/12 5:38 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com