Paul's Palace, East Village New York

Author
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2414
2005/10/04 13:38:17 (permalink)

Paul's Palace, East Village New York

Just read an NPR article by Chappy Hardy aka the "Man From Hunger". In searching for a good burger he came across "Paul's Palace". He concurs that this may be the best burger he's ever had in his life. The owner of the restaurant says the secret is having fresh chopped sirloin delivered everyday. The burgers sit under metal cups on the grill, so they stay juicy. He also say's it's a bargin and he measures bargins by the bite. His burger at Paul's was accompanied by a generous selection of fries and onion rings. It came to a total of $7.35 and 89 bites. Averaging out to $.08 per mouthful. Making it a rare Manhatten bargin.
That's what I call analizing a meal. Anyone else experienced "Paul's Palace"?

8 Replies Related Threads

tonemonster2
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 187
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/04 13:54:40 (permalink)
    2nd Ave. and 9 thSt. Maybe I'll hit it this afternoon on the way home.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 10:20:09 (permalink)
    I too asked this question here and since have heard from someone elsewhere that is was a "pretty good" burger but by far not the best or anywhere near his favorite burger in New York.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15286
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 10:36:58 (permalink)

I'm afraid that a burger requiring 89 bites would be larger than the table on which it is served (for me). The price is ok for a good 'urban' Burger but the evaluation criteria sounds like it is being consummed by gerbils.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 10:59:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

I'm afraid that a burger requiring 89 bites would be larger than the table on which it is served (for me). The price is ok for a good 'urban' Burger but the evaluation criteria sounds like it is being consummed by gerbils.

LOL! Al, i think thats burgers--fries AND Onion rings! at 89 bites---gerbil may be a BIT harsh--large cat maybe or SMALL dog.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15286
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 11:38:15 (permalink)

Tiki,
    I was thinking more in the terms of John Belushi in the cafeteria line scene in ANIMAL HOUSE !!
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 15:56:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Tiki,
    I was thinking more in the terms of John Belushi in the cafeteria line scene in ANIMAL HOUSE !!

THAT mouthful will run a BIT more then 8 cents!
    geomotz
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/06 17:05:30 (permalink)
    It's an awful burger - not enough grease and way too inconsistent grill men (sometimes too rare, cheese never really melted, cold buns, etc) Just across the street is a much better burger at, believe it or not, Veselka!
    tonemonster2
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 187
    RE: Paul's Palace, East Village New York 2005/10/11 14:01:08 (permalink)
    Okay, so I checked out Pauls on the way home Friday. First off, top shelf decor, just perfect for a burger joint (in fact Paul's buisness card says "da burger joint"). Big enough menu, a bunch of different choices, and not just burgers. I chose the bleucheese burger. Mistake. The burger was certainly large, but except for the cheese, tasteless. Surprisingly they use Wonder Bread buns, which are fine but don't really hold up under the stress of a 1/2 pound burger. Should have gotten it toasted. French Fries were fine, but when I asked if I could order half fries and half onion rings,the counter guy went into some deal about the deluxe or something. He was pleasant enough; all the customers seemed happy but the burger was just blah. Perhaps there was not enough fat in the chopped meat. It looked kind of lean, almost like turkey (they do offer turkey burgers). I asked the guy what kind of hotdogs they served and he said "some restaurant kind they're good". Okay ! Thanks for the input. Anyway a decent experience. I may go again to see if it was an off day because I would say the place has huge potential.Oh, one more thing...the guy asked me how I wnted my burger done..well or medium. Hmmmm.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1