Peanut butter + cooks n' cream + cookie cake?

Author
ilikefood
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2008/08/01 17:51:01 (permalink)

Peanut butter + cooks n' cream + cookie cake?

I don't indulge on sweets too much although I absolutely love 'em. I'm having a cake made for me so I thought what kind of cake would I enjoy most.

Three things came to mind when thinking of the cake...

1. Peanut butter + chocolate
2. Cookies n' cream (oreos type thing)
3. Cookie cake

I was thinking of the possibility of combining all these somehow. A moist cake with chocolate, peanut butter, and cookies and cream with perhaps a bit of a cookie crunch layer. If anything, at least combining the first two. But would this be too much of a good thing and cancel out some of the taste of the other ingredient? Are there any cakes out there that combine 1 & 2? Or possible all 3?

Any help is appreciated.

If not I suppose I'll end up deciding on just 1. But Ideally I'd liek to hit all these cravings.

3 Replies Related Threads

fabulousoyster
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1855
    RE: Peanut butter + cooks n' cream + cookie cake? 2008/08/01 19:09:22 (permalink)
    The closest I can think of is a Peanut Butter Silk PIE which I've made several times, is delicious, and thick like a cake but it is not a cake. Good luck.
    ilikefood
    Junior Burger
    RE: Peanut butter + cooks n' cream + cookie cake? 2008/08/01 21:03:52 (permalink)
    I may end up going with pie. Peanut Butter silk pie was one dish I was looking at. Definitely looks tasty
    ilikefood
    Junior Burger
    RE: Peanut butter + cooks n' cream + cookie cake? 2008/08/01 21:38:51 (permalink)
    Hmm, I came across this - http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/crunchy-milk-chocolate-peanut-butter-layer-cake

I'm thinking perhaps going with that and maybe topping the top of the cake with creamy icing and oreo crumbs. Any experience with combining cookies & cream + peanut butter?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1