The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Pearson's in Manhattan

Chumley

• Total Posts: 182
Pearson's in Manhattan Sat, 01/10/04 12:50 PM (permalink)
Has anyone been to the new Pearson's on E. 80th Street in Manhattan yet? I haven't had a chance to get up that way recently. I've heard that it's finally open but nobody I know has tried it.

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
    RE: Pearson's in Manhattan Sat, 01/10/04 1:48 PM (permalink)
    I would normally respond only if I had first-hand experience with a place: let me emphasize that I don't. But, for what it's worth, two friends whose food-related opinions I value both disliked it. Tremendously.

Again, not my personal opinion. But their opinions were so strong, I thought they were worth sharing. These two friends -- who don't know each other -- both made a similar comment: perhaps we need to give the restaurant time. A lot of folks who didn't like Blue Smoke (another Manhattan BBQ) at the beginning now think it's really good.

This raises a question for the BBQ-savvy among you: do new pits need time to "mature?"

Regardless, I still plan on trying it soon. Maybe I'll see you there, Chumley.

Chumley

RE: Pearson's in Manhattan Mon, 01/12/04 9:45 AM (permalink)
      Your friend's comments don't surprise me. I think any restaurant's kitchen needs time to work the kinks out. But seeing how this is Pearson's third or fourth time around the block, I'm hoping it doesn't take him too long. I enjoyed his place in Long Island City but I never got out to the Jackson Heights location.

I admit that I am one of the folks who was underwhelmed by Blue Smoke. My last visit was last February. Do you think it's gotten better since then? Maybe they're due for a re-try!

I hope you make it to Pearson's soon. I'd love to hear your impressions. I don't get south more than once a year so these outposts are quite important to me.

If you don't see me there in person, know that I'll be there in spirit!

LIULI

• Total Posts: 1
        RE: Pearson's in Manhattan Sun, 02/15/04 3:37 PM (permalink)
        THE WORST SERVICE EVER...TOP DOLLAR PRICES FOR FATTY TASTELESS RIBS IN A PLASTIC BASKET...NEVER AGAIN. [:(!
        quote:
        Originally posted by Chumley

Has anyone been to the new Pearson's on E. 80th Street in Manhattan yet? I haven't had a chance to get up that way recently. I've heard that it's finally open but nobody I know has tried it.

Chumley

RE: Pearson's in Manhattan Sat, 02/28/04 6:21 PM (permalink)
          Well, I finally got to Pearson's myself this month. I have to say, I wasn't too impressed.

Knowing that Brisket is what they do best, that's what I went for. It was acceptable but not nearly as good as what he was serving when he was in Long Island City. Not nearly enough smoke for my palette. Don't know why that is -- I saw Pearson there so the deficiencies can't be blamed on the Chef.

I didn't have service issues that Liuli had but I wouldn't say the service was anything to shout about, either.

So, now that I've tried the three allegedly "serious" Q-joints in NYC, my vote for number one is Daisy May's. Blue Smoke is a distant second, followed by the new Pearson's.

Anyone see things differently?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com