The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Pete & Elda's and Vic's at Jersey Shore

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
Pete & Elda's and Vic's at Jersey Shore Tue, 05/17/05 1:47 AM (permalink)
Heading that way later this week. Anyone familiar with these places? Pete & Elda's in Neptune and Vic's in Bradley Beach. I've heard they have good pizza. Is it worth stopping here, or heading to Maruca's in Seaside Heights, where I know it's good.

Also, anyone familiar with Jimmy's Italian in Asbury Park for subs?

LoveFood

• Total Posts: 2
    RE: Pete & Elda's and Vic's at Jersey Shore Tue, 05/17/05 3:29 PM (permalink)
    If you're willing to go up to Long Branch, the BEST pizza I've had in New Jersey so far is at Attilio's. It's right on Ocean Avenue, across from Seven Presiden't Park. You won't be disappointed.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
      RE: Pete & Elda's and Vic's at Jersey Shore Thu, 05/19/05 9:58 PM (permalink)
      It depends are what you're looking for. Both Pete & Elda's and Vics serve very good pizza. Both are bars, a completely different dining experience than Maruca's.

Pete & Elda's serves the thinnest crust I've ever had, almost like a cracker.The main thing I don't like about the place is that it's very smoky. It's also usually much more crowded than Vics.

Vic is more of an old line Italian restaurant, although it also has a bar. The pizza is thin crust, but not as thin as Pete & Elda's.

However, for what it's worth, Maruca's is probably my favorite pizza in all of Jersey. For years I resisted recommendations to go there (How good could it be? If it's on the Boadwalk, it's a tourist trap) Finally was dragged there a few years by relatives and I ate my words, along with several slices of pizza. Been there several times since. ---Ken

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com