Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 386
2010/12/03 16:27:19 (permalink)

Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces

For those of you in the Philly area who enjoyed Bebe's Barbecue, the 9th Street Italian Market take-out place that closed a few months ago and which also received five grease stains from Hollyeats.com, the owner/cook has taken over the kitchen at Fergie's Pub, a Center City Irish bar which has been around for a good number of years. Fergie's has never been a barbecue place, but I'm assuming the food will be very similar to what was served at Bebe's. I believe they've already changed over the menu to barbecue, but I haven't been there to check it out for myself yet. I'm hoping to change that soon.

3 Replies Related Threads

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces 2010/12/03 16:38:23 (permalink)
    You were not very impressed with Percy Street BBQ...right?

Did  you ever make it back for another go?
    jalva
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces 2010/12/03 20:35:08 (permalink)
    I still need the reciepe for Love's Bar-B-que Pit short rib glase, with the Pickling spice. The 1 and five gallon containers mention in other blogs were purchased from Syco foods. I called them but it doesn't look like they carry it any more. Any Ideas drop me a line. Please!
    phlmaestro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 386
    Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces 2010/12/03 20:51:11 (permalink)
    CCinNJ

You were not very impressed with Percy Street BBQ...right?

Did  you ever make it back for another go?

I did go back a couple more times. I don't think I ever said I disliked Percy Street (I can't remember exactly what I wrote), but it didn't blow me away. The brisket isn't always as moist as I'd like it (according to what I've read, it's also not smoked nearly as long as they smoke brisket at the better Texas places ... they use slightly higher heat). Perhaps they're more consistent now. I read the other day that they changed their pork rib recipe.
    post edited by phlmaestro - 2010/12/03 20:53:08
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1