The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces

phlmaestro

Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces Fri, 12/3/10 4:27 PM (permalink)
For those of you in the Philly area who enjoyed Bebe's Barbecue, the 9th Street Italian Market take-out place that closed a few months ago and which also received five grease stains from Hollyeats.com, the owner/cook has taken over the kitchen at Fergie's Pub, a Center City Irish bar which has been around for a good number of years. Fergie's has never been a barbecue place, but I'm assuming the food will be very similar to what was served at Bebe's. I believe they've already changed over the menu to barbecue, but I haven't been there to check it out for myself yet. I'm hoping to change that soon.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
    Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces Fri, 12/3/10 4:38 PM (permalink)
    You were not very impressed with Percy Street BBQ...right?

Did  you ever make it back for another go?

jalva

• Total Posts: 1
      Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces Fri, 12/3/10 8:35 PM (permalink)
      I still need the reciepe for Love's Bar-B-que Pit short rib glase, with the Pickling spice. The 1 and five gallon containers mention in other blogs were purchased from Syco foods. I called them but it doesn't look like they carry it any more. Any Ideas drop me a line. Please!

phlmaestro

Re:Philly's Bebe's Barbecue owner/cook resurfaces Fri, 12/3/10 8:51 PM (permalink)
        CCinNJ

You were not very impressed with Percy Street BBQ...right?

Did  you ever make it back for another go?

I did go back a couple more times. I don't think I ever said I disliked Percy Street (I can't remember exactly what I wrote), but it didn't blow me away. The brisket isn't always as moist as I'd like it (according to what I've read, it's also not smoked nearly as long as they smoke brisket at the better Texas places ... they use slightly higher heat). Perhaps they're more consistent now. I read the other day that they changed their pork rib recipe.
        <message edited by phlmaestro on Fri, 12/3/10 8:53 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com