Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza

Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
2006/11/13 02:27:20 (permalink)

Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza

This looks like a margherita pizza to me.
Which is MY personal favorite type of pizza!
Only should have sliced tomato.....Crust is too thick for me though. I like a thing foccia type crust, or a NY crust

But still, I would love to sink my teeth into that thing!
Now that looks like a great pizza to me.!!!!
Dominos, and pizza hut, you cant make a 'za like this!
You should be ashamed to call your pizza, "pizza"!
Only thing I would add is some crushed red pepper!

16 Replies Related Threads

porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2217
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 08:58:47 (permalink)
    It's a great looking pie, but over $20 for a personal pizza? Waaaay too much, imho. pb
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8520
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 09:11:59 (permalink)
    It IS a great looking pizza,but I have to agree that 20.00 is a bit steep-even in New York.I guess if I am going to spend big bucks,I will add a twenty or two and get a steak as Ellen previewed.....
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 19:11:17 (permalink)
    Too expensive (although I expect delicious) AND too asymmetrical in appearence for me (including the other pizza in the background). Think ying-yang.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 20:30:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

Their menu consists of four pies, all basically variations on the same theme, which is: baked flat bread with some combinations of salt, oil, tomatoes, cheese and basil on top. There's the basic Marinara, which comes with tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, garlic, basil and sea salt. The Margherita adds mozzarella and subtracts the oregano and garlic. The Bianca has no tomatoes or oregano or basil. And finally, the Filetti substitutes the San Marzano tomatoes with fresh cherry tomatoes and no oregano.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 20:34:03 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:

Their menu consists of four pies, all basically variations on the same theme, which is: baked flat bread with some combinations of salt, oil, tomatoes, cheese and basil on top. There's the basic Marinara, which comes with tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, garlic, basil and sea salt. The Margherita adds mozzarella and subtracts the oregano and garlic. The Bianca has no tomatoes or oregano or basil. And finally, the Filetti substitutes the San Marzano tomatoes with fresh cherry tomatoes and no oregano.

I will take one of each, Please, Thank you!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/13 20:39:56 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

That'll be $76 + tax please.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/14 03:47:36 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That'll be $76 + tax please.

Just put in on my account.. Thank you, when can I expect delivery..
    Oh???.. You dont deliver?
    hmmmm..........
    well then, never mind!
    Thanks anyway.
    For 80 bucks, I expect personal delivery from a man that wears a tuxedo!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/14 11:41:52 (permalink)
    quote:

you want a musician to deliver your pizza?

pfft.

we don't do that, honey! We're WAY above....that.....hmmm.....well....
    then again...
    how much do you tip?
    FrankBooth
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/22 22:05:50 (permalink)
    this is the most outrageously priced pizza around- very tasty, no doubt, but absolutely not worth the money- go to Difara in midwood and eat a large pie with a topping for less than these dinky little pies at UPN- and no toppings? no bacon? no peppyroniez? no anchovies? the pizzaola at UPN is a vegetarian! ouch! look, i grew up in new haven eating at sally's and pepe's, i've eaten all the great ny spots, and i've eaten pizza in napoli and all over italy, and this $20+ for a pie is just not worth the money- at sally's you can get 2 larges for the same price as this little personal pizza! no pizza is worth more than $20- i don't care how expensive mozzarella di buffala is or whether you use chickpea flour in your dough and you run out early, pizza is food for the people, not the east village gentry/suits! this place is another example of the gentrification of the east village- cbgb's and everything with soul is being sold out to the rich- 2nd avenue deli gone, ratner's gone, all gone gone gone and what comes in to replace them- yuppie pizzas! with no toppings! no thanks- on a happier note, i had a large half bacon half chicken with mozz from pepe's fairfield last night and it was SUPERB- and cost well less than $20!!! and half of it was still around for lunch today! skip UPN unless you are on an expense account credit card! and if you are, skip it anyways and go to peter lugers and call me... rant over- frankbooth
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/11/27 00:01:47 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

you want a musician to deliver your pizza?

pfft.

we don't do that, honey! We're WAY above....that.....hmmm.....well....
    then again...
    how much do you tip?

Music would be a lovely accommpiant to my pizza.
    Yes, I tip well, but not that well, since I guess I have to pay for your drive time from DC to SC also...
    Hmm.
    Never mind..
    Cancel my order!
    senor boogie woogie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 239
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/12/12 21:21:22 (permalink)

Looks like it came from a snooty restaurant. With cherry tomaotoes and kelp?
    FrankBooth
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2006/12/22 15:46:57 (permalink)
    Snooty indeed- i had an awful experience at the above pictured WAY overpriced and overrated place recently- obnoxious waiter, over one hour from the time i placed my order for 2 little pizzas (at $21 a piece and no toppings- this is highway robbery), the place was half empty, waiter yelled at me when i asked why my pizza was taking so long, and then they brought my pizzas to the table next to me and put them down when they were finally ready. luckily the people didn't eat them, but when they realized their mistake the pizza was getting cold. my bill for 2 tiny pizzas and a bottle of water was $48 before tax and tip!!! never going back here and i'd recommend staying far away from this snooty, snotty, obnoxious, mediocre pizza joint. do not believe the hype- this pizza is not worth the hassle. go to difara's and have a true MASTER make your pie- skip una pizza napolitana and their snooty pizza dissertations... not sure why i went back- i already disliked this place, i guess i was trying to give them another chance but NOT WORTH IT AT ALL...
    thefoodguy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2007/01/26 15:23:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by FrankBooth

this is the most outrageously priced pizza around- very tasty, no doubt, but absolutely not worth the money- go to Difara in midwood and eat a large pie with a topping for less than these dinky little pies at UPN- and no toppings? no bacon? no peppyroniez? no anchovies? the pizzaola at UPN is a vegetarian! ouch! look, i grew up in new haven eating at sally's and pepe's, i've eaten all the great ny spots, and i've eaten pizza in napoli and all over italy, and this $20+ for a pie is just not worth the money- at sally's you can get 2 larges for the same price as this little personal pizza! no pizza is worth more than $20- i don't care how expensive mozzarella di buffala is or whether you use chickpea flour in your dough and you run out early, pizza is food for the people, not the east village gentry/suits! this place is another example of the gentrification of the east village- cbgb's and everything with soul is being sold out to the rich- 2nd avenue deli gone, ratner's gone, all gone gone gone and what comes in to replace them- yuppie pizzas! with no toppings! no thanks- on a happier note, i had a large half bacon half chicken with mozz from pepe's fairfield last night and it was SUPERB- and cost well less than $20!!! and half of it was still around for lunch today! skip UPN unless you are on an expense account credit card! and if you are, skip it anyways and go to peter lugers and call me... rant over- frankbooth

I live in CT, but never tried pepe's or sally's.
    I hear they're awesome...is it worth the hour drive to try it?
    FrankBooth
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2007/01/26 15:56:21 (permalink)
    absolutely worth it- sally's is old world, pizza of the masters- pepe's is equally as great. but if you live in CT, there are TONS of amazing pizza places all over the state- Letizia's, Carminuccio's, Jerry's (white sicilian), modern, colony grill, etc. etc. - check out the restuarants section of this site and search CT and you will be in pizza heaven- CT is the motherland for pizza in the US. enjoy fb
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2007/01/31 07:30:12 (permalink)
    When I lived in the Bronx durung the early 50's we use to go to Fordham road for pizza. They came one way, with cheese, period, and were delicious. To me when you start adding all of the other stuff it ain't pizza anymore, started out as one but morphed into something else along the way.

John
    tamandmik
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 949
    RE: Photo of the day 11/13/06 Filetti Pizza 2007/01/31 09:24:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by thefoodguy

quote:
    Originally posted by FrankBooth

I live in CT, but never tried pepe's or sally's.
    I hear they're awesome...is it worth the hour drive to try it?

I lived in New Jersey, and drove over 2 hours to eat at both places. To me, it was worth it, but that was in the late 90s, when gas was about half of what it is now.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1