Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
wfmitchell
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/05/17 09:59:31 (permalink)
I go to Pierces all the time. BBQ is good but the sides aren't that great.
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/10 22:04:53 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MandalayVA

I wouldn't put it on an Arthur Bryant level, but a pulled pork sandwich at the Pitt can satisfy a Q jones nicely for me.

Reading posts about Williamsburg, Virginia's[url='http://www.pierces.com/']Pierce's PITT Bar-B-Que[/url] on this or other threads on this site is like watching a ping-pong game. ("I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I love it...")

However, after being a longtime patron of this Old Dominion institution and after dining their tonight (pulled pork, coleslaw, fries), I think MandalayVA's excerpted quote above says it best and, selfishly, reminds me of yet another criteria to this site's formal restaurant reviews (which includes whether you'd "Visit Again" such dining establishment, rating its "Food" and "Atmosphere" and how many "Miles Worth Driving" said restaurant is) that being, "what satisfies your 'jones'" for a particular food craving.

Agreed, it's all personal nevermind geographical (i.e. I would never recommend anyone drive up to Pierce's from Wilson, North Carolina) however I wouldn't think twice about recommending Pierce's if you're in the Williamsburg area and I, myself, never miss an opportunity to visit this BBQ stalwart when traveling to or from Virginia's Tidewater area.

QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 643
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/11 19:35:32 (permalink)
Hi, I-95. Thx for the pic of the new sign. QFan hasn't been up that way in quite awhile. In fact, just long enough for me to come Jones'in for some Pierce's next time Mrs QFan & I are up that way to see family.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2715
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/11 19:40:03 (permalink)
i95,

I'll be in Williamsburg next week and Pierce's is a definite stop (or two) for me and my wife. I have a friend who drives to Pierce's from Charlottesville, so he thinks it is pretty good Que.

Jim
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7898
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/11 19:52:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by JRPfeff

i95,

I'll be in Williamsburg next week and Pierce's is a definite stop (or two) for me and my wife. I have a friend who drives to Pierce's from Charlottesville, so he thinks it is pretty good Que.

Jim

When you go

get the sweet potato sticks- they're really good!

I was able to sub them for fries when I ordered the pork sandwich plate
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2715
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/11 20:21:02 (permalink)
wj -

Thanks for the tip. Anything sweet potato and my wife & I will be all over it.

Jim
Williamsburger
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Q 2008/06/26 09:57:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Jimeats

I attempted a visit to Pierces a little over a week ago. It was mid week mid afternoon dinning room was packed and two tour buses pulled up.
Damnd if I was going to wait in that line, sorry I didn't.
After leaving I found a very nice State Park around the corner from Pierces on Airport Rd., don't know why it's called that, no airport there.
It would have made a great spot to eat take out.
Also FYI the Pottery is up for sale after many many years in business.
We paid a visit the day it was announced, too bad a great place to visit and shop. If you go bring your walking shoes. Chow Jim

There used to be an airport there abouts. I think the land is now part of Camp Perry. Waller Mill is a very nice park but local, not State.

It is sad about the Pottery. But I'll bet the land is worth more than the business now.

Food related - I haven't been to Pierce's in years, but in the interest of "takin' one for the team" (whatever that means....)I'll see about going there over this weekend. Anyone going to be around to join me?

Cathy
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1