Pisano's Pizza

Author
zussers
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 232
2004/08/30 20:59:03 (permalink)

Pisano's Pizza

Saturday, my husband and I ordered a carry-out pizza from Pisano's. It is located in Knoxville, Tn in the middle of an up-scale lake front neighborhood called Sequoyah Hills. We have never ate there before but decided to give it a try and take the pizza to the lake front park in the neighborhood(which we do not live in, sadly) Come to find out, the pizza place is owned by a nice Russian woman with help from her son. Its California type pizza. We ordered a large mushroom and believe me it was large! The ingredients are all fresh and mostly organic. We loved it, but thought there could have been more sauce. It turns out that the original Pisano's is located in Lake Tahoe and run by the Russian woman's daughter! As far as I know, those are the only 2 restaurants. I was wondering if anyone had eaten at the Lake Tahoe location(or the one in Knoxville, for that matter). The Knoxville location is small, with only about 4 or 5 tables inside and a few out on the patio. I get the impression its mainly for take-out.

5 Replies Related Threads

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Pisano's Pizza 2004/09/19 08:16:08 (permalink)
    Wow, you may have made a really neat, new find in Knox. I'm really excited to try and find this place and try it.
    Personally, I like NY style pizza, but anything new in Knox would be special. Hard to imagine the business exists in Sequoyah Hills, too.

carl reitz
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13548
    RE: Pisano's Pizza 2004/09/21 09:20:34 (permalink)
    Zussers: Thanks for the report on Pisano's. I will try it as soon as possible.

Someone turned me on to Metro Pizza in Marville in the Walmart shopping center. I believe it was TNGuy. The previous owner who was a small Italian guy knew his busines. He sold it to a young man. I ate there yesterday and the pizza was very taty. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain quality and taste.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    carlton pierre
    RE: Pisano's Pizza 2004/12/12 08:19:37 (permalink)
    There's a wonderful little pizza shop in Chattanooga called, Lupi's. It's on Broad St. just down from the Aquarium. Funky little place, they also serve great calzones, bruschetta, homemmade bread, etc. Place is decorated unlike any other place I've been to with each table done different from the next. They also have a small selection of reading material.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13548
    RE: Pisano's Pizza 2004/12/12 11:22:33 (permalink)
    Carlton, I will depend on you to stake out neat pizza places. You were good on the last one you suggested. I am glad you are still traveling. You save me some time since I am retired.

Here is a hint to you and it is for BBQ in Chattanooga. Try Sunset BBQ on Dodds avenue. They open only after 4:00PM. Rib sandwich is real good.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    carlton pierre
    RE: Pisano's Pizza 2004/12/12 21:53:35 (permalink)
    I know where Dodds Ave is and will look for Sunset BBQ next time I'm there, which will be some time this month. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1