Pizza In Maine

Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
2005/10/11 17:15:50 (permalink)

Pizza In Maine

Any hints for a GREAT pizza joint in the Portland to Brunswick area?.. I just moved to Freeport and havent had a good slice of pizza since I left Florida in July!
Thanks,
Tara[|)]

14 Replies Related Threads

Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 222
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/11 17:55:31 (permalink)
    Good luck!
    There used to be a good place in the Old Port in Portland, And a really good place just outside of Bath (Donallo's), both sadly gone.
    If you like the greek-style pizza you'll have better luck at any '________ House of Pizza (fill in the name of the town).
    If you DO find a good NY style pizza in Maine, please let me know; I've been living here since 1987 and would LOVE to be proved wrong on this.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7685
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/11 17:56:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

Any hints for a GREAT pizza joint in the Portland to Brunswick area?.. I just moved to Freeport and havent had a good slice of pizza since I left Florida in July!
    Thanks,
    Tara[|)]

I can't help you with great pizza, however there is a variety/take out place called Corsettis in Portland. They serve Pizza, but I don't know how good it is, however I was really impressed with their Eggplant Parm/Spaghetti Dinner.
    http://business.mainetoday.com/shoptalk/020815germani.shtml
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/15 23:45:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wanderingjew

quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

Thanks,
    Tara[|)]

I can't help you with great pizza, however there is a variety/take out place called Corsettis in Portland. They serve Pizza, but I don't know how good it is, however I was really impressed with their Eggplant Parm/Spaghetti Dinner.
    http://business.mainetoday.com/shoptalk/020815germani.shtml

Someone did mention to me that they liked their pizza, as it is brick oven fired.. I have yet to get down there...I think there is one in Falmouth on US 1 near the Bucknam exit..
    Thanks!...
    ANd TOP< But I know what you mean.. all the Greeks have the pizza joints and they should stick to gyros!--Seems to be a mostly northern thing with that.. I lived in Florida for most of my life and Pizza joints were mostly Italian....But when I lived in Massachusetts.. It was just like TOP mentioned!! just look for the "_____"House of Pizza and you would see a greek or brazilian family there...Sorry, but that just aint real pizza....
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/15 23:49:59 (permalink)
    Oh Hell... That isnt the place.. its rosettis or something like that..
    BUT!!!---My real estate agent told me about corsettis...I figured it out after I clicked the link that you put in your post.. and knew immediatly where it was....

I know exactly where it is, as he pointed it out to me and told me the pizza was kick-a--...along with everything else...

Oops.. sorry about that.. but someone did mention that rosettis or whatever.. HA HA... Sorry....
    FrankBooth
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/16 01:15:46 (permalink)
    i think the place you are talking about is ricetta's- http://www.ricettas.com/
    i haven't tried it yet, but i grew up in new haven eating at sally's and now live in brooklyn eating difara's, so when we go to maine to see the family we eat lobsters, not pizza. i tried to get to ricettas this summer but no go- too busy eating shrimp samiches at the sea basket and lobster rolls at red's (this is a full time job eating these things i assure you).
    this past summer someone saved me an article from a maine publication (magazine) with the top 10 pizza places in maine. ricetta's was #1, and beyond that all the descriptions were merely confirming that you could actually GET pizza at these places- none said "this is delicious pizza that you must try" or anything like that, only things like "you can get pizzas, gas, and some movies here" or "also try the lobstahs".
    there is a decent pizza place across from Bath Iron Works called "the Cabin" i think that has been there forever and is a good standby, and Sara's Cafe (directly across the street from red's eats in wiscasset) has a thick crust, deep dish type pizza which is at least fresh and the bread (it's not really crust) which it is on is fresh and tasty, as well as a creation called a matey- kind of like a calzone with different fillings. a pepperoni matey will do the trick on a cold maine night, but a new haven calzone it ain't.
    but i solemnly promise to go to ricetta's in december when we're back up in ME and report on the pies. off course, new haven is less than 4 hours from portland- sally's opens at 5:10, leave at noon from portland and be first on the line, now that's a plan... enjoy frank booth
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/16 07:05:30 (permalink)
    I get up to Portland quite often, pizza is a convience food for me usually. One evening my partner and I were dining at a place called Esposito's over by the airport the Italian food was very good but where I was seated I could see the hostest station and the number of people comming in for take out pizza was incredible. There is a second location on Forrest ave. or in that general area I belive check the phone book to be sure. If you do go to Espo's try the meatballs there huge and very tasty. I eat in the North End in Boston about 2 to 3 times a week and Esposito's is on par with your typical old red sauce restarunt. Also in the Portland area don't get fooled by one of those so called Italian subs or grinders or what ever they are called nothing like an Italian sub from the Boston or NY or Phily area. Chow Jim
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/24 21:43:07 (permalink)
    Thanks,
    I have heard of Espo's also... and of course ricettis...
    I will report back afterwards...
    Tara
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/24 21:46:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimeats

I get up to Portland quite often, pizza is a convience food for me usually. One evening my partner and I were dining at a place called Esposito's over by the airport the Italian food was very good but where I was seated I could see the hostest station and the number of people comming in for take out pizza was incredible. There is a second location on Forrest ave. or in that general area I belive check the phone book to be sure. If you do go to Espo's try the meatballs there huge and very tasty. I eat in the North End in Boston about 2 to 3 times a week and Esposito's is on par with your typical old red sauce restarunt. Also in the Portland area don't get fooled by one of those so called Italian subs or grinders or what ever they are called nothing like an Italian sub from the Boston or NY or Phily area. Chow Jim

Nope.. wont get fooled bythem.. most of them are greek owned and they dont know what a pizza pie is...
    I am into thin crust, but will try a new place for both if they offer it..
    Thanks for the tip on the 'balls.... I probably will get pie there and a dinner to go, since I am in Freeport, not that far, but 15 miles.....and a dinner is easier to heat the next day than pizza.. gotta have the 'pie fresh...
    Thanks again to all that replied..
    Now a lovely bottle of chianti to go with it.... yum!
    Tara
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/24 21:52:33 (permalink)
    Actually, it;s corsettis... not ricettas.. corsettis is on brighton ave, I think....or close by there, but I have heard of ricettas...
    Tara
    Mark in VT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/24 21:56:35 (permalink)
    I really like Angeloni's in Portland. Nice thin crust !!
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2005/10/28 22:32:46 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mark in VT

I really like Angeloni's in Portland. Nice thin crust !!

Thanks, another one for my list......love the thin crust!
    Tara
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2006/01/21 18:44:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimeats

Hah Hah!
    I found it!..
    Took me some digging, but bless the Roadfood archives!
    Still wondering where the last post is though..
    LOL
    Now. back to Corsetti's...
    And is Espo's the Esposito's you refer to?
    I am vague on that...
    The phone book showed a Corsettis in 3 locations... Apparently, the Brighton ave one has closed. Got info from some locals where I work, that the one on 302 is where I want to go..
    Now.... I feel much better about being a blonde and losing my post's.
    Tee Hee
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2006/01/22 06:59:26 (permalink)
    Thats it Espos huge Meatballs dinneris great there did'nt try pizza though but as I was sitting in the dinning room could see front of the house and they appeared to do a large take out business in pizza. Somebody a couple of tables over from us had one and it looked damn decient to me. Chow Jim
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Pizza In Maine 2006/01/22 19:12:58 (permalink)
    Ok... Huge meatballs and 'za at Espo's....
    I may have an offer on my house Monday, so I had best hurry and eat eat eat....
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1