The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza

ellas

• Total Posts: 2
Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Fri, 03/18/05 1:03 AM (permalink)
I have been experimenting with the local mom and pop shops around university city with no luck, Powelton, Teds, Eds, Village, California Pizza, oh and papa johns. I usually ordered from Powelton, because it "was the best around." But the other day a friend suggested Accu pizza which was in a area I didnt really know(4802 Spruce), not a native Philadelphian. Let me tell you, I am never ordering from anywhere else. I had the BB-Q chicken pizza with smoked gouda cheese, it was great, I think it was like 15 bucks but if you every tried the bb-q chicken at powelton you would pay 20 dollars more. I searched online and they have a website if anyone is interested [url][/url]www.accupizza.com, that offers a special if you mention you saw their ad online. Has anyone else in the Penn/Drexel area ever tried Accu pizza or anyone of the others I mentioned?

ellas

RE: Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Fri, 03/18/05 1:05 AM (permalink)
    [url][/url]www.accupizza.com sorry

spaniel

• Total Posts: 99
      RE: Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Sun, 03/20/05 7:22 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for posting, this sounds really good. Not in Philly right now, but I'm originally from the area and go back there now and then. Thinking about it makes me want a big soft pretzel so badly!

I'm amused though that they have "Fingers" and "Bean Custard Pie" on their menu.

radder

• Total Posts: 4
        RE: Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Mon, 05/9/05 7:18 PM (permalink)
        found this thread by searching google for "university city pizza" - excellent. Hopefully in about an hour I'll post to say that I, too, think they have the much sought-after great pizza in University City. They've been at it for like 30 years so hopefully that says something right there.

radder

• Total Posts: 4
          RE: Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Mon, 05/9/05 7:50 PM (permalink)
          just finished half of a medium pepperoni ($8.99) and it was indeed yummy. I'll have to refresh my memory about pizza in the area but it's definitely better than good. The last slice I had around here was from Allegro (40th & Spruce) and I thought it was overpriced and nasty (too thin, greasy and limp). I live 2 blocks from Accu pizza so I'll probably make them my go-to spot as well. Cheers, Ellas.

mike333

RE: Pizza in University City, Philadelphia--ACCU pizza Mon, 09/19/05 7:09 PM (permalink)
            I work at a Hospital and I am a creature of routine so I usually order a Turkey Hoagie with everything and extra pickles and a side of chips From Ted's pizza or Powelton. Well last week we went to order from Teds and it was closed due to a family event and powelton was closed. So someone suggested Accu. The Nurses ordered a pizza. I ordered the usual and it was not my usual, it was great( I think it was to to the different brand of lunch-meat)and it was loaded with meat, the fixings were almost following out. I ate the half and saved the rest so I could try a slice of the pizza. It was the best slice from a local pizza shop. I think it was the same pizza that ellas described with the smoked gouda and bb-q chicken. They also gave us a discount for placing a large order. Being that I live in Powelton Village and they deliver to my area and really not having(wanting) enough time to cook(LOL) excuses, I have ordered 3 times in one week. Anyhow I just thought i share my new find(addiction).
            Sincerely,
            Michael

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com