Places to eat in the Indio, California area

Author
rghormley
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2007/05/18 00:27:34 (permalink)

Places to eat in the Indio, California area

Any Roadfood places around Indio and Blythe, California?

2 Replies Related Threads

rongmtek
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Places to eat in the Indio, California area 2007/05/19 23:00:37 (permalink)
    A very unique Roadfood treat can be found in California's Inland Empire: the date shake. This is the biggest date-growing area in the US; I've never seen a date shake anywhere else. Cool, rich and very refreshing; my favorite was always at a place called Hadley's, in Cabazon (about 40 miles from Indio).
    Indio is home to Shield's Date Gardens. Many types of dates and other fresh, wholesome foods can be found there, too.
    But a date shake is definitely a must.
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5120
    RE: Places to eat in the Indio, California area 2007/05/20 00:09:28 (permalink)
    I used to travel that area on business back in the mid sixties. If it's still there, look up "Norma Jeans Date Shakes".
    If they are still in business, make it your business to go there for the most refreshing (date) shake you will ever have.
    Forty years later, I can still remember them. They were especially good and refreshing because my car did not have A/C back then. Be sure to let us know what you find good to eat out there in the desert.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1