The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Please Help on Candy Bar Name

Spackle

• Total Posts: 3
Please Help on Candy Bar Name Sat, 09/24/05 4:01 AM (permalink)
*OK, this is one that has been driving me mad for years, but I've been trying to remember the name of this candy bar that I grew up with, and I will try to give you as much information as I can remember.

I grew up in rural MA, and in the mid to late '70's, I had a candy bar that I would buy eveytime I went to the local Pharmacy. The bar itself slightly longer than the other bars, but also slightly narrower. The texture of the chocolate was a denser version of the Aero bar, and the bar was sectioned off into 6 or 8 pieces (not sure which) kind of the way a Caramello is, except that the sections had sharper edges. The only other defining feature was that the top of each section had an imprint, that was reminiscient of a "sectioned orange" or half of an orange cross-section, although there was nothing "orangey" about the chocolate. (I guess it might have been a characterization of a setting sun, but I remember never being able to equate the symbol with the name of the candy bar.)

If you can help out with this conundrum I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
    RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name Tue, 09/27/05 12:51 AM (permalink)
    Was it the seven-up bar?

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name Tue, 09/27/05 1:24 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Spackle

*OK, this is one that has been driving me mad for years, but I've been trying to remember the name of this candy bar that I grew up with, and I will try to give you as much information as I can remember.

I grew up in rural MA, and in the mid to late '70's, I had a candy bar that I would buy eveytime I went to the local Pharmacy. The bar itself slightly longer than the other bars, but also slightly narrower. The texture of the chocolate was a denser version of the Aero bar, and the bar was sectioned off into 6 or 8 pieces (not sure which) kind of the way a Caramello is, except that the sections had sharper edges. The only other defining feature was that the top of each section had an imprint, that was reminiscient of a "sectioned orange" or half of an orange cross-section, although there was nothing "orangey" about the chocolate. (I guess it might have been a characterization of a setting sun, but I remember never being able to equate the symbol with the name of the candy bar.)

If you can help out with this conundrum I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

Wow... FLASHBACK... But I dont remember the name either.. We had them here in Michigan also (or it may have been in Indiana when I went down there for the summers).. Research time here... I'll try my best to find you (and me) the answer...

I started to investigate this candy you mention.. Are your parents of European descent? I'm starting to think this is a ethnic snack I used to have as a kid.. (Parents and relatives are from Lativa, Russia and England)...

SherriKatt

• Total Posts: 9
        RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name Sun, 12/10/06 2:24 AM (permalink)
        Hey spackle,
        I grew up in the merrimack valley area and I'm pretty sure youre thinking of a "SkyBar" since you mentioned that there were ridges at each section. Necco use to make them I'm not sure who makes them now but you can still get them. A 7Up bar is much different (My favorite!)no
        ridges kinda large and square it had seven sections not long like a Skybar. I sure wish they still made 7Up bars! I hope this helps you out. Google Skybar and you'll find lots of places to buy them. I know I've seen them in lil Peach and 7Eleven stores.
        Sandi

SherriKatt

• Total Posts: 9
          RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name Sun, 12/10/06 2:30 AM (permalink)
          I'm just thinking again maybe you meant a "Chocolite Bar" it had sections no fillings but air bubbles is that it?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com