Please Help on Candy Bar Name

Author
Spackle
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/09/24 04:01:00 (permalink)

Please Help on Candy Bar Name

*OK, this is one that has been driving me mad for years, but I've been trying to remember the name of this candy bar that I grew up with, and I will try to give you as much information as I can remember.

I grew up in rural MA, and in the mid to late '70's, I had a candy bar that I would buy eveytime I went to the local Pharmacy. The bar itself slightly longer than the other bars, but also slightly narrower. The texture of the chocolate was a denser version of the Aero bar, and the bar was sectioned off into 6 or 8 pieces (not sure which) kind of the way a Caramello is, except that the sections had sharper edges. The only other defining feature was that the top of each section had an imprint, that was reminiscient of a "sectioned orange" or half of an orange cross-section, although there was nothing "orangey" about the chocolate. (I guess it might have been a characterization of a setting sun, but I remember never being able to equate the symbol with the name of the candy bar.)

If you can help out with this conundrum I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

4 Replies Related Threads

mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name 2005/09/27 00:51:36 (permalink)
    Was it the seven-up bar?
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name 2005/09/27 01:24:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Spackle

*OK, this is one that has been driving me mad for years, but I've been trying to remember the name of this candy bar that I grew up with, and I will try to give you as much information as I can remember.

I grew up in rural MA, and in the mid to late '70's, I had a candy bar that I would buy eveytime I went to the local Pharmacy. The bar itself slightly longer than the other bars, but also slightly narrower. The texture of the chocolate was a denser version of the Aero bar, and the bar was sectioned off into 6 or 8 pieces (not sure which) kind of the way a Caramello is, except that the sections had sharper edges. The only other defining feature was that the top of each section had an imprint, that was reminiscient of a "sectioned orange" or half of an orange cross-section, although there was nothing "orangey" about the chocolate. (I guess it might have been a characterization of a setting sun, but I remember never being able to equate the symbol with the name of the candy bar.)

If you can help out with this conundrum I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

Wow... FLASHBACK... But I dont remember the name either.. We had them here in Michigan also (or it may have been in Indiana when I went down there for the summers).. Research time here... I'll try my best to find you (and me) the answer...

I started to investigate this candy you mention.. Are your parents of European descent? I'm starting to think this is a ethnic snack I used to have as a kid.. (Parents and relatives are from Lativa, Russia and England)...
    SherriKatt
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name 2006/12/10 02:24:28 (permalink)
    Hey spackle,
    I grew up in the merrimack valley area and I'm pretty sure youre thinking of a "SkyBar" since you mentioned that there were ridges at each section. Necco use to make them I'm not sure who makes them now but you can still get them. A 7Up bar is much different (My favorite!)no
    ridges kinda large and square it had seven sections not long like a Skybar. I sure wish they still made 7Up bars! I hope this helps you out. Google Skybar and you'll find lots of places to buy them. I know I've seen them in lil Peach and 7Eleven stores.
    Sandi
    SherriKatt
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Please Help on Candy Bar Name 2006/12/10 02:30:01 (permalink)
    I'm just thinking again maybe you meant a "Chocolite Bar" it had sections no fillings but air bubbles is that it?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1