Please help!!

Author
angelleah81
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/08/28 01:54:18 (permalink)

Please help!!

I sure hope you can answer this question. Someone told me that if I buy yogurt instead of ice cream it would really help with not gaining weight. I'm trying to lose a little or at least maintain my weight. Anyways, does yogurt have the fake sugars in them? I normally dont like the taste....although I havent tried splenda yet. What is difference between yogurt and icecream? I went to Food City tonight and didnt see a single yogurt in the ice cream freezer. Will it say yogurt on the box? Do you have to buy this somewhere special? Please help! Thank you so much
GOd Bless
Leah

8 Replies Related Threads

Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 10:46:58 (permalink)
    The difference between Ice cream and yougurt is like a Cadilac to a scooter. Chow Jim
    Diner-Lover
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 246
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 11:07:21 (permalink)
    I don't understand why your store doesn't carry frozen yogurt-- I thought most grocery stores did. It should say "yogurt" on the carton. I think that some frozen yogurts say they have live cultures in them-- not sure, and the taste is a little more tangy, IMHO. (I like to serve my home-made Tollhouse Pie with vanilla frozen yogurt because it's a nice contrast to the rich sweetness of the pie.) I can't answer your question of which is less fattening. I would just suggest that you read the labels on both frozen yogurt and ice cream. There are plenty of low-fat and sugar-free frozen desserts out there, but you have to compare calories and amount of fat in each serving. And don't forget to see what size they consider a serving. It's usually 1/2 cup.

Some dieticians say to get a premium ice cream, but just have a few bites, that it's more satisfying than the low-fat or sugar-free ice creams/yogurts. But how many of us can stop after a few bites?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18944
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 13:14:51 (permalink)
    This may be a silly question, but why not just stop eating ice cream?
    hefried
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 13:31:18 (permalink)
    there are also "light" ice creams and sorbets that are quite good and lower in fats. even some of that "soy" cream is yummy. NON FAT ice cream happens to taste like cold whipped styrofoam so don't bother with that. NATURAL food stores are more likely to sell lowfat/( or not) frozen/ (or not) yougurts with out the artificial sweetners in them . i agree, those ARE YUCKY
    you might try to ASK the grocery store manager where the frozen yougurt is.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3174
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 13:53:05 (permalink)
    You might also want to check out the carbs. As a diabetic I can promise you it's just as important as grams of sugar. Totally ignore any claims as to "total net carbs" which subtract sugar alcohols from the carb count. While it may be metabolised somewhat slower, it still will be metabolised and turned into sugar causing the same weight gain. Think of it as eating an entire stick of melted butter over your popcorn as opposed to having a pat but having it every hour; in the long run it's the same amount of butter. If you like Ben & Jerry's, have it, but in a smaller amount or go for a jog after eating it. Hopes this clears things up some.
    angelleah81
    Junior Burger
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/28 23:59:55 (permalink)
    Thank you all so much! I didnt even think of the natural food store. Great info. God Bless you all! =D
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: Please help!! 2005/08/29 17:08:26 (permalink)
    Häagen-Dazs sells frozen yogurt in pint containers, which you can find in most grocery stores.

http://www.haagendazs.com/segfyd.do?productId=217

Ben & Jerry’s sells frozen yogurt as well. Years ago I used to love Ben & Jerry’s frozen yogurt - Cherry Garcia, Apple Pie, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, etc. I was one of their best customers. But they changed the recipe and now I won’t eat Ben & Jerry’s yogurt. Haagen-Dazs is much better.
    angelleah81
    Junior Burger
    RE: Please help!! 2005/09/03 15:52:25 (permalink)
    Thanks for the link! Maybe I can use sorbet. It doesnt seem to have much in it. Thanks!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1