The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Please help me find a place that ships

BhamBabe

• Total Posts: 879
Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 1:38 PM (permalink)
Need a place that sends nation wide.

Yeah I know it's not gonna be the same as fresh off the pit but I have a special request.

I'm in Alabama, the person getting this is in California. I had called a place out there but they were rude and ugly and lost out on my money.

I am looking for a place that would also send sides as well if at all possible. Esp turnip greens!

Looking to send this out by Monday morning so if y'all know of anyplace that would like to help a poor displaced southern boy enjoy some que please let me know.

The person in question is on a national tv show so there might, just might, be some advertising involved in this if he can manage it. I can't promise but I can bet he'll mention it to at least our local newspaper. I'll make sure he knows to try.

I'm getting desperate lol

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 1:44 PM (permalink)
    Porkys in Memphis ships nationwidwe. But I wasn't sure from your post if you wanted BBQ from just anywhere or from Al.

MikeS.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3591
      RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 1:47 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by BhamBabe

Need a place that sends nation wide.

Yeah I know it's not gonna be the same as fresh off the pit but I have a special request.

I'm in Alabama, the person getting this is in California. I had called a place out there but they were rude and ugly and lost out on my money.

I am looking for a place that would also send sides as well if at all possible. Esp turnip greens!

Looking to send this out by Monday morning so if y'all know of anyplace that would like to help a poor displaced southern boy enjoy some que please let me know.

The person in question is on a national tv show so there might, just might, be some advertising involved in this if he can manage it. I can't promise but I can bet he'll mention it to at least our local newspaper. I'll make sure he knows to try.

I'm getting desperate lol

What area are you looking in? We do have some decent BBQ places....
      You might try Lucille's or Johnny Reb's----both are decent and might even deliver. both have good fried green tomatoes and greens too.

www.johnnyrebs.com

www.lucillesbbq.com

BhamBabe

RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 1:51 PM (permalink)
        Anywhere that will ship and you can recommend is good. I trust y'all not to send me someplace you wouldn't eat at.

Thanks! Gonna go have a look see.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3591
          RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 2:21 PM (permalink)
          quote:

Anywhere that will ship and you can recommend is good. I trust y'all not to send me someplace you wouldn't eat at.

I've found these places to be on a par with Woody's Barbecue in Daphne, AL----hope that helps!

mountain_charlie

• Total Posts: 27
            RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 4:50 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by EdSails

quote:

I've found these places to be on a par with Woody's Barbecue in Daphne, AL----hope that helps!

Mickelbobs,I might be spelling it wrong, in Naples Fla.does a huge shipping bbq ribs biz.

I've had them they're really good I thought.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
              RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 5:04 PM (permalink)
              Dreamland in Tuscalusa (the gold standard for me) ships. Go to dreamlandbbq.com

BhamBabe

RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 5:09 PM (permalink)
                Thanks guys! I knew y'all would help! Lucille's, Johnny Reb's do not deliver or ship. Porky's lowest amount of food for delivery was way more than I needed. Though I have to say, the nicest folks ever! Great customer service, even with a strange request :-) The young man at Johnny Reb's in Orange, CA does his boss proud! I'd give em a go just for that!

I found my place here in my neck of the woods. Green Top Cafe BBQ in Dora, Alabama is going to help me. He's not only going to donate the food, he's getting his grandmother to cook some turnip greens! What a guy! And to think, I only called to see if they could do an order for a family function lol

Thank all of y'all for the help! This is why I've always enjoyed lurking, and now posting, here, everyone is so willing to share and help.

BhamBabe

RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 5:11 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by mbrookes

Dreamland in Tuscalusa (the gold standard for me) ships. Go to dreamlandbbq.com

I did call them but was put on hold then hung up on. It's usually not like that and I was surprised. I was pressed for time or I'd have called back. My problem was solved while handling personal business though so it's all good :-)

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                    RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 04/26/06 7:11 PM (permalink)
                    This is who you want. I have used their services. They won't dissapoint. Professionally packed and delicious.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/default.asp?sid=GOOGLE&EID=GL3000062

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                      RE: Please help me find a place that ships Thu, 04/27/06 7:19 AM (permalink)
                      Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro, KY (where we had the meet and eat earlier this year) will also ship. Check their website.

Milt

• Total Posts: 354
                        RE: Please help me find a place that ships Sat, 04/29/06 9:56 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by bill voss

This is who you want. I have used their services. They won't dissapoint. Professionally packed and delicious.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/default.asp?sid=GOOGLE&EID=GL3000062

I, too, was going to suggest Fiorella's Jack Stack. Glad you found what you need, but here is a great backup source for bbq.

BhamBabe

RE: Please help me find a place that ships Sun, 04/30/06 10:35 PM (permalink)
                          I have all of these saved! Thanks y'all!

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                            RE: Please help me find a place that ships Tue, 05/2/06 4:38 PM (permalink)
                            Corky's and Maurice's both ship...go w/ Corky's unless your buddy knows mustard based Q.

http://www.corkysbbq.com/

http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Unfortunately Stamey's, BBQ Center and Lexington #1 don't ship.

Kiowa1

• Total Posts: 189
                              RE: Please help me find a place that ships Tue, 05/2/06 5:52 PM (permalink)
                              Baker's Ribs in Dallas, Texas... simply the best ribs, brisket, hot links, etc... and they deliver nationwide...

ai4gf

• Total Posts: 28
                                RE: Please help me find a place that ships Wed, 12/30/09 9:23 AM (permalink)
                                I've ordered from Black's BBQ in Lockhart, TX.  Good brisket, but the sausages were the best!

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3706
                                  RE: Please help me find a place that ships Sat, 01/2/10 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                  V960

Corky's and Maurice's both ship...go w/ Corky's unless your buddy knows mustard based Q.

http://www.corkysbbq.com/

http://www.mauricesbbq.com/

Unfortunately Stamey's, BBQ Center and Lexington #1 don't ship.

I'm going to second the Corky's idea.  Their sides are as good as their 'Q and the Memphis style has all the meats and probably appeals to the widest range of taste of all styles.  The chain Red, Hot, & Blue credits Corky's as having designed their menu and I've enjoyed their locations in Virginia and Texas. 

In my ideal world I wish Wilber would ship.  His sauce-maker does:  www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com .

Barbarainnc

• Total Posts: 92
                                    RE: Please help me find a place that ships Sun, 01/17/10 5:07 PM (permalink)
                                    Old post from 4/ 2006   but Google Smithfield  BBQ, they have an online service!!!

schevel

• Total Posts: 2
                                      Re:Please help me find a place that ships Sun, 01/17/10 5:28 PM (permalink)
                                      try q2u .com out of lake wylie s.c. I know they have shipped to cal. before, but they won't be open till wednesday this week.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com