Plumbing question ?

Author
Freezers-full-in-Alaska
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 132
2011/10/07 17:03:47 (permalink)

Plumbing question ?

One question before I have to call a plumber and pay several $$$ because the nearest one lives 1 1/2 hours away. For the 3 compartment sink and hand wash sink I'm filling out paper work they are asking for Sewage Disposal and asking if it is air gap,Air Break or Direct Connect. I'm guessing Air Gap as all 4 sinks are connected togather then dump into my gray water tank which has a vented double check valve on the tank. Also for the water supply I'm totaly lost with what to put down  They are asking for one of the following AVB,PVB,RPZ,HB,VDC.

Thanks in advance for saving me or should I say my wife :) some money

6 Replies Related Threads

chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1983
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/07 18:58:26 (permalink)
    If all sinks are plumbed straight to the waste tank, it is direct connect.
    Are you not required to have an air gap between the sinks and tank?
    What question are they asking about the water supply?
    Freezers-full-in-Alaska
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/07 19:20:30 (permalink)
    chefbuba

Are you not required to have an air gap between the sinks and tank?
    What question are they asking about the water supply?

Never got a straight answer so I just did (DIRECT) Thank you for that answer. If it is wrong no problem changing it over. As far as the water they want to know if there is a Atomospheric Vacuum Breaker and /or air gaped drain on the supply line.

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2064
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/07 22:54:14 (permalink)
    You must be fill out a 'preliminary' review questionnaire.   This will let the HD and building Insp know if you understand the Codes or not. It will also show the Insp where they need to look first.
    These deal with the incoming water supply:
    AVB=Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker
    PVB=Pressure Vacuum Breaker
    VDC=Vented Double Check Valve
    HB=Hose Bib Vacuum Breaker

What kind of back flow prevention is required on your incoming water line?   I assume you are filling a tank from a hose bib.
    Freezers-full-in-Alaska
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/07 23:06:42 (permalink)
    edwmax

You must be fill out a 'preliminary' review questionnaire.   This will let the HD and building Insp know if you understand the Codes or not. It will also show the Insp where they need to look first.
    These deal with the incoming water supply:
    AVB=Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker
    PVB=Pressure Vacuum Breaker
    VDC=Vented Double Check Valve
    HB=Hose Bib Vacuum Breaker

What kind of back flow prevention is required on your incoming water line?   I assume you are filling a tank from a hose bib.

Yes you are right,I will be filling from a hose bib. I moved the intake to inside the trailer so I do not have to worry about anybody bothering the water system around here. People (CRACK HEADS or LOCALS) do not like what you are doing the try everything in their power to stop it. I know I run 3 tour business up here and it happens every year. Anyway The Potable water tank is drained outside I have a cuttoff valve (Inside) The tank has a Burp hole at the inlet .If that helps ?
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/08 08:25:58 (permalink)
    yes but what I think they want to know is ...you say your going to fill from a hose bib conn. what kind of back flo prevention system is there on that conn. it can be something as simple as a back flo preventer on that conn or a reduced pressure zone devise (R.P.Z.) at the main line .. this is to stop your water from getting back into the main system should any of those (crack heads) or anything else contaminate your water (tank)
    on edit just to clarify if your filling from a hose bib they will want the back flo at that conn. where your hose connects to the water supply.
    post edited by Buck & Vi's - 2011/10/08 08:28:19
    Freezers-full-in-Alaska
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Plumbing question ? 2011/10/08 13:24:52 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the help got it figured out I think, Someone sent me a link to a very very help full page and every abbreviation and what they are used for . I can not post the link on here but if anybody needs it PM me and I can sent it that way. Thanks Again for all the help
    Roger
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1