The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Plus-size resort - now I've seen everything!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
meowzart

• Total Posts: 773
RE: Plus-size resort - now I've seen everything! Fri, 12/5/03 12:00 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

Meowzart, being skinny is just a fad. The women Bottocelli painted during the Renaissance were naked, full bodied and considered to be VERY sexy and very beautiful. Being skinny and anorexic was OUT.

I hear ya, lleechef. I bought a postcard of Vecellio's Venus d'Urbino when I was in Firenze. I have it hanging in my cube to remind myself that women my shape were once considered the hotties of the world. And we shall rule again one day if I have anything to say about it!

rumbelly

• Total Posts: 235
    RE: Plus-size resort - now I've seen everything! Fri, 12/5/03 1:56 PM (permalink)
    A wise man in Jamaica once said "Me no like ridin in a volkswagon mon, me like dem cadillac wit a big seat and ting"

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
      RE: Plus-size resort - now I've seen everything! Fri, 12/5/03 9:37 PM (permalink)
      I like my women big and fat
      Now some fellas don't like to see 'em like that
      but I like to see 'em big and tall
      'Cause the bigger they come, the harder they fall!

- "It Ain't the Meat it's the Motion"

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
        RE: Plus-size resort - now I've seen everything! Sat, 12/6/03 7:42 PM (permalink)
        Three quick things: I didn't subscribe to the online Austin newspaper in order to read the original article, so I found the actual site for the plus-sized resort http://www.freedomparadise.com. I guess more will be made known about it, review-wise, when it actually opens next year. I didn't know it was in Cancun. Second thing is, clothier as usual hit it on the head (so many people in this forum say it the way I wish I could!). It's how you look at yourself. Before I started Weight Watchers, I didn't have any criticism from anybody regarding my weight, but I just didn't feel right, health-wise and emotionally, that weight. And people don't know how to react once you start losing - the things they say. Now I'm at the point where people at work are saying things like, "Don't lose any more, you'll disappear, you're getting too skinny, blah blah blah". Which is SO not true. I didn't lose this weight for them or anyone else but me. As for my man, he loved me then, he loves me now, doesn't matter what weight (and he's 6'4" and roughly 280). I just feel better, that's all. And trust me, I'm not overly strict with Weight Watchers (otherwise I wouldn't come on here at all or I'd be saying things like, "Well, isn't that fattening?"). And I would never and could never...as for the Shayna in Shayna's Mom, she was an emotional mess, and losing the weight (49 lbs. now for her) WITH me has been an amazing thing so far!

Oh, and the third thing? Saw the pic of CW and JD and *sigh* you guys make a beautiful couple! I wish you both the best - Gey gezunterheyt!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com