6star
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4388
2011/01/22 12:58:34 (permalink)

15 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10326
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 14:55:44 (permalink)
    Sorry 6 Star, but frozen, compressed chicken parts and Eggo Waffles do not qualify as REAL Chicken and Waffles any more than a Tombstone Frozen Pizza is a REAL Pizza!
    Convenient yes---The Real Deal, NO!
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 16:45:06 (permalink)
    Foodbme:
    When I came across the posting of this "recipe" on this "Dude Foods" blog, I couldn't resist referencing it on Roadfood as a humorous piece (or a recipe for very lazy people), knowing that it would get a reaction here.  In fact, the whole idea of "Dude Foods" conjures up in me a mental picture of some hungry college kid who wants to toss together something after a night of heavy drinking.

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 17:42:37 (permalink)
    "Nick" the author of the article is an idiot or pulling legs. below is his review on Buffet City...cant wait to eat there!
    http://dudefoods.com/buffet-city/
    And check out Nicks brilliant idea!

http://dudefoods.com/deli-tray-party-stackers/
    LOL
    post edited by chewingthefat - 2011/01/22 17:46:53
    boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1460
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 18:09:36 (permalink)
     Yeah, pretty bizarre. I'm sure that the author is either smoking too many left handed cigs, or is a very poor cook!!! 

JMHO

David O.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10326
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 18:27:53 (permalink)
    6star

Foodbme:
    When I came across the posting of this "recipe" on this "Dude Foods" blog, I couldn't resist referencing it on Roadfood as a humorous piece (or a recipe for very lazy people), knowing that it would get a reaction here.  In fact, the whole idea of "Dude Foods" conjures up in me a mental picture of some hungry college kid who wants to toss together something after a night of heavy drinking.

OK!Got It!  Having seen your other posts, just couldn't believe you bought into it. You Got Me!
    Could also be a Divorced Guy!

DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:18:22 (permalink)
    Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words, but I'm not a college kid, nor am I smoking any "left handed cigs" or divorced. I'm actually a 29 year old married guy who just enjoys writing about the funny food creations that I come up with.

Also, believe it or not I do know the difference between this sandwich and "REAL" chicken and waffles. The best chicken and waffles I've ever had were actally from Hash House a Go Go in vegas.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:24:40 (permalink)
    Welcome Nick!
    DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:26:00 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

"Nick" the author of the article is an idiot or pulling legs. below is his review on Buffet City...cant wait to eat there!

And check out Nicks brilliant idea!

LOL

How am I pulling legs? For a cheap Chinese buffet I love Buffet City. I used to eat there once a week on my lunch break.

I don't recall calling the deli stackers brilliant either. If you'd take a few minutes and read some of my other posts you'd see that most of them are pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Do I really eat all this food? Yes. Do I think I'm some amazing chef or anywhere even close? No way. I'm just a guy who likes coming up with funny food creations and blogging about them.

post edited by DudeFoods - 2011/01/22 20:47:54
    DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:26:59 (permalink)
    Thanks! This is actually a pretty cool website and forum. I'm glad I found it!
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8496
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:40:54 (permalink)
    I am enjoying your blog, Nick! I will certainly stay tuned... welcome to an awesome site.
    DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 20:48:49 (permalink)
    annpeeples

I am enjoying your blog, Nick! I will certainly stay tuned... welcome to an awesome site.

Thanks so much!
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/22 21:01:35 (permalink)
    Yes, welcome to Roadfood, Nick.  I found the picture of your Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles on My Food Looks Funny.com and then traced it to your website.  I wasn't trying to insult you, but anything that pops up on My Food Looks Funny I consider to be "off the wall".  Since chicken and waffles are discussed reasonably often here on Roadfood, I thought your version would get a reaction from some of the people here, which, of course it did.

By the way, was the Buffet City in Springfield, IL, the one you went to?  I went there some years ago and it was gigantic.  I am sure they were closed down at one time due to health department violations and another time for having illegals working there, if I remember correctly.
    DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/23 12:02:18 (permalink)
    6star

Yes, welcome to Roadfood, Nick.  I found the picture of your Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles on My Food Looks Funny.com and then traced it to your website.  I wasn't trying to insult you, but anything that pops up on My Food Looks Funny I consider to be "off the wall".  Since chicken and waffles are discussed reasonably often here on Roadfood, I thought your version would get a reaction from some of the people here, which, of course it did.

By the way, was the Buffet City in Springfield, IL, the one you went to?  I went there some years ago and it was gigantic.  I am sure they were closed down at one time due to health department violations and another time for having illegals working there, if I remember correctly.

Oh, I know you weren't trying to insult me and I'm glad you posted the link because it looks like I'll be getting at least a few more regular readers now so I'm grateful.

The Buffet City I went to was in Milwaukee, but I think Chinese buffets and health code violations go pretty hand in hand, ha ha.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/23 12:05:13 (permalink)
    DudeFoods

I'm glad I found your site, got some laughs, like the meat cookies article, funny stuff. The Buffet City made me laugh as you led of with the numerous Health violations, but the Sushi wasn't frozen, maybe not, but I'll bet the fish, like the out of date milk they were serving, was boderline as best.
    The article on the restaurant that you reviewd, that didnt have the first 3 things you ordered also was funny, glad the had good Mac and Cheese for you! 
    Welcome DudeFoods! 

post edited by chewingthefat - 2011/01/23 12:09:06
    DudeFoods
    Junior Burger
    Re:Poor Man's Chicken and Waffles 2011/01/24 10:20:42 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

DudeFoods

I'm glad I found your site, got some laughs, like the meat cookies article, funny stuff. The Buffet City made me laugh as you led of with the numerous Health violations, but the Sushi wasn't frozen, maybe not, but I'll bet the fish, like the out of date milk they were serving, was boderline as best.
    The article on the restaurant that you reviewd, that didnt have the first 3 things you ordered also was funny, glad the had good Mac and Cheese for you! 
    Welcome DudeFoods! 

It's funny that you mention that because another health code violation they had actually prevented them from serving sushi for a while.

If you liked the meat cookie article then you should check out the five pound meatball snowman story that I just posted today!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1