Pork Roast Recipe.. YUMMY........

Author
jerseygirl127
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 454
2005/01/16 08:09:12 (permalink)

Pork Roast Recipe.. YUMMY........

ok.... got another one for you (check out peanut butter cake recipe under desserts..)
this one is a cranberry glazed pork roast recipe.. i got this a long time ago from a magazine and tried it once.. it soon became a traditional christmas dinner at my house... it's easy and tastes YUMMY..
here it is...

cranberry glazed pork roast
(i double the sauce for a 4 pound pork roast)

4 lb boneless pork loin roast
2 teaspoons corn starch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 table spoons orange juice
2 table spoons dry sherry
1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce

preheat oven to 325

in a small saucepan, stir together all ingredients except pork.
cook. stirring over medium heat until thickened. set aside...

place roast in shallow baking dish/pan.
roast at 325 for about 45 minutes
spoon 1/2 glaze over roast and continue roasting for 30-45 minutes more, until internal temperature is 155-160.

let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving with remaining sauce.

3 Replies Related Threads

MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5422
    RE: Pork Roast Recipe.. YUMMY........ 2005/01/17 04:53:23 (permalink)
    Let me add my Roast Pork receipe.

Marinade a pork loin roast in Yoshida's Gourmet sauce overnite, for 12 - 24 hours. Or Yoshida's teriyaki sauce. Costco is a great source for this marinade.

Put roast on a rack and cook at 325 until internal temp hits 155

Take the left over marinade and bring to a boil, then reduce in half. Serve as a dipping sauce for the roast.

markeble
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 23
    RE: Pork Roast Recipe.. YUMMY........ 2005/01/19 16:00:28 (permalink)
    Whatever recipe you choose you will do well to avoid overcooking. Modern mass produced pork is so lean that it dries out very easily. Despite what all the worry warts say you don't need to cook pork to a temperature higher than 140. (everything nasty dies at 127 anyway)try it and you'll see. remember that the internal temp will rise 5-10 degrees AFTER you take it out of the oven.
    mseber
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Pork Roast Recipe.. YUMMY........ 2005/02/08 03:16:10 (permalink)
    Here is my pork loin recipe and it turns out great in spite of the somewhat strange instructions. I adapted this technique from on of Emeril's rib recipes.

Roll a boneless pork loin in your favorite seasoning. I use Garlic and Herb. It's light and flavorful without overpowering the meat.

Make a note of the of the weight of the roast so you can correctly calculate cooking time.

Wrap the roast in two layers of Reynolds Plastic wrap. I don't know if this works with any other brand but it is what I use.

Wrap the roast a third time in tin foil and crimp/seal edges.

Bake for the recommended time and temperature and don't overcook!

When the roast is cool enough to pick up and handle, hold the roast over a large measuring cup set in the sink and snip a hole or two in the plastic wrap to drain out the juices. Turn the roast around to the other end and repeat the draining process.

Cut away the plastic wrap, slice thinly and serve.

If you want to make a gravy, make a medium white sauce and add some of the drained broth to season it.

The plastic wrap does not turn into a melted molten mess sitting on top of the roast. Remember this stuff can be used in a microwave!

The loin turns out tender and juicy and is great sliced or in sandwiches.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1