The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Post your bugs and issues here...

Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 > | Showing page 14 of 18, messages 391 to 420 of 540
Ralph Melton

Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Mon, 05/30/11 10:43 AM (permalink)
khazar

Hi,
Safari and Firefox on Mac won't download working pdfs for RoadFoodOffline.

When I go to the RoadfoodOffline page ( and click on the map the browser goes to "http://www.roadfood.com/Insider/RoadfoodOffline/RoadfoodOffline.aspx?Locale=RegionWestern" waits for a second then a dialog pops up "Opening ReadfoodOffline.aspx" and offers me the choice of downloading the .aspx file.  I download it, but it's obviously not a pdf file and I can't read it. 
Date of Occurance: 5/28/11, 10am PST and 5/26/11, 9pm PST
Browser: Firefox 4.0.1 and Safari 5.0.5 (tried both)
O.S: Mac OSX 10.6.7

All said and done, I can (and did) get a pdf, but only with Google Chrome browser.  

BTW, it's a great download, with over 130 pages of info, but I thought you should know about the giant segment of users who won't be able to get your download.

James Khazar

When I tried this just now, it opened up "RoadfoodOffline.aspx.pdf"; the name could perhaps be improved, but I did get a pdf with Safari 5.0.5 on MacOSX 10.6.7.

nach0king

• Total Posts: 3
    Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Tue, 05/31/11 6:10 PM (permalink)
    1. I am unable to change my name (not username, real name) and location on the forum. Clicking the Save button doesn't do anything. Any idea?

2. To reproduce go into your profile, change your location/name, and click Save. If nothing happens, you have what I have.

3. Happened 5 minutes before this post.

4. Firefox 4.0.1 and Chrome 11.0.696.71 (tried both) on Win7.
    <message edited by nach0king on Tue, 05/31/11 6:13 PM>

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Sun, 06/5/11 8:19 AM (permalink)
      nach0king, try changing your username on this page http://www.roadfood.com/MyRoadfood

Sfreader

• Total Posts: 503
        Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Mon, 06/27/11 9:16 AM (permalink)
        I updated my account to show my new city. Suddenly the look of the site has changed. It has become much harder to navigate ans the forums look different and are much less easy to use. I can't find a way back to the good interface:-(

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
          Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Mon, 06/27/11 2:36 PM (permalink)
          Where did all the emoticons go!!????
          The little selection that's left between the youtube and spell check don't hack it and not sure how to use those things on top. If it ain't broke---DON't fix it!

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4467
            Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Mon, 06/27/11 2:41 PM (permalink)
            Foodbme

The little selection that's left between the youtube and spell check don't hack it and not sure how to use those things on top. If it ain't broke---DON't fix it!

When they disappeared, my PM read receipts came back.

Foodbme

Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Mon, 06/27/11 2:51 PM (permalink)
              joerogo

Foodbme

When they disappeared, my PM read receipts came back.

Why is it that "Techies" always gotta tinker. Why can't they leave well enough alone???

Dude111

• Total Posts: 582
                Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Tue, 06/28/11 3:23 PM (permalink)
                Make sure you didnt accidently select the MOBILE SKIN,go up to the top and make sure its on ORIGINAL my friend!

Foodbme

Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Tue, 06/28/11 3:45 PM (permalink)
                  Dude111

Make sure you didnt accidently select the MOBILE SKIN,go up to the top and make sure its on ORIGINAL my friend!

It's been on Original

Tony Bad

Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Tue, 06/28/11 3:57 PM (permalink)
                    Sfreader

I updated my account to show my new city. Suddenly the look of the site has changed. It has become much harder to navigate ans the forums look different and are much less easy to use. I can't find a way back to the good interface:-(

Let me know if it is fixed now.

stubby77

• Total Posts: 491
                      Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Wed, 06/29/11 4:05 PM (permalink)
                      Not so much a bug report as it is a feature request, but...

I browse roadfood using the mobile version of the forums. For the most part this works really well. There's one small problem, however... there's no way to see a poster's location in the mobile skin without switching out to the regular version. Could you add location to the profile screens? The regular display shows it next to the poster's name on every post, but mobile doesn't do that, so it would be great to be able to click through to someone's profile and get that info.

Thanks!

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4899
                        Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Thu, 07/7/11 8:54 AM (permalink)
                        When I click on the (Open Full Version), my smilies window panel is totally blank and I can't access any smilies.
                        Can you help?

systemguy

• Total Posts: 1
                          Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Thu, 07/28/11 7:19 PM (permalink)
                          I'm not good on the computer but I saw questions about fire suppression in NH and can possibly help. I'm not sure how to communicate in that forum but I saw your name and thought I'd try through you. I'm a fire suppression installer and might be able to assist. systemguy

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6083
                            Re:Post your bugs and issues here...Annoying pop-ups and highlited words!! Sat, 07/30/11 6:21 PM (permalink)
                            I'm getting posts with random words hilighted. that if you click on them they lead to an ad. I just started noticing this and also annoying pop up ads when you go into roadfood stuff.. I tried boosting my pop up blocker on tools. Is anyone else getting either of these annoyances??
                            <message edited by leethebard on Sat, 07/30/11 6:22 PM>

Foodbme

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Tue, 08/2/11 1:23 AM (permalink)
                              I keep getting Email notification that "chicagostyledog" aka Mark has posted on the thread, "where to get vienna dogs"in the Professional Hot Dog Vendors Forum. When I open it, there's no post on the thread. WHAT UP?????

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                                Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/10/11 8:21 AM (permalink)
                                Am I the only one that gets IE8 to freeze up when I open the main RF page?

jamesjack

• Total Posts: 12
                                  Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/10/11 10:56 AM (permalink)
                                  No, You are not. I had it happen three times earlier this morning.

jamesjack

• Total Posts: 12
                                    Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 08/10/11 11:03 AM (permalink)
                                    No You are not. I have had it happen three times earlier this morning. And now that I am trying to send this, it is just hanging  in the middle of posting.

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
                                      IE8 Freezes up - bad banner ad? Fri, 08/12/11 7:34 AM (permalink)
                                      My IE8 under XP has also frozen up twice this morning. I think it is caused by a banner ad that is coded wrong and refuses to load. In other cases, I see young hotshot programmers testing code only against Firefox. They don't care if it doesn't play with the market leader. If you examine their code it probably does not comply with industry software standards, either.

I see references in my TIF pointing to a General Mills Bisquick ad. I don't recall it loading, so either that one or one at the bottom of the page refuses to run.

MiamiDon

Re:IE8 Freezes up - bad banner ad? Fri, 08/12/11 8:50 AM (permalink)
                                        I've been getting that for a while, too.  The ad link freezes up and stops the page from completing.  If I reload a few times, it eventually reaches completion.  I'm using IE9.

Foodbme

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Mon, 08/29/11 12:28 AM (permalink)
                                          Apparently, somehow I must have disconnected myself from receiving Instant Notification emails that I signed up to receive. How do I get reconnected so I can get my emails? 

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Mon, 08/29/11 9:35 AM (permalink)
                                            Click the "Subscribe to Thread" link

Foodbme

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Mon, 08/29/11 12:34 PM (permalink)
                                              Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Click the "Subscribe to Thread" link

I've done that and it's still not giving me my emails including this one. I had to go into the "[Show Me All Unread Topics]" link to find your post.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Mon, 08/29/11 11:03 PM (permalink)
                                                Is it a recent issue, because our email server was down during the hurricane.  We just got it restored a few minutes ago.

Foodbme

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Tue, 08/30/11 1:26 AM (permalink)
                                                  Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Is it a recent issue, because our email server was down during the hurricane.  We just got it restored a few minutes ago.

Not a recent issue. I had instant notification on some threads for years. I even signed up for some new threads and nothing coming through. I think I must have hit the link that unsubscribes you at the bottom of an email Subscription notification. I've even re-subscribed to some of my old threads and nothing happens.  HELP!!

Foodbme

Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Tue, 08/30/11 3:55 AM (permalink)
                                                    Hoooray!!!
                                                    I just recieved 80 subscription Emails! Thanks for your help!

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1281
                                                      • Location: SFBay Area, CA
                                                      Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Wed, 09/14/11 10:39 PM (permalink)
                                                      Thank you for posting that link!  I could not figure out how to get to it.  It seems to be saving changes now, although I don't think I can add a picture.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                                        • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:Post your bugs and issues here... Fri, 09/16/11 4:21 PM (permalink)
                                                        love2bake

Thank you for posting that link!  I could not figure out how to get to it.  It seems to be saving changes now, although I don't think I can add a picture.

You have to have been a member for a period of time and have posted at least 30 times before you can post pix or links

shadow666

• Total Posts: 17
                                                          Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Fri, 09/30/11 2:46 PM (permalink)
                                                          Why is it that members can't post a profile pic? It would be nice to be able to see the forum members that we chat with....just wonderin. Does anyone else agree?

yuppicide

• Total Posts: 185
                                                            • Location: edison, NJ
                                                            Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos Wed, 11/16/11 2:06 AM (permalink)
                                                            I have a problem.

I did a search for "potato pizza pennsylvania" and am brought to this page:

http://www.roadfood.com/F...ato+pizza+pennsylvania

When I try to view pages 2, 3, or 4 of the thread I get the following message:

"403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
                                                            You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

I am using Windows XP, Firefox 7.0.1. Also tried Internet Explorer 8. No luck.

Just noticed if I goto Thread Options - View Printable page, I can view page 1, and 2. Seems like it works there.

PS - As I typed this, Firefox has an update to browser version 8. That didn't work either.
                                                            <message edited by yuppicide on Wed, 11/16/11 2:11 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 > | Showing page 14 of 18, messages 391 to 420 of 540

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com