Helpful ReplyHot!Post your bugs and issues here...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 19
Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5406
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/04 23:35:34 (permalink)
Stephen, the goto last post button still doesn't work most of the time.

My latest instance just happened 1/4/09 @ 2330 EST in the Off-topic and lighter forum. The Firearms lovers thread. I hit last message and it took me to the bottom of page one, not the very last post on the last page.

MikeS.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3728
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/05 11:26:16 (permalink)
I am not sure if this is a bug or a forum "enhancement," but have the "Miscellaneous - Food Related" topics been removed from inclusion on the home pages recent topics section?

It appears that these topics have been removed, and the once removed "Restaurant Professionals" topics that once dominated the recent discussions, appear to have returned. 

If this is correct, I think "the powers that be" might reconsider.  I know that there are other ways to see the recent topics, but I do like to check out the home page to see the restaurant of the day and the latest blog postings.  I do look at the recent topics list to see if there is anything interesting there that I may have missed (as the new "active topics" can be a little overwhelming by not being sorted by forum - I don't mind as much as others, but I do seem to miss some posts every now and again that I like).  It would seem that the Miscellaneous - Food Related, which has now become (or is supposed to become) a catch-all for all things non-Roadfood restaurant related, would have more broad appeal than the somewhat limited segment of the readership served by the "Restaurant Professionals" forum.

My two cents....worth twice what you paid!
post edited by The Travelin Man - 2009/01/05 11:31:14
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4580
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/05 11:34:50 (permalink)
The Travelin Man

I am not sure if this is a bug or a forum "enhancement," but have the "Miscellaneous - Food Related" topics been removed from inclusion on the home pages recent topics section?

It appears that these topics have been removed, and the once removed "Restaurant Professionals" topics that once dominated the recent discussions, appear to have returned. 

If this is correct, I think "the powers that be" might reconsider.  I know that there are other ways to see the recent topics, but I do like to check out the home page to see the restaurant of the day and the latest blog postings.  I do look at the recent topics list to see if there is anything interesting there that I may have missed (as the new "active topics" can be a little overwhelming by not being sorted by forum - I don't mind as much as others, but I do seem to miss some posts every now and again that I like).  It would seem that the Miscellaneous - Food Related, which has now become (or is supposed to become) a catch-all for all things non-Roadfood restaurant related, would have more broad appeal than the somewhat limited segment of the readership served by the "Restaurant Professionals" forum.

My two cents....worth twice what you paid!

agreed
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6321
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/05 13:46:22 (permalink)
I thought the Restaurant Professionals and the Miscellaneous Forums were removed from the home page listings because they weren't roadfood forums and were so dominant as to interfere with the message the home page wished to convey. I see Recipe and Cooking Techniques shows up. It really makes no difference to me. I don't use or rely on them for information or navigation and I did go ahead and blot out Restaurant Professionals aka Hot Dog Carts from my Posts since last visit views.

BTW, the home page is out of sync with the forums on terminology. This new software is saying forums, threads (for topics) and posts (for messages). But then I am now going to "post" a "message". Oh heck, whatever.
doggydaddy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/06 09:30:07 (permalink)

I also came here to complain about the removal of Miscellaneous from the topics.  I see that the same thoughts are before me.  If anything, the 'Lunch/ Dinner what did you have?' should be moved to Recipes and Cooking Techniques.  This is the same as 'Another Saturday/pizza ' thread, both are fun to read. I like pictures.

The problem is two things. One is that there are too many posts asking "Where should I eat in Podunk?"  A high percentage are from drive-by posters who do not use the search function.  I feel that these questions bury the normal posts and topics.
The second is that there is a large blank space between the Restaurant of the Day and the weekly poll. That space could be used for those 'where to?" questions, or for trip reports from folks who know how to use it.  Either way, this is room for more discourse...or advertisements.

I don't think that the 'professionals' was overly dominant either, but that is my bias. If anything, many newbies do come here for information and I have really enjoyed watching folks grow.  RickMalek and shelly'sdoghouse are two examples.

mark
Ivyhouse
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 329
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/06 13:14:27 (permalink)
I read through the postings and did not recognize this issue -- I apologize in advance if I missed it.

When I login from the Forums screen, then click on the Home link in the upper left nav to go back to the Home page, my login is lost -- e.g., I have to login again to see logbook entries.

This is on an IBM pc, Windows 5.1, IE 6.0.
post edited by Ivyhouse - 2009/01/13 11:39:14
marzsit
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 347
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/11 06:32:21 (permalink)
logging in and staying logged in seem to be constant problems here now.....
dexmat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/11 09:09:29 (permalink)
MikeS.

Stephen, the goto last post button still doesn't work most of the time.

My latest instance just happened 1/4/09 @ 2330 EST in the Off-topic and lighter forum. The Firearms lovers thread. I hit last message and it took me to the bottom of page one, not the very last post on the last page.

MikeS.

Ditto and then some.  'Go to first unread' always takes me to the last post on the last page.  I am using Firefox 3.0.5 on Windows XP.
Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/12 05:47:23 (permalink)
Hello All,
I was looking for a posting I made a couple years ago,
but can only go back for my last 100 postings. 
Has past threads, postings, topics or whatever stored
somewhere special or am I limited to finding my last
100 postings?  There were some things I wrote in 2006
I wanted to see again.
Thanks for an answer.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/12 07:28:27 (permalink)
Fieldthistle, you can still use the search feature and narrow your search down by author, time, forum, etc.
doggydaddy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/12 07:47:53 (permalink)
marzsit

logging in and staying logged in seem to be constant problems here now.....

I'll second your complaint that is now your second attempt at doing so. I am also having the same issue with my e-mail.
I just switched to firefox and wonder if that is the cause of my problems.
I don't have log-in/cookie issues at other sites.

mark
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1620
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 08:42:21 (permalink)
Clicking on the "go to last unread" message icon doesn't seem to really work if there are photos in the thread. It gets you to the right page, but not to the first post that you haven't already read.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 2124
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 10:03:16 (permalink)
cavandre

Clicking on the "go to last unread" message icon doesn't seem to really work if there are photos in the thread. It gets you to the right page, but not to the first post that you haven't already read.

Please provide me with a specific link - otherwise I can't troubleshoot
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 10:25:51 (permalink)
cavandre

Where is there a "last unread"? There is a "go to first unread post" and "go to last post" option. Photos have nothing to do with messing both these buttons up. What messes the thread navigation is when someone goes back in and edits his/her post even if it is the last post in the thread. Then the thread navigation does not perform as expected. Often when people do post photos they do go back and make some edit corrections but it is the editing and not the photos. At least that is my observation which has included some experimentation to corroborate it.

One thing photos will do is require some time for a page to completely load. One can get impatient and use the scroll bar to find the last post or first unread post to read in thinking it isn't going to get there.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 10:43:50 (permalink)
There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I'm not sure what the intent of that button is for. I was just experimenting.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 10:52:48 (permalink)
Another bug. I accidentally created HTML strikeout by typing file(s) with these brackets [ ] in my previous message and when I tried to edit the message to fix it I could not change it because I only see the message with the strikeout and not the HTML code in the edit window.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 11:14:08 (permalink)
Davydd

There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I had that same problem.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 11:15:16 (permalink)
That's interesting. I didn't add the strikethrough in the previous post.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 15:30:16 (permalink)
bill voss

Davydd

There is a particularly nasty bug for me. When I choose open full version to type a post I see a "You may attach file(s) to this message" button. If I try to use it and attach a file I get a non-scrolling warning window with a long list of code errors with an "OK" button at the bottom to close the window that extends off the monitor and is thus inaccessible and unclickable. My only recourse is to force quit out of the browser. This is on a Mac with 10.5.6 OS and Firefox 3.0.5.

I had that same problem.

Now when I quote and respond I can get in and edit the HTML code and fix it.

NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3140
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/13 15:44:43 (permalink)
Ever since the transition to the new version I keep getting this every time I try to post to:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Where-to-eat-in-Dayton-Ohio-North-of-Middletown-m379488.aspx

Server Error in '/Forums' Application.

There is no row at position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.

Source Error:

Line 168:            Dim BasicPostData As DataSet = DAL.RetrieveBasicPostingInformation(MemberInfo.memID, ReplyToMessageID, 0)
Line 169: Dim MemberRow As DataRow, MessageRow As DataRow
Line 170: MemberRow = BasicPostData.Tables(0).Rows(0) : MessageRow = BasicPostData.Tables(1).Rows(0)
Line 171:
Line 172: Dim FMsg As New ForumMessage

Source File: D:\Applications\Roadfood.com\Forums\tm.aspx.vb    Line: 170

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.]
System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) +3124207
System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +16
System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +16
tm.sendPost1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Applications\Roadfood.com\Forums\tm.aspx.vb:170
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +101
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +100
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am using:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Can anyone help me?  This is my only glitch.

doggydaddy
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 07:46:52 (permalink)

Two things. I am not listed as, and cannot see who is a Roadfood insider. I am having problems getting around because I am blocked.

When can we start using the avatar? I want to put something in the picture frame.

mark
LindaW
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 338
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 08:21:39 (permalink)
There appears to be a bug with signing out...when I click on sign out, it brings me to a page saying I'm not a subscriber to Roadfood insider...which I'm not...but it should sign or log me out of Roadfood.
RoyHarv
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 75
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 08:40:30 (permalink)
Not sure if this is the right place for bugs with the new web site look....

When I search for restaurants, and get (for example) a list of all the restaurants in a state, the sort by city does not work.  I can click on it, but the list stays sorted by name.  I did not try sorting by state, as I only had single-state lists.

Other than that, my only complaint about the new look is that the option to get a list of all the restaurants in a state was removed from the front page.  Otherwise I think the front page is a BIG improvement.  Good work!
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 09:05:49 (permalink)
LindaW, I will investigate today.  Thanks.
LindaW
Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 09:56:47 (permalink)
Stephen...just to give you some more data...I am using Firefox as my browser...I haven't tried IE to see if the problem occurs there as well. In doing some troubleshooting, I am able to logout using the logout on the Forums Navigation tool bar, but I did not see that earlier and tried to sign out at the top of the web page. The sign out should function the same as the log out.

Thanks,
Linda
post edited by LindaW - 2009/01/16 10:12:41
LindaW
Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 10:20:03 (permalink)
LindaW

Stephen...just to give you some more data...I am using Firefox as my browser...I haven't tried IE to see if the problem occurs there as well. In doing some troubleshooting, I am able to logout using the logout on the Forums Navigation tool bar, but I did not see that earlier and tried to sign out at the top of the web page. The sign out should function the same as the log out.

Thanks,
Linda

Stephen....I believe this is a Firefox issue, as I was able to sign out using IE...however, the behavior is still odd...I get the page saying I successfully have signed out of Roadfood, but at the top right it still says I'm signed in.

Confusing...to say the very least.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10074
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/16 11:31:13 (permalink)
Had a problem with Quick Searches -Find a Restaurant-
When I tried to Search Phoenix AZ, as soon as I typed a letter or 2, other city names would populate the field and wouldn't let me get Phoenix to come up.

Otherwise, I think the new, more user friendly, web site is terrific and a great improvement THANX! 

I posted this on the "Update" thread before I saw this one. Sorry.
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/01/17 06:21:19 (permalink)

Since the new change I have to sign in every time I visit the site even though I check the "Keep me signed in box?"
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1620
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/17 07:54:46 (permalink)
I have to log in each time I go to the board even though I've checked the "Keep me loggec in" box each time I've done this. I haven't changed my browsers security settings since the change to the new format.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/01/17 08:03:53 (permalink)
Try clicking the signout button in the upper-right hand corner and then close your browser.  Afterwards, clear your browser cache and Roadfood cookies.  Let me know if that works.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 19
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1