Helpful ReplyHot!Post your bugs and issues here...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/14 11:43:05
1. I went to check replies to a message I posted very early this morning. When clicking on the thread from the Miscellaneous - Off Topic & "Lighter Fare", I received the 403 Server Error Message. This is the one that was coming up for a few weeks if you used Google to search for a message a few years old. You had to use Google's cache to see it.
2.  I got suspicious about my message because only a few people viewed it. I got the error message if I tried to access it from "Show me all unread topics" or if I went to the Miscellaneous - Off Topic & "Lighter Fare" forum.  I was able to access my original message from my Browswer history by using this link:
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=526932&high=
I then made a new message from the contents, then tried to delete the corrupted message. But, I forgot you can't delete the first message in a thread. So, I deleted the contents and changed the title of the first message. After doing this, I found I could access the message again from all possible methods. The redacted message, from the broswer history:
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Corrupted-Message-Cant-Delete-m526932.aspx
3. The problem happened sometime between Tue, 07/14/09 1:19 AM and 10:30 AM.
4. Using Windows XP SP3 and IE8.0.something.

I don't think you can replicate this problem, but I 'm documenting it in case it happens to others.
post edited by David_NYC - 2009/07/15 13:43:00
jmckee
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/14 12:55:05
Not sure if this one was posted yet:

In Restaurants, when you are on a given state's page (Nebraska, say) and click on "City" to resort the list by city name, the page refreshes but no re-sorting has been done.
cavandre
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/26 09:59:45
When I open the email I get about a subscribed thread & click on the link to the thread, Outlook freezes & I have to close it down.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/28 19:50:43
Hi,

In the seafood forum there is a thread titled Raucheraal.

I can't get in to it.

I get the message:

Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Thanks,
Marlene
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/28 20:50:25
mar52

Hi,

In the seafood forum there is a thread titled Raucheraal.

I can't get in to it.

I get the message:

Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Thanks,
Marlene

I find it most interesting:  If I click on the title "Raucheraal", I get the same "403" message as mar52, but if I click on the "Last Update" for the same topic, I have no problem going directly to the thread.
sbpressman
Junior Burger
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/07/29 10:43:38
I'm logged in, but when I try to click on any of the links on the homepage for discussion topics, such as (http://roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=524898), the link takes me to the Forums page, not the specific thread.  Happens every time.  IE7, Windows XP.  Help?
Ivyhouse
Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/11 09:27:12
I have not been able to sort restaurant search results by city for a while now.  I just searched for Pennsylvania restaurants, got the list of search results, and clicked on city to re-sort the list.  As I have experienced the last few times I tried it, the list did not re-sort -- i.e., it remained sorted by restaurant name, it did not re-sort by city name.

Does the re-sort function work differently than it did before the site was redesigned?

And....I apologize in advance if this is already a known issue or user error!  I did search the forum for "sort by city" before I posted and found nothing.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/11 09:34:17
The sorting does not work if you do a proximity search since it assumes you already want it sorted by distance.
Ivyhouse
Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/11 09:59:03
Stephen,

I searched only by state -- Pennsylvania.
cecif
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/08/19 11:11:55
cecif
... I do have a bug report again with subscriptions. I didn't cancel my subscription to this thread, but the last notice I received was "Nancypalooza at Tue, 03/31/09 7:54 AM" and there have been several posts since.

Whatever RF has changed today, I appreciate it.  Except of course the subscription issue (I suppose I will take getting into this text box over not getting the notices... if I have to choose.)

I should add that I also have NOT closed and re-opened Firefox since my last post attempt about an hour ago. Then, it did not let me post, now it is.  Go figure.

It's happening again. The ghost of erasing subscriptions....

So I create a thread. I subscribe to thread. I get several notices (saved 'em if anyone cares...)... then suddenly no email notifications. I have not visited RF in between or touched anything. A few days later I curiously come back to see if it really has been that quiet and *voila* there are about 20 new posts I never heard about.

I look at my subscription page... not listed. WTH?!?!?! I subscribe again, hoping it sticks this time.

It's a bug that has bothered me (without any more than the one complaint re-posted about I believe) for months. Only has ever happened with the new forum, just fyi.

cecif
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/19 11:14:53
Ivyhouse

Stephen,

I searched only by state -- Pennsylvania.

I tried that too... I searched by state (Illinois) then I got the results and on the top right clicked on Sort By --- City. It refreshed the page but did not sort by city.

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/22 20:01:37
SR - getting a long delay time on forum views loading while waiting for response from afe.specificclick.net

Do any of these ad sources let you cache their ads so they feed locally rather than over the net?
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2009/08/22 23:38:45
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/08/22 20:09:24
TJ Jackson

SR - getting a long delay time on forum views loading

Ditto.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 07:25:21
After reading a restaurant review, I tried to vote yes or no,

2 out of 3 people found the review helpful. Was it helpful to you?

And was told that I must be an insider.  Is this new?  I thought I was always able to vote my opinion on a review.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 09:42:12
You shouldn't need to be an insider - just a registered user.
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 14:11:54
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

You shouldn't need to be an insider - just a registered user.

I tried it again and got,

Sorry...This page is for subscribers of the Roadfood Insider
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 15:05:37
What review were you trying to vote on, joerogo?
joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 20:44:38
Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle

What review were you trying to vote on, joerogo?

WJ's Review on the home page.

I didn't know his last name was Fine.  I wonder if he has an Uncle Larry?

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/09/01 20:50:58
I just tried it again, and it worked like a charm.  Dr. Howard must have fixed it.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/14 15:18:48
For the past two days almost every time I log on to Roadfood I get a whole page of University of Phoenix, some bank, or some other advertisement. I then have to Click on the X to get to the Roadfood home page. I know I'm not doing it, and I know that Roadfood is the only place where this happens. I'd really appreciate not getting a page of advertising before I can get to Roadfood.
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/14 16:57:52
If I'm in the Misc, off topic Forum and want to go to the next topic in the same forum, I hit the blue return arrow and it starts me off at the beginning of the Forums, got to scroll down all the way, kind of a pain, am I doing something wrong?
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/23 10:58:10
hi there- was just wondering if there is a way that I could see most recent posts first...ie when I go to nj hot dog tour for example, I see the first posts , then have to scroll through to get to last, most recent ones...no big deal, but was just wonderin
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/23 11:26:18
californyguy

hi there- was just wondering if there is a way that I could see most recent posts first...ie when I go to nj hot dog tour for example, I see the first posts , then have to scroll through to get to last, most recent ones...no big deal, but was just wonderin

Click on the "message" link towards the top and center of the page - it should change the sort order.
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/23 11:38:02
thanks, but O do not see the message link
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/23 11:45:33
CG, if you go to forum menu and click "today's posts" instead of "since last post" it will accomplish what you want. I don't have a message tab either.
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/09/23 12:02:12
It's not a tab.  Look at the first post on this page of this thread, the one by David_NYC.  Just above his name you should see the word Author.  In the box to the right of Author, you will see the word Message.  It will be underlined, and there will be an arrow pointing up immediately to the right of Message.  That's what Stephen is talking about.  If you click on that (Message, not the arrow), it will reverse the order of display for the posts in the thread: the first post on page one will be the most recent post, and the last post on the last page will be the thread's first post.
post edited by Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle - 2009/09/23 12:07:14
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/10/01 12:10:18
How does one get the notification of a private message to disappear after it's been read, I've tried everything.
cavandre
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/11/02 07:44:58
When replying to a thread & clicking on "Insert a Link", the box opens & I paste in the web address but it freezes & doesn't allow me to type in the text. This happens about 50% of the time I try to use this feature.
EatingTheRoad
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/11/02 08:56:34
If it's not working still you can always place "[url]" before your link and "[/url]" after your link...or just paste the link in the test box...I think it'll automatically hyperlinks them and if not people can always copy and paste.
agnesrob
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/11/04 09:01:31
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but every time I log onto the home page it lets me vote in the poll again. I keep voting but I feel like I'm cheating!
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/13 17:12:57
Missing Data on "Last 100 Posts" Page

As I did not see another "help" forum so I am posting this here ...

Ever since the forum change, on my "last 100 posts" page, nearly all of the entries on that list  show nothing in the "Replies/Views" and "Last Update" columns.

This makes it extremely difficult to see when anyone has replied after I've posted.

Besides about 29 out of 30 entries on that page having this problem (there are just a couple that do show properly) ... this also occurs regardless of which browser I'm using ... Firefox, MSIE or Opera ... leading me to believe that my account on the Roadfood server is buggy (or needs re-loading or something).
It also occurs regardless of the date of the post.

Has anyone had this problem? ... What can be done?

Many thanx for any help!
Sonny

1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/20 10:58:09
Stephen, I'm trying the Chrome beta for Mac, and when I click on show all unread topics on the front page, it instead takes me to the whole forum.
Is this a setting I can change, or is it in Chrome's makeup?
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/20 11:08:19
bill voss

Stephen, I'm trying the Chrome beta for Mac, and when I click on show all unread topics on the front page, it instead takes me to the whole forum.

That sounds like it's an issue with your cookies, but its hard to say since we haven't done exhaustive testing with Chrome.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/20 12:37:46
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

bill voss

That sounds like it's an issue with your cookies, but its hard to say since we haven't done exhaustive testing with Chrome.

I have been using Chrome (but for Windoze) for quite a while now, and did have some early issues with odd behavior such as that described. You really need to clear out all your old cookies from IE and Chrome and see if that helps. The MAC version may be different, but once I did that, and was basically starting from scratch, Chrome has worked without incident.

Does this make me the Chrome Testing Department Chief?

1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/20 13:03:07
no IE in Mac, and I didn't import Firefox settings.
Not a big deal, but interesting. 
EDIT: cleared cookies and it worked.

post edited by bill voss - 2010/01/20 13:07:43
cavandre
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 10:51:30
For the last couple of days, when I click on "Forums" from the home page, the Forum page comes up & then a message box that Internet Explorer cannot open this page...operation aborted. It then shifts from the Forums home page to a Explorer error page. When I click on the "go back" button, I get the Forums home page with no error box.

I'm not getting this problem on any other website. Using MS Explorer v.7
Ice Cream Man
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 12:00:31
Me too.
will_work_4_bbq
Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 13:43:41
Same problem here.  It will not allow me to usee the "back" button or even click on the Roadfood.com logo once I am in the forum.  I have to leave the site completely and come back in to look at anything else....and repeat.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 14:26:05
Thanks guys - I just posted a message for the developer.  Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 14:43:33
The issue seems to be related to Internet Explorer and an ad at the bottom of the page.

I just removed the ad and no longer have a problem.
post edited by Stephen Rushmore Jr. - 2010/01/31 14:57:27
Ice Cream Man
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 15:43:09
I just checked in and still have the same problem.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 15:46:06
I had nothing but problems with IE when I had a PC.

On my Mac I use the latest version of firefox and safari and they work very well.
Ice Cream Man
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 15:54:34
After checking some posts I lost all the pictures, so I shut it down and it reloaded ok.
For the last two days some times it does load right but most times it doesn't.
This is the only site that I'm having a problem with.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 16:05:05
Ice Cream Man

After checking some posts I lost all the pictures, so I shut it down and it reloaded ok.
For the last two days some times it does load right but most times it doesn't.
This is the only site that I'm having a problem with.

You do not use firefox or other browsers?
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 16:12:20
Thanks Guys - I think I finally nailed it.  All should be good now.
Ice Cream Man
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 18:41:48
Thank you
susanll
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/01/31 22:41:42
How do I delete a thread I am the author of?
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/06 14:36:42
I've been visiting the Roadfood forums with an iPad (i.e, Safari on iPhone OS 3.2) for the past few days (April 1-6), and I've seen two significant problems:

1) I cannot post to threads. I can edit thread titles normally, but when I tap or double-tap in the edit box for editing my post, the keyboard never appears.

2) When I'm viewing threads, some image links are broken. For example, in http://www.roadfood.com/F...-Festival-m578070.aspx , all the Flickr links from my posts are broken.

(I generated those posts by copying and pasting from http://ralphmelton.livejournal.com/301354.html, and the images load fine on that page. So I believe that Roadfood is involved with the problem. I have also filed a bug with Apple about this.)

I can also reproduce these bugs when I visit the forums with my iPhone, so though this is iPhone OS-specific, it's not iPad-specific.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/06 14:51:37
Not to pile on, but I have same/similar issues attempting to post from an android based phone.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/06 15:14:29
I think it is this forum software, because on other style BB's
I can post at will.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/06 16:36:57
Yes, it is the forum software.  You used to not be able to read on mobile devices, so its slowly making progress.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/06 21:30:34
Stephen,

I probably access at least a dozen different message forums and this ASPlayground software is the only one that fails on the iPad. My participation will be limited because in the future I plan to travel only with my iPad and not my laptop computer. This RV trip for the next three weeks I am carrying both mainly to keep up with syncing two iPads with iTunes on the laptop with new apps coming available constantly in the early days. So, I can get on sometimes with my laptop. I already prefer using my iPad.

So, Roadfood.com has pissed off 300,000 iPad using potential members the first day out and may be missing the boat on a new era in computing. Think about it. Roadfood is about being on the road and can't accommodate those utilizing road computing tools. I'd be worried if I were you. I'd get back to ASPlayground and tell them to get off their butts and fix it.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/07 04:01:08
Davydd, already done.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/07 04:04:01
Here is the response I got from the developer:

I am thinking about using another editor for 3.7. The Telerik editor we chose is very bad in terms of mobile device compatibility (and iPad along the line).

You can ask your members with iPad to try this new editor and send me some feedback:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/example_23.php

You can actually send me the feedback and I will pass it along.
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/04/07 09:32:25
That editor isn't working for me on the iPad. When I try to tap to edit, it puts up a grey selection highlight from just past the G in "WYSIWYG" to the period following "Systems", but the keyboard doesn't appear.
edwmax
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2010/04/23 22:37:32
sbpressman

I'm logged in, but when I try to click on any of the links on the homepage for discussion topics, such as (http://roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=524898), the link takes me to the Forums page, not the specific thread.  Happens every time.  IE7, Windows XP.  Help?

I've had the same problem with Firefox for a while.   I found a help page with firefox support a many weeks ago and it fix the problem. ....... Last week I had to install windows & Firefox. The problem returned.       .......  The problem seems to be due to Blocking Pop-ups.    In Firefox anyway. ....  

Add Roadfood.com to the "exceptions list".      Click "Tools" > "Options" > "Content" .    If "Block pop-up windows"  is checked, then click "exceptions" and add Roadfood.com to the list.
Jeff Gabriels
Junior Burger
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/06/01 11:11:28
Must try Moxies on Spring Aveneu in Troy, NY for their homemade ice cream. 25 flavors.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/06/01 11:20:08
ASPPlayground.net should get their little "a" in gear. Apple has now sold over 2 million iPads in its first two months. It is not going away. When I travel it is now my main method of internet communications. Being this is roadfood then there could be a proportionally greater potential of iPad users. I currently have 31 message forums bookmarked that I have signed onto at one time or another. This is the only one of the 31 I cannot post to with an iPad.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2010/06/01 15:39:04
Davydd

ASPPlayground.net should get their little "a" in gear. Apple has now sold over 2 million iPads in its first two months. It is not going away. When I travel it is now my main method of internet communications. Being this is roadfood then there could be a proportionally greater potential of iPad users. I currently have 31 message forums bookmarked that I have signed onto at one time or another. This is the only one of the 31 I cannot post to with an iPad.

They just released a version that supports iPad.  I am going to upgrade our forums once I know the release is stable.
smithmary
Junior Burger
Useable Technology 2010/07/03 00:44:54
Felix, I strongly praise you raise your browser to the fashionable variant of Net Mortal.  The edition you mortal is over 7 period old, and doesn't resource umteen of the current JavaScript standards.  I am not trustworthy if you can get IE 7.0 with Windows 2000, but Firefox is another extricated choice which is belike verified.
================

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10