Helpful ReplyHot!Post your bugs and issues here...

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 19
Author
brittneal
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:sorry tony. thanks but tried & no change. 2009/04/01 03:54:08 (permalink)

What I pushed was the "Add Review" button and got the members only message.
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2391
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/04/01 11:59:16 (permalink)
I'm working on a trip report right now and whenever I copy and paste pictures I get a text message between the pictures that says:
[font="'lucida grande'; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; white-space: pre-wrap"] 

I have no idea what this means or why it keeps showing up.

This only happens when I look at them in the preview mode and when I actually submit the post.  When I am actually writing the post, none of that text appears on my screen.  I work on an IMAC at home and this always happens since the new software upgrade on Roadfood.  I just submitted a trip report a few days ago that I worked on on a PC at my workplace and I did not encounter this problem.  Is it possible that the new RF software is clashing with my IMAC for some reason?  

HELP!!
cecif
  • Total Posts : 1414
subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/01 12:19:20 (permalink)
OH MY GAWD!

I do not believe this. SUDDENLY I get to post.
How did I figure it out? Did the usual post in the subject line (YES that is a different bug!)
and it gave me an error "Field cannot be empty".  I thought, huh?!

So, I DID NOT CHANGE A THING.  No settings, no upgrades, no nothing.

However, I do have a bug report again with subscriptions. I didn't cancel my subscription to this thread, but the last notice I received was "Nancypalooza at Tue, 03/31/09 7:54 AM" and there have been several posts since.

Whatever RF has changed today, I appreciate it.  Except of course the subscription issue (I suppose I will take getting into this text box over not getting the notices... if I have to choose.)

I should add that I also have NOT closed and re-opened Firefox since my last post attempt about an hour ago. Then, it did not let me post, now it is.  Go figure.

dexmat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/01 13:24:53 (permalink)
cecif - your experience now mirrors mine.  A few weeks back I could not post anything other than a subject line.  I was getting a square box apparently meant for inserting video rather than the rectangular box for inserting text.  I used IE to post about it on this thread a few pages back.  There was never any reply to my problem but a few days later I was able to post again using Firefox and have been able to ever since.  I know very little about how these machines work but concluded it was a scripting engine problem, based on similar probems I had with IE that drove me to use Firefox.

I have also had your problem with pages that never load or take forever, though never on this site.  I sometimes get a message something like 'a script in this movie is taking too long to load, would you like to abort?'  (haven't gotten it in several weeks, not sure exactly what it said).  Sometimes I would have to close the browser to get off the page, sometimes I could get around it by repeatedly hitting 'refresh' until the page loaded without the movie.

brittneal - I have had your problem too.  The first time I looked at adding a review just out of curiosity, I got the page for doing so.  Later when I was getting serious about adding a review all I could get was the page about signing up as a Roadfood Insider, repeatedly, over several days.

Then again, a few weeks later, I looked in to it again and got the appropriate form. 

Wierd.  I had done all the recommended things to deal with the problems, clearing cache and cookies, re-booting, etc., to no avail and they just seemed to clear up of their own accord (or some moderator machinations they don't want to take credit for).
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
  • Total Posts : 1350
Re:sorry tony. thanks but tried & no change. 2009/04/01 13:44:57 (permalink)
brittneal

What I pushed was the "Add Review" button and got the members only message.

brittneal, is this what happened: you're viewing the review for Mel-O-Dee and you click on the Submit a Review button.  And you received a message telling you you have to be a Roadfood Insider to do that?  If so, that's a bug and I'll pass the word to Stephen.

While you should be able to write a review using that button, when I write a review I never go in that way.  What I do, and you might want to try this in the meantime, is go to the bottom of the page, where you can click on Submit Content.  That will take you through menus where you can write reviews on any restaurant you want.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 2124
Re:sorry tony. thanks but tried & no change. 2009/04/01 15:56:02 (permalink)
brittneal, Have you tried clearing your cookies and browser cache?
cecif
  • Total Posts : 1414
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/01 22:33:37 (permalink)
dexmat

cecif - your experience now mirrors mine.  A few weeks back I could not post anything other than a subject line.  I was getting a square box apparently meant for inserting video rather than the rectangular box for inserting text.  I used IE to post about it on this thread a few pages back.  There was never any reply to my problem but a few days later I was able to post again using Firefox and have been able to ever since.  I know very little about how these machines work but concluded it was a scripting engine problem, based on similar probems I had with IE that drove me to use Firefox.

Wierd.  I had done all the recommended things to deal with the problems, clearing cache and cookies, re-booting, etc., to no avail and they just seemed to clear up of their own accord (or some moderator machinations they don't want to take credit for).

dexmat,
First my apologies for missing your post, I thought I checked thoroughly. Glad I am not alone, I always insisted it wasn't me.

I see now when you posted and that no one ever answered the post either.

FWIW I am still having the same subscription issues I had back around that same time as your post. I subscribe, get the emails, then they suddenly stop and the subscription has disappeared from my list without my doing anything. That's never been addressed (and I don't expect it will be).

I know this new RF is "better" but IMHO it doesn't actually work better, and it sure has a lot of bugs!

ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/02 09:18:02 (permalink)
Help!!!
I need one of you moderators to edit my new "strictly burgers" report in the hot dog thread...  cause as Mosca pointed out, the name is Frankly Burgers...
I was spaced out ; too much time on my new laptop!!

my first post will not let me edit.... there is no option for it under "message options"...
please correct the name of the hot dog / burger joint for me in the title, and in the first sentence of my report..

thanks in advance!!   and enjoy your day!  ellen

p.s. why do you think this "no edit" option happened?
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/02 13:52:12 (permalink)
Are you sure you are signed in Ellen? Does it welcome you by name at the top left?
Joe
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3728
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/03 00:42:20 (permalink)
I am not quite sure why, but every time I go to view the home page here it look like this.

Mind you...I'm not complaining.  It's just curious.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6352
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/06 17:06:09 (permalink)
The Travelin Man

I am not quite sure why, but every time I go to view the home page here it look like this.

Mind you...I'm not complaining.  It's just curious.

That's the most delicious SPAM I have ever seen!

BACON/PORK FAT RULES!!
kirstine
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 266
Re:subscription bug is back. no change by me but stopped getting notices yesterday at 7am 2009/04/07 16:59:21 (permalink)
I can't seem to use the search function these past few days, it keeps telling me I have the wrong credentials or something to use this function?

Maybe it's my internet browser though as I just upgraded to IE8, I dunno if that was an intelligent move or not...
Dude111
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 582
TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/14 10:01:45 (permalink)
I dont even come here anymore cause this SOFTWARE is utter garbage!

I cant do anything,i can barely navigate thru this crap (With scripts Enabled)

Having a site like this that is almost 100% script based is totally obsurd and disgusting!

No formatting of text,its absolute crap and whoever made this doesnt know the first thing about Web Design..

Im not saying anything towards the roadfood staff,they didnt make this garbage....

I am a little confused as to why they chose this?? (Its the worst they could have chosen)

None of the commands work,i hope i can even send this....

Please do this site a favour and give it better software!! (ROADFOOD USED TO BE A GOOD SITE)

This is a good place to start: http://www.forumotion.com/

You can chose from 4 different SW's to use (AND ITS FREE)

Please give this site the dignity it once had!

Thanx

EDIT:

My browser locked up when trying to submit this,please change this to BETTER SOFTWARE MIKE!!
post edited by Dude111 - 2009/04/14 10:13:11
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6320
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/15 10:08:57 (permalink)
Dude111, I haven't experienced the bugs you claim but will agree this forum software is probably the buggiest I've encountered in the many forums I visit. I've only found one other buggier in creating and formatting a message.

The most unforgiving bug of all is that it does not work at all on the Apple iPhone Safari browser. I am about to embark on a road trip and in tests with over 20 message boards I read frequently or just on occasion, this is the only message board that does not work. You cannot open a message thread and read it.
douginvirginia
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 462
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/16 07:35:08 (permalink)
Davydd

Dude111, I haven't experienced the bugs you claim but will agree this forum software is probably the buggiest I've encountered in the many forums I visit. I've only found one other buggier in creating and formatting a message.

The most unforgiving bug of all is that it does not work at all on the Apple iPhone Safari browser. I am about to embark on a road trip and in tests with over 20 message boards I read frequently or just on occasion, this is the only message board that does not work. You cannot open a message thread and read it.

Davydd,

I've had no problems at all accessing any part of forum from my iPhone - although I have never tried to post, read only. I don't know what level of Safari I'm using, but have had the iPhone since last September. Have you tried working with one of those Apple experts?
jillyjill
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/21 05:59:35 (permalink)
Folks,
This may not be quite the place, but I'm wondering if someone can help me work out the Search function.
I'm trying to search for specific phrases, but keep getting a number of threads with the keywords instead.
For example, when I search for "route 20" I get threads where the word "route" and the number "20" show up somewhere.
Search example

I've tried various versions of search phrase magic (+ signs, AND, NEAR, quotations) but no luck.
As entertaining as some of the threads are, I'd rather just find the things I'm looking for.

Any tips helpful, thanks.

brittneal
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/21 06:38:06 (permalink)

I tried clearing cache and cookies and logging back in.  Still need to be an insider.  Sorry if its just me!
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3420
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/21 08:31:24 (permalink)
jilly, the same thing happens to me every time I attempt a search. It's very frustrating and I sure wish it would stop.
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO ROADFOOD! 2009/04/21 10:40:01 (permalink)
brittneal, you are not an Insider.  If you were, it would show below your name.
jillyjill
Junior Burger
Re Search problems 2009/04/21 19:57:54 (permalink)
nocarolina

jilly, the same thing happens to me every time I attempt a search. It's very frustrating and I sure wish it would stop.

Well, at least I'm not the only one. heh.
Wintem01
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 205
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/04/22 15:52:42 (permalink)
I know every site needs sponsors, but this "questionSurvey" thing deleted me from seeing the restaurant review. Plus, when I clicked the "close" button, it took me to their site anyway and wouldn't let me see the review. Please review the ethics of this advertiser.
Wintem01
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 205
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2009/04/22 16:00:04 (permalink)
I  will say that after going back, I got in. But, it still doesn't justify taking away the entire pictorial of the restaurant you want to see. Nor does it justify hitting the "close" button and be taken automatically to their website. Just a thought. 
jillyjill
Junior Burger
Search issues 2009/04/25 04:56:52 (permalink)
jillyjill
I've tried various versions of search phrase magic (+ signs, AND, NEAR, quotations) but no luck.
As entertaining as some of the threads are, I'd rather just find the things I'm looking for.

Any tips helpful, thanks.

Anyone? admins?
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2391
Re:Search issues 2009/04/25 11:33:35 (permalink)
jillyjill, 

It might be possible that route 20 doesn't exist as a phrase on Roadfood.  Are you certain that someone has used it on a forum/thread at some point in the past?  
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Search issues 2009/04/25 12:10:42 (permalink)
Stephen-just wanted to ley you know I am not having any issues at all( except at the beginning, and it was just figuring out the changes)Sorry to all others who are. And TTM-gotta agree with CajunKing...LOL!!!
jillyjill
Junior Burger
Re:Search issues 2009/04/25 21:36:33 (permalink)
billyboy
jillyjill, 

It might be possible that route 20 doesn't exist as a phrase on Roadfood.  Are you certain that someone has used it on a forum/thread at some point in the past?  

Sure, it's certainly possible that the phrase has never been used.
But that doesn't explain why I get results that are less than useful, rather than just "no results found"
If you search for "route 20" as a phrase, you'll get a thread on wireless access points, wherein highlighted results include "hub/router" and "20 signals"
(If the html doesn't come through, the "route" in router is highlighted, as well as the "20" in 20 signals.)

If it's the case that, when no results are found, the software defaults to finding the individual words, that's fine. Poor design, but fine.
But I'd like to know one way or the other.

post edited by jillyjill - 2009/04/25 21:37:45
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4538
Re:Search issues 2009/04/25 22:51:24 (permalink)
The "would you like to take a survey" box that occasionally floats across the screen is very, very annoying

It appears to be "resistant" to being closed until it stops floating and it is hard to click the close x box while it is moving

That'sMyDawg
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 421
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/05/08 10:55:58 (permalink)
Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Post a bug report

Please include:
  1. The detailed error message you gathered. If there isn't any, let me know as well.
  2. What are the steps to reproduce the issue.  Please include links and very specific steps so I can follow them.
  3. Date/time the event occurred
  4. Browser and version, operating system
All other posts unrelated to the above will be deleted.  This thread will be kept tidy so people can quickly see all outstanding issues.

I will not be actively checking any other threads for bug/issue reports, so they must be posted here to receive top priority.

Issue- people cant pm me directly without me pm-ing them first.
I don't know the error message because it happens when others try to pm me and not me pm-ing them.
Steps to reproduce this is a person trying to pm me.
Date- ongoing
Time- 99% a pm is attempted- As recent as today
Browser- It would be the user sending the pm's browser not mine
Stephen Rushmore Jr.
Fire Safety Admin
Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2009/05/08 14:47:55 (permalink)
That's MyDog, your profile does not allow other people to PM you.  You need to change your settings on http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/editprofile.aspx
Buffalo Tarheel
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 501
Re:Search issues 2009/05/08 16:12:35 (permalink)
jillyjill

billyboy
jillyjill, 

Sure, it's certainly possible that the phrase has never been used.
But that doesn't explain why I get results that are less than useful, rather than just "no results found"
If you search for "route 20" as a phrase, you'll get a thread on wireless access points, wherein highlighted results include "hub/router" and "20 signals"
(If the html doesn't come through, the "route" in router is highlighted, as well as the "20" in 20 signals.)

If it's the case that, when no results are found, the software defaults to finding the individual words, that's fine. Poor design, but fine.
But I'd like to know one way or the other.

As another point of reference, I have been having that same problem with the search function for some time now.  As Jillyjill does, I type in a phrase and find all postings that have any of the words.  If I search for "corn chowder" (just a random example), I find all instances of the words "corn" or "chowder" and any words that contain those words (corn, acorn, etc.).  At first I thought I was the problem but see I am not alone.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 19
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1