Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating

Author
ItalianIce
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/12/06 19:54:50 (permalink)

Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating

Hi All,

One of my co-workers used to bring in these Huge Potato Burritos many years back. Since I have lost touch with most of them I was hoping someone here might be able to help?

From what I remember:

Came from Southside area, maybe even suburbs
Real Potatoes - Cubed - "Not Hash Browns or Sweet Potatoes"
Possibly some kind of White Cheese - Maybe Swiss?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4211
    RE: Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating 2005/12/06 20:29:33 (permalink)
    Never had a Potato Burrito on the South Side, but there's a place near me in Des Plaines that serves them. Can't remember the name, but they're located on the southwest corner of Oakton and Webster in a small strip mall. They are exactly as you describe, served alone or mixed with meat.
    ItalianIce
    Junior Burger
    RE: Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating 2005/12/06 23:45:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

Never had a Potato Burrito on the South Side, but there's a place near me in Des Plaines that serves them. Can't remember the name, but they're located on the southwest corner of Oakton and Webster in a small strip mall. They are exactly as you describe, served alone or mixed with meat.

Thanks Buddy,

I went past there but, they were closed, will try again tomorrow.

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating 2005/12/07 20:16:48 (permalink)
    I was shopping at Caputo's produce market across the street from the place today. It is called Chelos Taqueria. It did not appear to be closed, but I could be wrong.
    ItalianIce
    Junior Burger
    RE: Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating 2005/12/08 18:51:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

I was shopping at Caputo's produce market across the street from the place today. It is called Chelos Taqueria. It did not appear to be closed, but I could be wrong.

Hi Buddy,

I should have been more specific, I arrived at 10pm, they close at 9pm.

I stopped by there today and bought a chicken and steak burrito, the steak was excellent and I haven't gotten to the chicken yet.

I should have orderd a plain one too, maybe next time.

The one I remember was pretty much plain potato with just a slight taste of onion, green pepper, and some sort of cheese.

The restuarant was small but the food was good and people working there were very nice.

Thanks for the rec - I'll go back there again.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Potato Burrito - Chicago Area - Help Locating 2005/12/08 23:37:39 (permalink)
    My pleasure Iceman.

Just so ya know, this neighborhood is LOADED with good Mexican Joints ranging from taquerias to family style to white tablecloth.

If you need anymore ideas, gimme a holler.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1