Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence

Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7751
2014/06/05 17:38:26 (permalink)

Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence

Poverty Pete is happily galavanting around the  states this summer hauling equipment for various bands. Yesterday he was in downtown Providence at Lupo's Heartbeak Hotel. I had the opportunity to  get together with him yesterday

I picked him up in front of the venue yesterday evening and it was a short 2 minute drive to Federal Hill. By chance someone was pulling out of a parallel parking space right in front of Angelo's Civita Farnese  so that's where we decided to go.

We shared an appetizer of Rhode Island style calamari loaded with olives, hot peppers and roasted red peppers. We then had a cup each of the greens and beans soup (escarole and cannalini). perfect comfort food for a cool overcast early summer eve. Unfortunately half way through our meal, the waitress approached Poverty Pete and informed him they were out of snail salad. He opted for a plate of smelts instead. I had a decent stuffed eggplant (with ricotta  and topped with mozarella) but regret feeling more adventurous. It was a solid meal but regret that we didn't hit Andino's or Cassarino's a block or so down.

Afterwards, I dropped Poverty Pete back off at the music venue downtown.

It's always a  treat to share a meal with one of my favorite Roadfooders.

5 Replies Related Threads

FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1647
    Re:Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence 2014/06/05 19:04:20 (permalink)
    Nice start.......will fried clams be in the offering?  Or take him to the trucks on College Hill (if they still exist) for a great grrrrrrr-ind- Ahhh
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence 2014/06/05 19:15:08 (permalink)
    FriedClamFanatic

Nice start.......will fried clams be in the offering?  Or take him to the trucks on College Hill (if they still exist) for a great grrrrrrr-ind- Ahhh

Sorry that's the end.... Those trucks I understand haven't existed in decades. there are plenty of food trucks around Providence but nowadays they're offering Dominican Chimi's and such... those other days are loooong gone...
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10204
    Re:Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence 2014/06/05 19:32:24 (permalink)
    Andrew Zimmern recently had a Segment on Bizarre Foods about RI, the Providence food Scene and especially Federal Hill. Also Fall River's Portuguese Cuisine! 
    Wanted to buy a plane ticket right after the show.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6751
    Re:Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence 2014/06/05 21:00:25 (permalink)
    wj
    The Rhode Island calamari sounds delicious!  (MH won't touch it.)  I hope I can find something similar in CT. 

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Poverty Pete Plunders through Providence 2014/06/09 10:05:16 (permalink)
    FriedClamFanatic

Just an addition to my recent response
    oh- how the times have changed!

http://ediblerhody.com/online-magazine/summer-2009/foodways-broad-street-bounty/
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1