Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?.....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/11 12:27:28 (permalink)
I don't think any prepackaged sandwich could taste as good as a fresh one. I can't speak for vending machine sandwiches as I have always been afraid to try them, but there are two places I will buy them, enroute from work to my daughter's softball games. One is Wegman's grocery store and I like the rare roast beef with roasted red peppers and shaved smoked Parmesan. The other is a chain of PA gas stations named Wawa. They make fresh sandwiches but if there's a line, their packaged ones are more edible than if I had made some in the morning before work and let them sit out all day until 6 P.M.
tmiles
  • Total Posts : 1977
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/11 12:32:07 (permalink)
Variable, and often better than nothing.
dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/11 17:58:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

I don't think any prepackaged sandwich could taste as good as a fresh one. I can't speak for vending machine sandwiches as I have always been afraid to try them, but there are two places I will buy them, enroute from work to my daughter's softball games. One is Wegman's grocery store and I like the rare roast beef with roasted red peppers and shaved smoked Parmesan. The other is a chain of PA gas stations named Wawa. They make fresh sandwiches but if there's a line, their packaged ones are more edible than if I had made some in the morning before work and let them sit out all day until 6 P.M.
The WaWa's I remember were convenience stores similar to 7-11, fresh deli and fountain drinks and great coffee!! They had fresh bagels with a think slice of cream cheese. They were (are?) prevalent in the so.jersey/phila area.
RubyRose
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/11 22:51:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dreamzpainter

quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

The WaWa's I remember were convenience stores similar to 7-11, fresh deli and fountain drinks and great coffee!! They had fresh bagels with a think slice of cream cheese. They were (are?) prevalent in the so.jersey/phila area.

Same ones but they now seem to be in an expansion mode and are becoming a power locally in the gasoline market.
signman
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/11 22:51:45 (permalink)
Reference to WAWA..... Their hoagies are better than 99% of the Sub shops around here. It's their pedigree from the Delaware Valley, and the rolls which are from Philly and are better than 100% of the local rolls used in those 99% of Sub shops.

Too bad they closed their smaller stores near me, and now operate only larger ones with gas pumps along major roads.
brookquarry
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 280
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/12 07:23:36 (permalink)
Wawas hoagies are better than most of the hoagie shop hoagies in my area (Lehigh Valley, Pa) also. Especially worthy is their new roast pork hoagie, which is not something readily available in our area. Its not up to the level of DeNics or Tony Lukes in Philly (I've yet to try Johns Roast Pork the other member of the Philly roast pork triumvirate), but its a very good sandwich.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4608
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/12 07:46:49 (permalink)
If a place is run by the owners and has a little deli, you might do okay. But that isn't the topic here.

I'd be surprised -- astonished, actually -- if I was ever so desperate to try a pre-packaged sandwich at a c-store, or from a machine.
brookquarry
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 280
RE: Pre-Packaged Sandwiches ? Good or Bad?..... 2005/04/12 08:19:58 (permalink)
Clarification. The Wawa hoagies I (and I believe Signman) are talking about are fresh made. I've never had Wawas pre-made sandwiches, although, given the quality of the fresh ones I don't doubt RubyRoses positive experience with them.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1