The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ

cornfed

• Total Posts: 344
President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 3:04 AM (permalink)
President Bush and Japan's Prime Minister Koizumi went to the Rendezvous BBQ. Wet or dry? Who ordered what?

(Cornfed- I edited your post to clarify the topic, no problem with it.AL)

cornfed

RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 3:06 AM (permalink)
    ORDERED. I'm sorry. I don't know how to edit.

stanpnepa

• Total Posts: 575
      RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 10:31 AM (permalink)
      That IS cool!! Lord, forgive me for using "Bush" and "cool" in the same sentence.

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
        RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 10:36 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        cornfed Posted - 07/01/2006 : 03:04:29
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Bush and Koizumi went to the Rendezvous. Wet or dry? Who oreder what?

eazy........... the Rendezvous in Memphis only serves dry

cornfed

RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 5:19 PM (permalink)
          I found out they had ribs, barbecue chicken, and pork shoulder. I still don't know what type of ribs. I bet Bush had the chicken. As pictured in many bbq joints in Texas, he used to really chow down. But he seems more health consious these days. He also seemed rather stiff at Graceland, and in a hurry to get the whole thing over with. Koizumi seems like a cool guy to hang out with.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
            RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sat, 07/1/06 8:25 PM (permalink)
            So this is breaking news? WHO CARES?

cornfed

RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Sun, 07/2/06 12:27 AM (permalink)
              Geez, Abdicator. I thought it was funny. Given that Rendezvous and bbq is a subject common to this board and that our prez would actually take a road trip with the Japanese prime minister to Memphis (a city that is much discussed), I found it very apropos. This is supposed to be a fun board. It's a little weird when someone has such nasty posts. Lighten up, bro.

roadrash

• Total Posts: 231
                RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Mon, 07/3/06 2:22 PM (permalink)
                'Tis a shame they couldn't have selected a better BBQ place than the Rendezvous. My wife and I had the worst BBQ we've ever eaten there.

kozel

• Total Posts: 810
                  RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Mon, 07/3/06 2:24 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by cornfed

Geez, Abdicator. I thought it was funny. Given that Rendezvous and bbq is a subject common to this board and that our prez would actually take a road trip with the Japanese prime minister to Memphis (a city that is much discussed), I found it very apropos. This is supposed to be a fun board. It's a little weird when someone has such nasty posts. Lighten up, bro.

You tell 'em.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                    RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Mon, 07/3/06 2:32 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by cornfed

I bet Bush had the chicken.

I don't know if you meant this to be funny or not, but in case you did, I didn't want you to think it slipped by without notice.

If you didn't, well, you made me laugh anyway.

seafarer john

RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Mon, 07/3/06 5:14 PM (permalink)
                      Somebody please finish this little joke:

The President and the Prime Minister walk into a BBQ joint....

Cheers, John

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                        RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Tue, 07/11/06 10:14 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by seafarer john

Cheers, John

Departing from the Prime Minister and dinner, we shall move to breakfast at the White House instead..
                        (Just got this today)

Dick Cheney and George W. Bush were having breakfast at the White House. The attractive waitress asks Cheney what he would like, and he replies, "I'd like a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.""And what can I get for you, Mr. President?" she asks Bush. George W. replies with his trademark wink and slight grin, "How about a
                        quickie this morning?""Why, Mr. President!" the waitress exclaims "How rude! You're starting to act like Mr. Clinton, and you'veonly been in your second term of office for a year! ''As the waitress storms away,Cheney leans over to Bush and whispers. "It's pronounced 'quiche.'"

pigface

• Total Posts: 406
                          RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Tue, 07/11/06 10:42 PM (permalink)

"It's pronounced 'quiche.'"

That's Funny

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                            RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Wed, 07/12/06 12:28 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
                            Originally posted by seafarer john

Cheers, John

Departing from the Prime Minister and dinner, we shall move to breakfast at the White House instead..
                            (Just got this today)

Dick Cheney and George W. Bush were having breakfast at the White House. The attractive waitress asks Cheney what he would like, and he replies, "I'd like a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.""And what can I get for you, Mr. President?" she asks Bush. George W. replies with his trademark wink and slight grin, "How about a
                            quickie this morning?""Why, Mr. President!" the waitress exclaims "How rude! You're starting to act like Mr. Clinton, and you'veonly been in your second term of office for a year! ''As the waitress storms away,Cheney leans over to Bush and whispers. "It's pronounced 'quiche.'"

I agree that's a funny joke. I havn't eaten at the Rendezvous so I can't vouch for the quality of the food. also Take it easy agitator. Let's try to keep this catagory fun and light.

bbqjimbob

• Total Posts: 428
                              RE: President & Prime Minister@ Rendezvous BBQ Wed, 07/12/06 1:35 AM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by stanpnepa

That IS cool!! Lord, forgive me for using "Bush" and "cool" in the same sentence.

Hey- hey, now. What in the hell is wrong with that?! Please don't respond in typical liberal fashion- w/ no actual facts, and no "real" unbiased research- that is, anything apart from the usual dribble, or in other words, BS, that is hand-fed to those people who don't care to find out the truth for themselves! Of course, what is "cool" to one, may not be to another- which is fine, in and of itself. However, it is these kind of general anti-Bush comments, w/ no merit or any real thought, that drive me crazy! OK- I've made my one and only political statement here! Sorry if I've offended anyone- wait- actually, no I'm not!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com