Pretzels anyone?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
mek
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2004/11/16 15:45:16 (permalink)
Snyder's.
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2414
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/04 15:24:12 (permalink)
Has anyone tried Shulz brand Salty Stix? These are an ultra thin pretzel loaded with great pretzel flavor. I'd recommend them if available in your area!
ajewelpsu
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/04 15:30:30 (permalink)
Do they have a website or number where I can reach them? That might be the brand of pretzel that my dad said was like Mr Salty (but they had thrown the box away already).

Amber
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

Has anyone tried Shulz brand Salty Stix? These are an ultra thin pretzel loaded with great pretzel flavor. I'd recommend them if available in your area!
cpa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/15 16:09:50 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ajewelpsu

I was at a local Marcs store and bought my dad some pretzel sticks, and he said they were the closest to Mr. Salty he's ever had. Unfortunately they threw away the box, and Marcs does not have any more (such is the story with discount stores I guess). My parents thought the brans was Schultz or something like that. All I can find online is Schultz pretzel balls. Does anyone know of the pretzel sticks I am referring to? And if not, do you know of any pretzel sticks that are really close to Mr. Salty? My poor dad's been looking for a replacement ever since they stopped making them!

I also came upon Schultz Preztels Ultra Thins and they are indeed Mr. Salty. I had been looking everytime I went into a store for Mr. Salty and one day while shopping a local drug store called Long's Drugs in California I saw the Schultz box and realized they were the same. I continue to look for them, but our Long's only sells them on sale and every so often. Long story short your dad's box was Schultz Ultra Thin Preztels.
LauraMECK
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/15 16:35:47 (permalink)
Last year, I found the little 'to go' container of mini-Mr. Salty pretzles made by Nabisco. That gave me hope that perhaps the company was still making the blue boxes of regular sized three ring pretzles. I got in touch with Nabisco and was disappointed to find out that they are no longer making them (so why do they still sell the little to-go containers?) Anyway, Salty Stix that everyone has been talking about are sold here in Florida. They're not exactly like Mr. Salty, but the closest that I've found.
danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 14:05:17 (permalink)
I'm kind of addicted to the Rold Gold Honey Wheat braided twists. Can't have a sandwich without a few of them on the side.
RubyRose
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 15:21:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by carlton pierre

Ruby, it's quite possible. I'd love to get some more of them. Could you post a phone number sometime if they have one listed on the bag?

carl reitz

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but Utz actually has a website now.
http://www.uniquesplits.com/catalog/nutritionalinfo.php?osCsid=a922977c0a31d9630cec6a4a9c53ebb5
Rusty246
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 16:41:28 (permalink)
quote:

Do they have a website or number where I can reach them? That might be the brand of pretzel that my dad said was like Mr Salty (but they had thrown the box away already).

Amber

quote:

GEEZ! I'm sorry I saw this thread! I went on a eating spree this a.m. and had to put the box in my desk so I'd stop. The box is back out...
I'm looking over the box now, the correct name is "Schultz", not as I had stated before. I see no number or website just that they are manufactured by Shultz Foods, Hanover PA 17331.
Man are they good! I hope you can find them, and hey, they are only a $1.29 a box and the box seems to last forever! A "serving size" is 82 pretzels, 105 calories, 5 fat calories. Now where is my beer???

Rusty246
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 16:42:43 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Amber

quote:

GEEZ! I'm sorry I saw this thread! I went on a eating spree this a.m. and had to put the box in my desk so I'd stop. The box is back out...
I'm looking over the box now, the correct name is "Schultz", not as I had stated before. I see no number or website just that they are manufactured by Shultz Foods, Hanover PA 17331.
Man are they good! I hope you can find them, and hey, they are only a $1.29 a box and the box seems to last forever! A "serving size" is 82 pretzels, 105 calories, 5 fat calories. Now where is my beer???

BTW, I purchase them from Publix.
ajewelpsu
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 18:14:30 (permalink)
quote:

Publix in Florida Publix? Cause I'm in Tampa and I know there's a Publixx down the street! :-D My dad would be ESTASTIC if I came back home with them!

Amber
Theedge
  • Total Posts : 1196
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/17 19:06:35 (permalink)
One of the ladies at works buys just the cheapest type pretzels at Hy-Vee. She puts them in a zip lock bag and than dumps that Orville Redenbacher flavored popcorn oil stuff on them and dry ranch salad dressing mix. Sometimes she throws in some cashews too. I made some once and added some dry habanero powder. Pretty darn good!
Rusty246
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/18 11:37:25 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Publix in Florida Publix? Cause I'm in Tampa and I know there's a Publixx down the street! :-D My dad would be ESTASTIC if I came back home with them!

Amber

Yep, Publix in Fl. I'm in Gainesville. Look for a blue box, green lettering. In our stores they are on the top shelf.
ajewelpsu
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/18 20:14:47 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

Amber

Yep, Publix in Fl. I'm in Gainesville. Look for a blue box, green lettering. In our stores they are on the top shelf.

YAY! I bought my dad 3 boxes! He'll be so surprised when he sees I found them! I think I'll have to have my friends in Florida send me a few boxes a month for him :-)

Thanks so much for the tip!
SpecVeater
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/24 06:23:53 (permalink)
That is funny i work at shultz foods here in hanover. And i get as much as i want of these wonderful products. Just curious how much does a box of salty stix cost.
SpecVeater
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/24 06:32:55 (permalink)
If anyone wants any i might be able to get a few box's when we run them again. We make them in box and 6 lb bags. Just send me a IM at specveater for aol and will try to get some.
RubyRose
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/24 08:25:22 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by oneiron339

There is a pretzel stick co. called Faller's from Reading, PA which has great - yet different from the national brands - pretzel sticks. These are made w/ lard (horrors!) and absolutely wonderful. But they, too, go bad after a week or so. Most times, they don't last that long.

The Fairgounds Farmers' Market in Allentown PA sells bags of Faller's misfits - 2 or 3 pretzel sticks that got stuck together during the cooking process. They're even better than the singles.
ajewelpsu
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/24 09:55:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by SpecVeater

That is funny i work at shultz foods here in hanover. And i get as much as i want of these wonderful products. Just curious how much does a box of salty stix cost.

I paid $1.39/box when I was down in Tampa... I think they were $0.99/box here in Cleveland when I was able to find them.

I would LOVE to be able to get my hands on some more of them... my dad was pleasantly surprised and told me that the 3 boxes I brought back wouldn't last very long at all
SpecVeater
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/03/24 19:46:55 (permalink)
Well Im me on aol and i will see if i can get u some or send me an email at SpecVeater@netscape.net That's funny about they sell the ones we trash because they get stuck together. Not a very easy line to run.
j.roeder
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/04/07 12:10:26 (permalink)
Hi, I live in St. Louis Missouri. I have been looking for Mr. Salty pretzels forever. I just stumbled across this forum by accident. I have been trying to find any information about Schultz foods, and or Schultz pretzels. I can not find any information. I would like to know if they are sold in my area anywhere? Could someone help me?

Many thanks
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5117
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/04 16:32:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by emsmom

I remember going to a pretzel shop in Litiz, PA. I think the name was
Sturgis Pretzel. It was right in the middle of town and had been there for years. Those were good pretzels. But what I really like is a good soft warm pretzel. We have a shop in our local Mall of all things called Pretzel Twister that has the best soft pretzels that I have ever eaten. They are always fresh and I love to eat them with mustard.

Just went to Sturgis pretzel and had the best soft pretzel I ever had...fresh out of their old brick ovens...yum.

They also have started making a bunch of "flavored" pretzels which are quite good...especially the peanut butter filled version! I these may be sold in stores, but not sure when or where.
Rusty246
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/04 17:07:12 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Amber

YAY! I bought my dad 3 boxes! He'll be so surprised when he sees I found them! I think I'll have to have my friends in Florida send me a few boxes a month for him :-)

Thanks so much for the tip!

No problem! I have our whole office addicted to them, in fact, I have yet another box on my desk. I think I'm FINALLY getting an itsy, bitsy, tired of them.
anselmo1
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 126
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/04 17:08:57 (permalink)
I am partial to Bachman's and Anderson brands both from PA. Especially like the pretzel "nubs" that both companies make. Got hooked on 1 cent Bachman Pretzel sticks as a kid at all the local Mom & Pop stores.
ajewelpsu
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/04 17:11:54 (permalink)
quote:

No problem! I have our whole office addicted to them, in fact, I have yet another box on my desk. I think I'm FINALLY getting an itsy, bitsy, tired of them.

haha. The last time I went to Florida, I forgot to buy my dad some pretzels... I seriously think he was about to disown me when I didn't show up with them!

Good thing I have friends in FLA that can mail me some!

Amber
LauraMECK
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/04 17:42:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by anselmo1

I am partial to Bachman's and Anderson brands both from PA. Especially like the pretzel "nubs" that both companies make. Got hooked on 1 cent Bachman Pretzel sticks as a kid at all the local Mom & Pop stores.

Ahhh, Bachman's pretzel rods and an egg cream. What I wouldn't give!
:)
laurelwood lou
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/06 08:44:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by SpecVeater

I have been trying to get a mailing address so I can send a letter to the President of Schultz Foods. I love the Fan Tas Stix in the Deli-Pack, but don't see how you can advertise no "Trans Fat", when the list of ingredients includes "Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil" which is what trans fat is. Trans fat will clog your heart arteries and will kill you. Most pretzels do not contain this very harmful ingredient.
mek
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/06 09:34:30 (permalink)
I recently tried Utz pumpernickel minirods and Snyder's pumpernickel and onion minirods.
I am now hooked.
Hughs500
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/10 15:24:52 (permalink)
For the record!
Hanover Pennsylvania is the snack food capital of the world.
It is noted so for the diversity and the incredible volumes of products that leave this town. Shultz Foods, Utz Quality Snacks, Snyders of Hanover, Bickle's Potato Chip/Wege Pretzel, and Revonah Pretzel are all located in Hanover. Shultz Foods is the largest pretzel factory under one roof in the world. Utz and Snyder have such a diverse girth of snacks, the world copies their creativeness.
Hughs500
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/10 15:33:22 (permalink)
A question asked very often by visitors to the area. Why so many snack food companies in Hanover or this region. And how do you exist with all the competition. Hanover was a predominently German heritage. There was lots of creativity and ingenuity. Shultz, Wege, Snyder, and Utz all were smaller family business started in the 1800's and later. Utz and Snyder are predominatly store door delivery with their own route trucks, much like Frito Lay aka the Evil Empire (the giant). Shultz is a private label manufacturer. There is mention of Salty Stix in many of these postings. Shultz was the contractor for Nabisco before they were separated from RJ Reynolds (tobacco). So the Salty stix you are seeing are the original formual and bake as one would expect that you are seeing on "in and outs" around the country. Publix, Kroger, Costco are regulars for this product.
Hope this helps
CheeseWit
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/10 15:43:34 (permalink)
Hughs500: You use some terms that are only known to insiders of the grocery store business...such as "store door delivery" and "in and outs". I spent 20 years in the food business as sales manager of two food manufacturers. Are you in the business?
danstanick
Junior Burger
RE: Pretzels anyone? 2005/05/11 09:58:34 (permalink)
If you live near a Cost Plus World Market (www.costplusworldmarket.com) you might see if you can find the 3# bag of Shultz Salty Stix. It's a good buy at 3.99, and has a resealable zip lock closure to keep them fresh.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1