Originally posted by signman
By the way Howard, what were some of the other places featured on the Travel Channel show? Unfortunately my cable company doesn't offer that channel.
I found this listing on a message board. I've pared it down some, but this is the list.
Pig Out Places - list
10. Big Texan, Amarillo, TX - 72 oz steak - finish steak plus potato and veggies, in 1 hour and its free.
9. Cluck U Chicken, Newark DE - hot wings
8. Pointers Pizza, St Louis MO - 28 " pizza - 10 lbs, 2 meat toppings - if 2 people can eat one in an hour you get $500. Only 6 teams have ever done it. (http://www.pointersdelivery.com)
7. Primanti Brothers - Pittsburgh, PA (http://www.primantibros.com) - a big hunk of grilled meat and chilly cole slaw and hot fried egg and fresh tomato and crisp French fries between two slabs of chewy Italian bread that you could hardly fit into your mouth?
6. Ben and Jerrys - Vermonster - 20 scoops of ice cream, etc...
5. Acme Oyster House - New Orleans LA, all you can eat oysters - someone ate 12 dozen in 5 mins
4. Beths Cafe - Seattle, WA - 12 egg omelette
3. Seiad Valley Cafe, Seiad Valley, CA - 5 16? oz pancakes
2. Eagles Deli, Boston MA
6 - 8 oz burgers & 5 lbs of fries is called a "Reilly burger"
7 - 8 oz patties, and 5 lbs of fries is the "COLLETTE burger"
1. Lamberts cafe - Sikeston, MO (Throwed Rolls)
The only one that didn't strike me as appetizing was Lamberts. From the looks of things they just slop it all together on your plate. Pigging out is fine if the food is worthwhile, but gruel is gruel.