The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Prime Rib flavored hamburgers?

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
Prime Rib flavored hamburgers? Wed, 06/28/06 10:11 PM (permalink)
My local Jewel food store has these on a special, 2# of prime rib flavored frozen patties for $6.99 with their loyalty card. I buy a box for future use (we'll be gone to the Mississippi Valley Blues fest) and I get an Aldi's circular the next day for I think the same price. I've never tried any flavored patties unless you count those pizzaburgers of my youth. Anyone have one? If so what's the verdict? I think they're 1/3# 'ers so they should be at least OK! The Quad Cities have me ready for Jim's BBQ and The Blue Cat for salads loaded with duck cracklin's, both in Rock Island. Both Iowa food groups, fried and grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches will be at the Fest and along with the outstanding Sunday breakfast at Pat McGuires and a mountain at Ross's I will be needing some extra statins Chow er Ciao

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
    RE: Prime Rib flavored hamburgers? Wed, 06/28/06 11:09 PM (permalink)
    How do they flavor them?

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
      RE: Prime Rib flavored hamburgers? Wed, 06/28/06 11:14 PM (permalink)
      MFL, you can color me stoopid 'cause I just ain't gettin' it. Prime rib flavored patties??? Based on our afternoon spent together tracking down Italian Beef sandwiches, and your Milwaukee dining recommendations, I know you are not stoopid, so I must be missing something. So fill me in; what is the allure of a prime rib flavored patty? Is there a truly discernible difference between a regular hamburger and one that has somehow been flavored (sorry, I just can't get away from that) to taste like prime rib.

Anyway, have a great trip to the Quads. Enjoy Jim's and don't forget to try the potato salad.

Buddy

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
        RE: Prime Rib flavored hamburgers? Wed, 07/12/06 6:47 AM (permalink)
        Well I finally tried them. They didn't taste quite like a cut of prime rib. They did taste like I was eating a very tender sirloin steak inside my bun. As a novelty item, I found it a nice change of pace and I'd buy them again, but certainly not to the exclusion of ground chuck. Just like a bleu cheese or olive burger, they are tasty burgers you wouldn't want every time you felt like a burger.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com