Prince's, Nashville after Dark

Author
Davwud
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 530
2012/12/18 07:06:47 (permalink)

Prince's, Nashville after Dark

Hey Gang

Mrs. Sippi and I have been trying to get to Prince's Hot Chicken in Nashville for a few years now. During the summer we finally made it. Only to find we were an hour and a half early.
As of right now it looks like we'll be heading through Nashville on a Saturday night around 6pm in a couple weeks. We know the area is a little dodgy but are wondering if we really need to worry about anything. The area doesn't look to be all that great.

Thanks in advance.
DT

6 Replies Related Threads

MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4275
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 07:28:58 (permalink)
    The neighborhood is part of the overall experience.  Fear not, the people of Nashville are good, decent folk.

From my years of experience visiting Washington, D.C. "after dark" I have noted that "bad things" rarely occur before midnight.  By that time you and the Mrs. Sippi will be well-fed and safely ensconsed in the Embassy Suites.

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10493
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 09:50:45 (permalink)
    Davwud-
    Two of my three visits to Prince's Hot Chicken have been after 9:00PM and we never felt unsafe in anyway.  While it is always good to be aware of your surroundings, you will be fine.
    post edited by buffetbuster - 2012/12/18 11:15:05
    Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2320
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 09:55:09 (permalink)
    The only thing you need worry about in that neighborhood is substandard chicken.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7956
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 10:02:46 (permalink)
    Not only did I feel, safe, but I would have walked from downtown Nashville had it not been raining buckets when I visited.

Poverty Pete is soughta right. I prefer Boltons, however if you do go to Bolton's instead, try to get there early when the old man is there, not the rest of the folk who work there and have attitude.
    Davwud
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 530
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 11:07:26 (permalink)
    wanderingjew

Not only did I feel, safe, but I would have walked from downtown Nashville had it not been raining buckets when I visited.

Poverty Pete is soughta right. I prefer Boltons, however if you do go to Bolton's instead, try to get there early when the old man is there, not the rest of the folk who work there and have attitude.

I won't pretend to think that Prince's is the best. It's just the original and a must do experience. I'll blog about NHC and want my first blog post to be from Prince's.
    After that, I'm open to try any and all that people say is great.

Thanks gang.
    DT
    Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 467
    Re:Prince's, Nashville after Dark 2012/12/18 14:45:15 (permalink)
    Y'all bring books if you're coming after dark.  It could be a very long wait.

The only sketchy thing that I experienced during my lengthy visit was some guy trying to unload a brand-new pack of men's T-shirts to anybody who'd take him up on it.  Kinda got the idea he'd pilfered the package from the clothing store in the strip mall a couple of minutes previously.

Well, flames shooting out of my eyeballs when I dug into my chicken a little later on, yeah, that was pretty sketchy, too, I guess.  Go by Pied Piper Creamery and have your dessert standing by first!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1