Helpful ReplyHot!Products that I really like

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5022
RE: Products that I really like 2014/10/25 16:20:24 (permalink)
iceomat
Michael Hoffman
FriedClamFanatic
2 year supply?......doesn't it get like rock crystals after a soggy humid summer?

It never gets humid in the Dallas area. Summers are cool and crisp there.

Bazinga!

We got these doohickies down hur that keeps the tempachur in da haus pretty kumfortabl no matter what's goin on outdoors.

In any case, we store the 'supply' in the Butler's Pantry, not in the Carriage House; no problems before, none anticipated this time. 
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2080
RE: Products that I really like 2014/11/04 17:09:54 (permalink)
Wikipedia:
I use it often to find out stuff like most recently: Who did "Never Been Any Reason", which after all this time is still played on "classic" radio. BTW, the group was "Head East" and the writer was Michael A. Somorville, who was not with the band for long. The Wikipedia story also explains how 2 mini moogs were used (by mistake) to create that unique sound. 

It is from the album Flat as a Pancake, and there is a Roadfood connection. The diner shown on the album back is the Rite-Way Diner in Olivette, MO. The diner now operates as Olivette Diner. I don't see many reviews for it on this site, although other sites rate it very highly.

Pre computer and Wikipedia, I'd have never learned that without buying beers or lunch for my retired DJ friend..........and even he may not have known.
post edited by tmiles - 2014/11/10 08:10:13
tmiles
RE: Products that I really like 2014/11/10 08:12:00 (permalink)
Modern shoe laces. As a kid, I used to have to replace them after a couple of months. Now, they mostly last the life of the shoe.
FriedClamFanatic
  • Total Posts : 1992
RE: Products that I really like 2014/11/10 16:31:13 (permalink)
Nah....the shoelaces are the same.it's the shoes (made in Bangladesh or Bhutan or somewhere)! They wear out
tmiles
RE: Products that I really like 2015/01/18 10:52:28 (permalink)
In an earlier post, I mentioned Dr Rub BBQ sauce. In the paper I see that the "original" guy is trying to crowd fund $75k, to restart under a new name. His former "handshake" partners think that he has no right to the name, so he has changed it........bla, bla, bla.

Sounds like a lot of drama over a sauce that could be easily reproduced by Kraft, and that was never produced in commercial quantities. They made and sold a few 5 gallon batches.

I will not be investing.  
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 970
RE: Products that I really like 2015/02/04 13:41:31 (permalink)
Light Keeper Pro ... fixes Christmas light strands (yes, yes, I know ... Tfeh).
This thing works great.  Really a surprise.  I should have gotten one years ago. Like it says: Plug - Click - Fixed.  It really is that easy. 
The only "gun" you can legitimately use to fix problems and reduce stress at the holidays.

MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: Products that I really like 2015/02/15 09:36:11 (permalink)
tmiles
Wikipedia:
I use it often to find out stuff like most recently: Who did "Never Been Any Reason", which after all this time is still played on "classic" radio. BTW, the group was "Head East" and the writer was Michael A. Somorville, who was not with the band for long. The Wikipedia story also explains how 2 mini moogs were used (by mistake) to create that unique sound. 

It is from the album Flat as a Pancake, and there is a Roadfood connection. The diner shown on the album back is the Rite-Way Diner in Olivette, MO. The diner now operates as Olivette Diner. I don't see many reviews for it on this site, although other sites rate it very highly.

Pre computer and Wikipedia, I'd have never learned that without buying beers or lunch for my retired DJ friend..........and even he may not have known.

Indeed, I love Wiki.

Sure, every now and then some vandal makes a stupid edit (I once corrected an obscene, gratuitous, irrelevant remark about his son in the entry about John Foster Dulles) but studies have shown - because of the open editing - that there are fewer factual errors in Wikipedia than in the Encyclopedia Britannica.

And, the really cool thing is that one can 'fact check' any entry by using a search engine.  I am so grateful to Al Gore for inventing the internet!

MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/02 15:40:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mar52 2015/05/02 15:44:06
I  Nuance's Dragon V. 13.0 'Naturally Speaking" voice to text software so much I started a new thread on it.

If you are:
  • visually impaired
  • a poor typist
  • think more quickly that you can type
  • or just lazy
you willthis software. 

Truly, as all four of the above apply to me, it's a miracle and a dream come true.
IndianaPete
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 89
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/02 19:30:44 (permalink)
Gillette ProGlide
fig preserves
sour cream blueberry pie
Nasacort
Keens wading sandals
RainX
Contact lenses
Morphine
POH dental floss unwaxed
Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dunkel
Angel Soft
Electric fans
BLTs
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9516
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/02 19:32:46 (permalink)
Morphine can be a good thing.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/03 08:45:59 (permalink)
mar52

I'll say.  I hope my supply gets me through January 20, 2017.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8900
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/03 21:59:37 (permalink)
IndianaPete
Gillette ProGlide
fig preserves
sour cream blueberry pie
Nasacort
Keens wading sandals
RainX
Contact lenses
Morphine
POH dental floss unwaxed
Erdinger Hefe-Weizen Dunkel
Angel Soft
Electric fans
BLTs

The only one thing here I can identify with is contact lenses.......I hate glasses and love my lenses.  What is morphene? 
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4832
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/05 10:03:16 (permalink)
mar52
Just had 2 shots last night.
Stay at stage 3 as long as you can,Marlene :)
FriedClamFanatic
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/05 12:43:53 (permalink)
on a whole different note....

I have a back patio behind my garage.  I was all dirt and weeds when I moved in,  Since there is a foundation around it and is raised well above ground level, I decided to change it. 

First planted Forsythia all around for privacy.  Perfect as a private sunning patio, except not much sun due to garage and trees.  bought in about 6 inches of sand, there was plenty of room. covered all that with a double layer of 4mil plastic, then added about 4 inches of white marble chips.  It is abut 8X28 in dimensions (back of a roomy 3 car garage).

Thing went swimmingly for many years. we'd drag out a table and have outdoor dinners there in summer.  Had one of those round low firepit things (free standing) for cool autumn nights.

After about 15 years or so, started to get some new weeds. the type would probably grow on asphalt.  dust and dirt off the garage roof gave them just enough purchase.  Used to rake or hand pull stuff like dandelions, but that was a lot of work,

This year, there is a lot of "duckweed" type crud growing,  Too big and area for Roundup.  My wife suggested I try Rock salt, but we didn't have any, and even that is not cheap anymore.

Then it hit me. I usually get salt pellets in the yellow bag for my water softener.  last trip I picked up a bag of the more mundane and cheaper Salt Crystals (blue bag), deciding to give it a try. It's a 50 lb bag, so no way I was lugging it to the basement for the softener.  Transferred a cple of regular buckets worth to the patio and just sprinkled it every where. Used bout half the bag. Good thing is the salt looks just like the marble chips, only cleaner.  Rain is forecast for tonight to see if it does its magic!

Will keep the balance for future occurences if it works, or take it downstairs if not now that it is manageable.

So....for 1/3 the price of rock salt and 1/330 the price of Roundup ( not to mention the pain spraying), I got my hopes. Was very careful not to put any too close to the edges less it leached through.
WarToad
  • Total Posts : 2007
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/05 13:53:58 (permalink)
FriedClamFanatic
Then it hit me. I usually get salt pellets in the yellow bag for my water softener.  last trip I picked up a bag of the more mundane and cheaper Salt Crystals (blue bag), deciding to give it a try. It's a 50 lb bag, so no way I was lugging it to the basement for the softener.  Transferred a cple of regular buckets worth to the patio and just sprinkled it every where. Used bout half the bag. Good thing is the salt looks just like the marble chips, only cleaner.  Rain is forecast for tonight to see if it does its magic!

Will keep the balance for future occurences if it works, or take it downstairs if not now that it is manageable.

So....for 1/3 the price of rock salt and 1/330 the price of Roundup ( not to mention the pain spraying), I got my hopes. Was very careful not to put any too close to the edges less it leached through.

I believe the water softener salt is calcium chloride, the same as what you melt ice on sidewalks with. (The bag should say calcium chloride)  It's safe for your sidewalk because it's safe with grass, flowers, your lawn in general.  Table salt and rock salt is sodium chloride, which while being tasty on food, is pure poison to your lawn.  Let me know how your experiment goes, but I think you may have to fork over for something more aggressive.
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9516
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/05 15:13:55 (permalink)
1bbqboy
mar52
Just had 2 shots last night.
Stay at stage 3 as long as you can,Marlene :)

Thank you, I'm trying.  Having blood work done this afternoon.
FriedClamFanatic
RE: Products that I really like 2015/05/05 23:08:27 (permalink)
WarToad....thanks for the info.  I checked the bag and it did say SODIUM Chloride, so I guess I'm still in business.

The proof will be in the next few days
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2015 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1