Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies)

Author
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 759
2012/03/23 21:02:36 (permalink)

Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies)

Was thinking of promo items to keep my name out there. OK, biz cards, no brainer, Done that.Punch cards, done that.Good internet presence, done that.....
Went to a trade show the other day and came home with 3  Koozies.
Thought, why not plaster my name on one that people walk around with. At festivals and events, in the summer, I'm thinking folks will want thier drinks kept cold. Print on it a .25 discount on it to bring them back, and refill.
Sell for .50....give away with Full Meals.
post edited by jcheese - 2012/03/23 21:04:18

10 Replies Related Threads

RJT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/23 21:46:04 (permalink)
    Not a bad option to consider. I myself am not sure if it is the best form of advertising in general. Advertising to me is getting a business name out. If someone is walking around holding a koozie with your name on it how are others going to see and read the name? If you are working festivals I would consider helium ballons with your name on them to give away with meals or just hand out to the kids to walk around with.
    Another way to work a crowd at a festival is have walkers hand out coupons for your cart. We did that (not with a hot dog cart) at an event and it did great. We had a huge ballon high in the air so people could find our trailer. Our coupon walker would hand them the coupon that said free ice tea with meal purchase and tell them it is the both with the ballon high in the air.

Ballons are fairly cheap to buy, print your name and hand out. Found the on the net for $260 for 1000 ballons printed on two sides. Free set up, etc.

Coupons can be  printed for free on your computer.....
    post edited by RJT - 2012/03/23 21:56:47
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/23 21:54:35 (permalink)
    Koozies are a good promo.  I have some from 1995 (the date is printed on them) that I still use all the time. 
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10204
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/23 23:07:41 (permalink)
    For a 1 to 3 day event, balloons are good. They create urgency when people see them.
    For everyday name recognition, Koozies are better for repeat business. The situation determines the best way to go.
    RJT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/23 23:28:23 (permalink)
    Foodbme

For a 1 to 3 day event, balloons are good. They create urgency when people see them.
    For everyday name recognition, Koozies are better for repeat business. The situation determines the best way to go.

I agree, if it is at your "regular spot" the koozies would be a nice touch. At festivals I think the coupon walkers or ballons would work best. I may order some koozies myself to hand out to my regular spot customers. PM me a link if you know a good deal on some and I can do the same with the ballons I found if you like.....

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/24 04:12:38 (permalink)
    Balloons are cheap. Helium is in short-supply and high-demand right now...

http://charlotte.news14.c...rth-carolina-retailers
    gww
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/24 09:56:30 (permalink)
    The coozie idea might work great at a bar scene where they serve canned and/or bottled beers... "Get a free bag of chips with any XYZ purchase when you present this coozie."  Get as many people in the bar as possible walking around with your coozie each night...  you'll start seeing the coozies coming back night after night (repeat business) and if enough people carry them then new bar patrons might want one, too (new business).

Maybe even do away with the combo deals (dogs + chips) and make the coozie take its place.... "show up with this coozie and get a free bag of chips when you buy two dogs."

Also, perhaps the bar will want a piece of the coozie action and pay for some of them if they can brand it?   

g
    post edited by gww - 2012/03/24 10:04:11
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/03/24 19:31:40 (permalink)
    For some reason when I think of those can things I also think about products like...

Visors
    Fanny packs
    Velcro shoes
    Ambervision sunglasses
    samy5
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/11/14 15:26:35 (permalink)
    A pizza place near me does that. They give out koozies when you buy a beer with a meal. I have a few laying around my house also. They order them from Custom Koozy in houston .I was looking at getting some myself a few weeks back also.
    PurpleDog
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/11/15 21:30:34 (permalink)
    I hope this is not against the forum rules, but I am a promotional products distributor and would be happy to speak with anyone regarding promo items. I have some great deals on coolie cups, hats, pens, magnetic business cards, and other items. If your customer walks away with only a dog and a soft drink, you are missing an opportunity to keep your name in front of him or her !

My website has all my contact info; check me out at PurpleDogPromotions dot com.  Mention ROADFOOD with your order and get a 5% discount. 

By the way Roadfood: you need to sell RoadFood hats and tshirts ! And I'd be happy to sell them to you. =)

post edited by PurpleDog - 2012/11/15 21:35:17
    Lost Nation
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re:Promo Items....Can Cozys(Koozies) 2012/11/16 07:01:07 (permalink)
    I hate the promos that vender's give away. I typically decline them but if I end up getting them I go to the first trash (out of eye site) I see and throw them away. The only thing I keep are the key chains, I take the ring off them (use to replace the rings on my easy-up tents) and throw the tags away.

The only thing I give away are coupons for a free pulled pork sandwich. I got a rubber stamp made and stamp the back of my business cards. Before I open every season I take cards and menu's to local business. Most of my business is lunch from the business in my area.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1