The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Pumpkin Cheesecake

apronstrings

• Total Posts: 14
Pumpkin Cheesecake Sun, 06/11/06 9:27 AM (permalink)
Anyone have a DROP DEAD Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe? I need one that has the texture of a New York cheesecake. I've been making 2 fantastic ones from Epicurious.com for a few years, and would like a change.

bbqjimbob

• Total Posts: 428
    RE: Pumpkin Cheesecake Sat, 07/8/06 12:06 AM (permalink)
    Here's my recipe- whether it's "DROP DEAD", or not- you'll have to decide! I've sold lots of them, and fortunately, no one has ever dropped dead after eating it!

3- 8oz Philadelphia cream cheese- don't skimp and use generic!
    1 cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese just until smooth- don't over beat it. Slowly add sugar, then add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat after each egg, until it is mixed in. Add vanilla, incorporate into batter.

Mix 1 cup of Libby's pumpkin (not the pie mix w/ spices added), 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp ground ginger. To this add 1 cup of the cheesecake batter. Mix well.

For the crust- grind 1&1/2 packages (The plastic packages inside a box- 3 to a box- of graham crackers.) Add enough melted butter- app 1&1/2 stix (add a little at a time, until you have the right consistency) to the crumbs, along w/ a dash of salt and a tsp of sugar. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10" springform pan (greased and floured).

Pour the batter (W/O the pumpkin mix) into the springform pan. Next, add the pumpkin mix into the springform pan, and swirl with 1 or 2 fingers, so as to create a marble effect. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until set, but not too firm.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com