The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Question about Ruth Chris Steak House

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 75
SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 11:03 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Greymo

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I've always found Ruth's Chris to be quite good. I've never had bad service or a bad steak there. It costs more than a Lone Star or whatever, but it's not expensive.

I am, however, wondering why this isn't in the Fast Food, Franchise, non-roadfood chain etc. ghetto.

Now this is a guy that I would love to date! How about you, Sassy?
Only if he is picking up the $100 or more bill at Ruth's Chris (my momma didn't raise no fool!).

ctrueder

• Total Posts: 104
    RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 3:39 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mack184

I guess everyone has different expereinces. We often go to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for weekend getaways. We also often go to the RC in Baltimore. We have never had a bad meal there, and we have had fine service. In fact, the last time we were there, we filled out a comment card, and we received a personally written thank-you note from our waiter.

Oh LAWDY!

I guess you went to the same RC that I and my wife went to . . . BUT apparently on a different night! I suspect that "service" is not so much the "issue" here . . . at least among our friends here in Columbia . . . as PRICES/VALUE.

While most folks (I should say, our friends) in Columbia don't normally worry too much about "PRICES", they also don't particularly enjoy being "mugged."

And, as a consensus, that's what they felt happened to them after visiting RC on the IH.

-Tricky-

• Total Posts: 305
      RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 4:10 PM (permalink)
      High end steakhouses are all about the price range of Ruth's Chris. You pay for Prime quality. That's really all there is to it. It's expensive but not overpriced. There's a definite distinction.

It's a completely different meal, different experience, different steak than at a mid-range place. You're getting a meal worth your $50/person.

(And if you really think that you get a better steak at Outback than at Ruth's Chris, I suspect you're eating it well done where the difference between Select, Choice, Prime becomes a moot point. Cook the heck out of a steak and it's going to taste like shoe leather, regardless of what grade of meat it is. But, more power to you.)

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
        RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 4:27 PM (permalink)
        I have never eaten at one,but any restaraunt where you order everything alcarte is automatically expsensive to me. I prefer to buy my own steaks from H.E.B.Grocery Stores and cook my own,or once in a while go to Texas Road House in Live Oak,up next door to the Live Oak Regal Cinema.

ctrueder

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 4:53 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by -Tricky-

High end steakhouses are all about the price range of Ruth's Chris. You pay for Prime quality. That's really all there is to it. It's expensive but not overpriced. There's a definite distinction.

It's a completely different meal, different experience, different steak than at a mid-range place. You're getting a meal worth your $50/person.

(And if you really think that you get a better steak at Outback than at Ruth's Chris, I suspect you're eating it well done where the difference between Select, Choice, Prime becomes a moot point. Cook the heck out of a steak and it's going to taste like shoe leather, regardless of what grade of meat it is. But, more power to you.)

Sorry, Tricky, but I totally disagree. Indeed, my wife and I visited an Outback Steakhouse last Saturday, and I have taken the liberty of including our REVIEW of that establishment (sans photos) as distributed to our fellow foodies (on other forums):

Review - Outback Steakhouse (Ellicott, MD)
          By Dr. C xxxxxxxxxx

Outback Steakhouse®
          www.outbacksteakhouse.com
          4420 Long Gate Pkwy
          Ellicott City, MD 21043
          (410) 480-0472

PHOTO DELETED

Although we have dined at numerous Outback Steakhouses, this was our first time to visit the one in Ellicott City, Maryland. We arrived about 4:00 P.M. on Saturday, August 5, 2006, with Steak in mind . . . two hungry carnivores.

I ordered the 12-ounce “Outback Style Prime Rib”, medium rare. Elizabeth chose the “Outback Special®” - a 9-ounce center-cut sirloin, medium.

From past experience, we learned (with some difficulty) to by-pass our beloved “Bloomin’ Onion®” and the other Aussie-Tizers® . We wanted to be able to finish our entrée today!

Elizabeth was pleased with her steak, rating it an 8 (on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the “best.”). That’s pretty good for Elizabeth, as she is not a huge fan of beef steak (“I was just in a red meat mood,” she commented).

PHOTO DELETED... Still waiting for a refill on the bread!

My 12-ounce slab of prime rib was a beautiful hunk of meat. Cooked perfectly medium-rare and exhibiting all the characteristics of GREAT prime rib. BUT, it was NOT as hot as I like (the plate was barely warm) and the “au jus” was disgusting!

I asked our INATTENTIVE waiter for some horseradish sauce . . . SAUCE! . . . and he brought me pure commercially-prepared HORSERADISH. I have NEVER ordered a beef prime rib anywhere, that the restaurant did not provide horseradish SAUCE automatically.

I selected the “jacketed potato” as a side dish, and it was very good. Elizabeth enjoyed her garlic mashed potatoes as well. We agreed that the Caesar Salads were excellent.

About the waiter: as mentioned, he was inattentive . . . seemed to be more interested in a young girl he was also serving. My wife’s request for a refill of her Outback lemonade was never honored (until we flagged down a passing bar waitress). We were not offered or served ice water. Our request for a “second loaf” of bread (which is delicious, I might add) was met with a perceived exasperation and finally served “stabbed” on a butter knife . . . then “plopped” on our existing plate.

This server, I feel, was an exception to most Outback Steakhouse® servers, but a glaring exception, indeed. He should be “trained”, in my opinion.

The tab (without gratuity) was a nearly even $40.00.

My “rating”:

Quality of food - 9
          Atmosphere - 8 ½
          Value - 8 ½
          Service - 5
          OVERALL - 7

Recommended? Yes, but this particular Outback Steakhouse® is a bit “rough around the edges.” Definitely not up to par with other units we have visited.

Comparing Outback Steakhouse to Ruth's Chris is comparing apples to rotten oranges . . . and I think I KNOW the distinction.

roadrash

• Total Posts: 231
            RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 5:06 PM (permalink)
            I once ate at the RC's in Dallas. Nothing remarkable about it except my lone lingering memory is that of feeling as though I was eating in a funeral home. Ancient clientele, dark yet sterile surroundings, lots and lots of huge ugly flowers.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
              RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Mon, 08/7/06 8:38 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by ctrueder

quote:
              Originally posted by -Tricky-

Sorry, Tricky, but I totally disagree. Indeed, my wife and I visited an Outback Steakhouse last Saturday, and I have taken the liberty of including our REVIEW of that establishment (sans photos) as distributed to our fellow foodies (on other forums):

Review - Outback Steakhouse (Ellicott, MD)
              By Dr. C xxxxxxxxxx

Outback Steakhouse®
              www.outbacksteakhouse.com
              4420 Long Gate Pkwy
              Ellicott City, MD 21043
              (410) 480-0472

PHOTO DELETED

Although we have dined at numerous Outback Steakhouses, this was our first time to visit the one in Ellicott City, Maryland. We arrived about 4:00 P.M. on Saturday, August 5, 2006, with Steak in mind . . . two hungry carnivores.

I ordered the 12-ounce “Outback Style Prime Rib”, medium rare. Elizabeth chose the “Outback Special®” - a 9-ounce center-cut sirloin, medium.

From past experience, we learned (with some difficulty) to by-pass our beloved “Bloomin’ Onion®” and the other Aussie-Tizers® . We wanted to be able to finish our entrée today!

Elizabeth was pleased with her steak, rating it an 8 (on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the “best.”). That’s pretty good for Elizabeth, as she is not a huge fan of beef steak (“I was just in a red meat mood,” she commented).

PHOTO DELETED... Still waiting for a refill on the bread!

My 12-ounce slab of prime rib was a beautiful hunk of meat. Cooked perfectly medium-rare and exhibiting all the characteristics of GREAT prime rib. BUT, it was NOT as hot as I like (the plate was barely warm) and the “au jus” was disgusting!

I asked our INATTENTIVE waiter for some horseradish sauce . . . SAUCE! . . . and he brought me pure commercially-prepared HORSERADISH. I have NEVER ordered a beef prime rib anywhere, that the restaurant did not provide horseradish SAUCE automatically.

I selected the “jacketed potato” as a side dish, and it was very good. Elizabeth enjoyed her garlic mashed potatoes as well. We agreed that the Caesar Salads were excellent.

About the waiter: as mentioned, he was inattentive . . . seemed to be more interested in a young girl he was also serving. My wife’s request for a refill of her Outback lemonade was never honored (until we flagged down a passing bar waitress). We were not offered or served ice water. Our request for a “second loaf” of bread (which is delicious, I might add) was met with a perceived exasperation and finally served “stabbed” on a butter knife . . . then “plopped” on our existing plate.

This server, I feel, was an exception to most Outback Steakhouse® servers, but a glaring exception, indeed. He should be “trained”, in my opinion.

The tab (without gratuity) was a nearly even $40.00.

My “rating”:

Quality of food - 9
              Atmosphere - 8 ½
              Value - 8 ½
              Service - 5
              OVERALL - 7

Recommended? Yes, but this particular Outback Steakhouse® is a bit “rough around the edges.” Definitely not up to par with other units we have visited.

Comparing Outback Steakhouse to Ruth's Chris is comparing apples to rotten oranges . . . and I think I KNOW the distinction.

Most Outbacks that I patronize give above average services. Must admit I patronize same only when on business trips. Never been to RC's, but then I realize that OB's was not up to my expectations, either. It was convienent, though. The best steak I ever had was cooked by myself. NO restaurant can live up to my expectations. I can always find something wrong with whatever, etc. My recent travel adventures have concluded that I can buy a good piece of meat (or three) & cook same on the grill at the establishment I am staying at. In the meantime, I have some jumbo bakers in the oven in my room along with a nice, fresh salad that I prepared earlier. Delicious. My spouse often travels with me and as of yet; no complaints

-Tricky-

• Total Posts: 305
                RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 1:12 PM (permalink)
                Yeah, Outback food quality 9 says it all.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                  RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 2:50 PM (permalink)
                  I too, am a fan of Outback, but I only order their coconut fried shrimp (love their dipping sauce too). It use to be an appitizer (and still is), but you can order it as an entree and you get twice as much shrimp, plus a side. I order it with a salad (which I think OB makes a wonderful side salad) and with their great brown bread it is probably one of my favorite meals of all when I eat out.

I think with any steak place (be it a high end or low end price restaurant)that ordering and getting a good steak is like winning at a slot machine. Your lucky when you get a great steak and you can't win all the time. I have payed dearly for a bad steak and less than $10 for one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Luck of the draw I say.

ctrueder

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 2:51 PM (permalink)
                    To: Adjudicator

I agree that the BEST steaks (at least "BEST" according to our each and own individual taste) are cooked at home. No way can commercial establishments "read the minds" of each and every individual customer.

But, that's not what I perceived this thread was about.

A "steakhouse" whether it be Ruth's Chris or Outback, in my opinion, should attempt to serve a GOOD meal with GOOD quality ingredients at anHONEST price.

I think that Outback does that. Their steaks (meat) are top-quality . . . and I have been eating "steaks" for nearly a half-century!

Ruth's Chris steaks are also "top quality" . . . BUT . . . they see fit to charge, for ONE STEAK, more than an entire meal for TWO PEOPLE would cost at Outback or most other reputable steakhouses.

SORRY, but I think they are borderline crooks.

But, HEY, if you're a "yuppie" with more money than you know how to spend . . . then by all means, load the soccer-kids into the SUV . . . truck on down to RC and "blow a wad."

After all, when your "plastic" is maxed out, you can always declare bankruptcy.

Adjudicator

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 8:15 PM (permalink)
                      I have found mostly good steaks at OBs. However, the last one I had was mediocre. I ate it anyway & still left a decent tip. I have had good steaks at the Longhorn Steakhouse chain also; in fact their track record so far with me is a bit higher quality wise than OB. I think the biggest factor in my steak preferences revolve around my fondness of extremely rare in the finished product. Thus, the raw product quality is of utmost importance. If the piece of meat has hidden tendon/gristle, et.al., then the steak quality is diminished, IMO.

No this is not me; only rare steak galore:

YUM-YUM...

Also. I am too old to be called a "yuppie". In my days, among other things; I was called a "hippy".

Sundancer7

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 8:42 PM (permalink)
                        I like Outback but recently I have noticed that they sear their steaks to the point that the outer portion was seared so hard that it was tough but the interior was OK. I do not like it that way.

I have always enjoyed the Outback and their taste is very good.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

Adjudicator

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 8:48 PM (permalink)
                          If the sear is thin; then thats the way I like 'em.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
                            RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 10:01 PM (permalink)
                            quote:

Ruth's Chris steaks are also "top quality" . . . BUT . . . they see fit to charge, for ONE STEAK, more than an entire meal for TWO PEOPLE would cost at Outback or most other reputable steakhouses.

The way I see this argument is that if you feel that the steaks at Outback are just as tasty as the ones you can get at Ruth's Chris then there is absolutley no reason to pay that much more to get one. I enjoy most of the mid-price steak houses myself (with the exception of Texas Roadhouse - I am 0 for 3 with that one). However, some people, myslef included, really do find the prime steakhouse cuts to have a much better flavor and I think it is worth the extra cost to get one every now and then. My wife and I go to one in this range about every 6 months. I don't think they are crooks becasue I find the steaks so much more flavorful that I still feel like I get my money's worth even at $50 a person. And I am not trying to put anyone down who does not think this. I say go where you think you are getting your money's worth and enjoy it.

quote:

But, HEY, if you're a "yuppie" with more money than you know how to spend . . . then by all means, load the soccer-kids into the SUV . . . truck on down to RC and "blow a wad."

You, however, seem to want to crticize others for their tastes that might differ from yours. I hope that makes you feel better.

cyrano

• Total Posts: 120
                              RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 10:17 PM (permalink)
                              I haven't been to a Ruth's Chris since the late 80s, and the only one I went to was in Houston. I believe it was the first one outside Louisiana and was opened there during the oil boom-- there was oilpatch regalia everywhere and a running ticker that showed stock prices during the day and sports scores at night-- hey, that was something in the 70s. The service was just fine, deliberately informal (the waitresses were middle-aged and older, matronly, tended to call you hon and sugar), the sides were huge and expensive and delicious, and all the steak was prime and cooked in a super-hot oven that gave it an almost crisp outside while keeping the meat medium rare at the core. It was my first prime steak and it was wonderful. Like a lot of chains, they've probably expanded beyond their ability to keep quality high. Since I rarely eat beef any more, it's not on my list of places I want to try again, but I have fond memories. Sorry about those of you who don't like it or the idea of it.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
                                RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Tue, 08/8/06 11:26 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by hatteras04

quote:

The way I see this argument is that if you feel that the steaks at Outback are just as tasty as the ones you can get at Ruth's Chris then there is absolutley no reason to pay that much more to get one. I enjoy most of the mid-price steak houses myself (with the exception of Texas Roadhouse - I am 0 for 3 with that one). However, some people, myslef included, really do find the prime steakhouse cuts to have a much better flavor and I think it is worth the extra cost to get one every now and then. My wife and I go to one in this range about every 6 months. I don't think they are crooks becasue I find the steaks so much more flavorful that I still feel like I get my money's worth even at $50 a person. And I am not trying to put anyone down who does not think this. I say go where you think you are getting your money's worth and enjoy it.

quote:

You, however, seem to want to crticize others for their tastes that might differ from yours. I hope that makes you feel better.

My two favorite steak house restaurants in Columbus are The Top and Mitchell's -- both locations. As much as I enjoy Ruth's Chris and Morton's, I'll take The Top every time, and Mitchell's next. Oh, and then there's always the Clarmont.

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                                  RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 12:13 AM (permalink)
                                  I have never been to Ruth's Chris, but in Cincinnati, we have a Morton's, and a local restauranteur named Jeff Ruby who runs a number of restaurants in the area, and he specializes in steakhouses like Ruth's Chris.

I like Outback, but I think some people are missing the point that the quality of steaks at these "upper end" steakhouses is much higher than the beef they use at Outback. Ruth's Chris, et al, uses prime beef that has been aged. At Jeff Ruby's in downtown Cincinnati, the beef is hung in an aging room with a view. You can look in the window on Race St., and see the beef aging. The quality is different than Outback.

I have eaten at a couple of Ruby's restaurants,and although it was great, I can only afford it if someone else is paying the bill!!

We are getting a Smith & Wollensky at 5th & Vine Sts. downtown soon. I wonder who I can get to take me!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                                    RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 1:42 AM (permalink)
                                    sorry for the nontopical aside.....

Suzy: Not Smith and Wollensky - McCormick and Schmick - sorry

Do you work downtown?

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                                      RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 2:55 AM (permalink)
                                      quote:

I agree that the BEST steaks (at least "BEST" according to our each and own individual taste) are cooked at home. No way can commercial establishments "read the minds" of each and every individual customer.

A "steakhouse" whether it be Ruth's Chris or Outback, in my opinion, should attempt to serve a GOOD meal with GOOD quality ingredients at an HONEST price.

I think that Outback does that. Their steaks (meat) are top-quality . . . and I have been eating "steaks" for nearly a half-century!

There's something about your posts that make me want to run you over with a bulldozer.

Michael Hoffman

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 9:36 AM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by enginecapt

quote:

A "steakhouse" whether it be Ruth's Chris or Outback, in my opinion, should attempt to serve a GOOD meal with GOOD quality ingredients at an HONEST price.

There's something about your posts that make me want to run you over with a bulldozer.

And I'm nasty?

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                          RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 10:10 AM (permalink)
                                          I view the "top" end steak houses as expense account places. In Charlotte we have four wonderful locally owned steak houses which IMHO, are much better than RCs or Mortons.

Now my funny.

I was in NOLA about four years ago for a convention. The owner of the company I was seeing wanted to eat steak (big mistake IMHO) but we had a few drinks in a bar and then walked to the Smith and Wollensky. There was about eight of us and we were feeling no pain. The head man took one look at us and said "Gentlemen, let us put you in the Chef's dining room, almost in the kitchen and a wonderful experience."

Very nice dinner even though we had to send half the steaks back. (I love their creamed spinach). They ALL came out medium. Half way back to the hotel I figured it out...they put us back there in an enclosed room because we were a bunch of loud drunks and they didn't want us bothering the otheer guests.

The RC in Nashville is the best I've ever tried but the Boar's Head next door is simply wonderful.

Mack184

• Total Posts: 252
                                            RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 10:23 AM (permalink)

I am not a yuppie. I don't own an SUV. I have no children, and the children I don't have don't play soccer. I am not teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. All I did was mention that I had a good expereince at Ruth Chris. As you can see, I am a fairly new member to this forum. If all there are here, are a collection of rude, angry people here, this is no place for me. Hope you all have a nice day.

Sundancer7

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 11:02 AM (permalink)
                                              quote:

I am not a yuppie. I don't own an SUV. I have no children, and the children I don't have don't play soccer. I am not teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. All I did was mention that I had a good expereince at Ruth Chris. As you can see, I am a fairly new member to this forum. If all there are here, are a collection of rude, angry people here, this is no place for me. Hope you all have a nice day.

Mack: you will find that with this forum and all others, there are many opinions. Opinions are like A-------! Everybody has one. I appreciate your input.

It does not matter whether your thoughts, likes and opinions are like others, at least you voiced your thoughts.

Please keep your thoughts coming. I have posted numerous times and had numerous folks disagree with me. That is the way the mop flops.

Paul E. Smith
                                              Knoxville, TN

Sundancer7

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 11:03 AM (permalink)
                                                quote:
                                                Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:

Mack: you will find that with this forum and all others, there are many opinions. Opinions are like A-------! Everybody has one. I appreciate your input.
                                                It does not matter whether your thoughts, likes and opinions are like others, at least you voiced your thoughts.

Please keep your thoughts coming. I have posted numerous times and had numerous folks disagree with me. That is the way the mop flops.

Paul E. Smith
                                                Knoxville, TN

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                                  • Location: Kannapolis area, NC
                                                  RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 11:29 AM (permalink)
                                                  Mack,
                                                  Don't get let feelings get hurt so easily. Keep posting.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
                                                    RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 11:48 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    My two favorite steak house restaurants in Columbus are The Top and Mitchell's -- both locations. As much as I enjoy Ruth's Chris and Morton's, I'll take The Top every time, and Mitchell's next. Oh, and then there's always the Clarmont.

I have unfortunately never been to The Top. I always forget about it becasue I don't spend that much time on the East side of Columbus. I do really like Mitchell's. I prefer the one downtown to Crosswoods as I like the setting better.

Two weeks ago I went to the Hickory House in Powell for the first time. It is not a prime steakhouse but it was very good. I got a 20 oz Porterhouse that was cooked perfectly for $19.95. That includes salad and potato. We told the hostess how much we enjoyed it and she gave us two $5 off coupons for future visits. She also told us to try the ribs (which looked good at the table next to ours) as they were voted second best in town after City BBQ. You should check it out.

Michael Hoffman

RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by hatteras04

quote:

I have unfortunately never been to The Top. I always forget about it becasue I don't spend that much time on the East side of Columbus. I do really like Mitchell's. I prefer the one downtown to Crosswoods as I like the setting better.

Two weeks ago I went to the Hickory House in Powell for the first time. It is not a prime steakhouse but it was very good. I got a 20 oz Porterhouse that was cooked perfectly for $19.95. That includes salad and potato. We told the hostess how much we enjoyed it and she gave us two $5 off coupons for future visits. She also told us to try the ribs (which looked good at the table next to ours) as they were voted second best in town after City BBQ. You should check it out.

You might find it worthwhile to make the effort to get to The Top. It's really my favorite. I, too, prefer the downtown Mitchell's to the one at Crosswoods. And thanks for the tip about Hickory House. They have one here in Gahanna. But about those ribs -- I have a City Barbeque right around the corner from me.

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                                                        • Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                        RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 2:07 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by TJ Jackson

sorry for the nontopical aside.....

Suzy: Not Smith and Wollensky - McCormick and Schmick - sorry

Do you work downtown?

OOPS I knew it was something with two names.

I used to work downtown. I work in a hotel bar {Vernon Manor}. I try to keep up on places to recommend to visitors to our fair city. Unfortunately, I usually send then to NKy.

Sorry, non-topic ~ Now back to Ruth's Chris.

ctrueder

• Location: Columbia, MD
                                                          RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 3:06 PM (permalink)
                                                          Oops! I lost the thought that I had about the lousy, over-priced, wilted salad at RC . . . I was thinking about that bulldozer parked out back (no pun intended).

Gotta go remove the keys from the dozer, and then I'll be right back!

Mack184

• Total Posts: 252
                                                            • Location: Foster Twp., PA
                                                            RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House Wed, 08/9/06 3:12 PM (permalink)
                                                            Sundancer...
                                                            I appreciate your comments. I certainly don't expect everyone, or for that matter anyone to agree with me. But, I thought the answer was rude, and I wasn't really expecting that sort of thing here. As I'm sure you know there are plenty of boards and websites out there where people just yell at each other all the time. I just thought that this place might be a little more friendly.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 75

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com