Question about Ruth Chris Steak House

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13526
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/09 15:24:16 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Mack184

Sundancer...
I appreciate your comments. I certainly don't expect everyone, or for that matter anyone to agree with me. But, I thought the answer was rude, and I wasn't really expecting that sort of thing here. As I'm sure you know there are plenty of boards and websites out there where people just yell at each other all the time. I just thought that this place might be a little more friendly.

If you are looking for a place where everybody agrees with you, good luck! If you are looking for a place where you do not have an occasional rude remark to your comments, good luck!

If you are looking for a place where you can talking about food, you have found the place and you are at home.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1565
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/09 16:23:05 (permalink)
Ruth's Chris varies from place to place. The best RC's I've been to was in Palm Desert, CA, and it was fantastic.

Outback's can vary as well. In some places, the steaks are inedible, gristle. However, if you compare the best Outback that I've been to to the worst RC, RC wins.

Anyone who has a brain knows that you are going to pay a premium price at RC's, Morton's, etc. Some people don't have the ability to discern between prime and choice meats. That is their loss.
hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1099
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 09:14:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ctrueder

OKAY, I'm back, with the keys to the dozer tucked safely away in my pocket!

Now, about that really bad salad that my wife had at Ruth Chris on the Inner Harbor (it had brown stems on the lettuce) . . . WAIT!!!

I hear someone out back messing with the dozer!

I guess that I will have to give up on this thread.

Otherwise, I may be bulldozed!

Obviously anything like this should have been brought to the attention of the waitstaff or manager and been rectified or compensated in some way. If you tried and it wasn't then maybe it was your obviously plesant demeanor that kept them from taking great care of you. You, however, have been arguing that the STEAKS at Outback are as good as the ones at RC. And as I said earlier, if you think this then just go to Outback. Many others see a difference and are willing to pay for it and do not see them as crooks.
Niagara
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 984
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 11:05:25 (permalink)
When I lived in Houston, we only went to Ruth's Chris when folks came down from corporate in Boston - they adored it, especially since our Company's logo was on the back wall with all the other oil patch-related companys' logos.

I remember there was a sign in the men's room over the urinals that said "Aren't you glad you're on an expense account?", and we sure were.
soozycue520
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 12:35:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Niagara

I remember there was a sign in the men's room over the urinals that said "Aren't you glad you're on an expense account?", and we sure were.

Can you say "Enron"? Expense accounts are the best!!

Okay, people, tongue in cheek!!
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13526
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 12:54:16 (permalink)
Each time I have been to RC, the sides were enormous and the steak was very good.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2983
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 13:30:58 (permalink)
I'll be going to the Ruth's Chris in Atlantic City next week, I'll report back.

My experience has been that the quality of a franchise is directly related to how well it is managed. Case in point: Roy's. Some Roy's are awful, some are outstanding. You can't go to one and then make a statement that encompasses them all.

The reason you'll get argument is that Roadfood is first and foremost AN OPINION site; it EXISTS for people to state their opinions. The best you can hope for is some respect, and of course that's give-and-get with a little bit of leeway, forgiveness, and thick-hidedness.

Tom
SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 14:28:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Mosca

I'll be going to the Ruth's Chris in Atlantic City next week, I'll report back.

My experience has been that the quality of a franchise is directly related to how well it is managed. Case in point: Roy's. Some Roy's are awful, some are outstanding. You can't go to one and then make a statement that encompasses them all.

The reason you'll get argument is that Roadfood is first and foremost AN OPINION site; it EXISTS for people to state their opinions. The best you can hope for is some respect, and of course that's give-and-get with a little bit of leeway, forgiveness, and thick-hidedness.

Tom

Very well said and so true.
roadrash
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 14:51:41 (permalink)
quote:
I just look for the sign over the urinal that says "Extra Long"
russ2304
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 261
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/10 15:59:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

I have found mostly good steaks at OBs. However, the last one I had was mediocre. I ate it anyway & still left a decent tip. I have had good steaks at the Longhorn Steakhouse chain also; in fact their track record so far with me is a bit higher quality wise than OB. I think the biggest factor in my steak preferences revolve around my fondness of extremely rare in the finished product. Thus, the raw product quality is of utmost importance. If the piece of meat has hidden tendon/gristle, et.al., then the steak quality is diminished, IMO.

No this is not me; only rare steak galore:

YUM-YUM...

Also. I am too old to be called a "yuppie". In my days, among other things; I was called a "hippy".

There ya go that incredible picture says it all-the only way to eat a real hunk of prime! My only visit to RC was a disaster because of this. They serve all their meats on a red hot sizzle platter--I demand my steaks to be B and B------Pittsburgh--------when said steak arrived on platter I told server to take it back and return with non sizzled steak to which I was told that is the way we serve them ---no exception---with no exception I and my wife left premisis never to return-----------OB is not too bad and a few locations have introduced some PRIME selections which are quite lovely
Big Ugly Mich
  • Total Posts : 1302
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/22 12:55:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by pmrkr2ruth chris which was founded in new orleans and proudly talks about it's heritage pulled up its stakes (no pun intended) two days after hurricane katrina and announced it was moving it's national headquarters out of new orleans to orlando (where a number of their senior executives had second homes).

Florida is commonly known as Hurricane Alley, at least the ocean (east) coast!
HollyDolly
  • Total Posts : 1074
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/22 15:13:03 (permalink)
What is B and B in regards to steaks russ2304? I wouldn't mind if the steak came out sizzling
cause at least I would know it was hot.
russ2304
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 261
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/08/22 16:05:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by HollyDolly

What is B and B in regards to steaks russ2304? I wouldn't mind if the steak came out sizzling
cause at least I would know it was hot.
Hey HollyDolly
B and B stands for "Black and Blue"---- steak charred black on outside and blue(as rare as rare can get)on the inside. Reference photo----looks pretty close----sizzle platter keeps on cooking it, so even if it is pulled from grill BandB,by the time it hits table it is , at best ,medium well to cardboard.

sk bob
  • Total Posts : 1801
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/09/02 21:58:00 (permalink)
NICE HUNK OF STEAK, but that shirt on russ2304 is preppy to the max!!!
sk bob
  • Total Posts : 1801
RE: Question about Ruth Chris Steak House 2006/09/02 22:11:40 (permalink)
I'm sorry, but the Buds & attitude are kickin' in & I've got to speak my peace.
if you put a b&b on a sizzlin platter it won't cook it to cardboard unles they give you a 1000 degreeplate.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1