Question about pickle types

Author
Eiolon
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2007/11/03 14:32:14 (permalink)

Question about pickle types

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what the following types of pickles are and what I should expect when I bite into one:

New ickles

Half sour pickles

Full sour pickles

Many thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

Cakes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    RE: Question about pickle types 2007/11/03 15:00:02 (permalink)
    I would not advise biting into an ickle, even a new one.

Cakes

brittneal
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1265
    RE: Question about pickle types 2007/11/03 15:24:19 (permalink)
    My wife picked up some "bargin" pickles at the local Dals store. The name was Eden Garden. They said Kosher dills. They were on the small side aroubd2-3' and as big around as my thumb. When I tasted one I was very impressed. They were crisp, garlicky and not salty. All together mellow and tasty. I happened to look at the label. PRODUCT of INDIA. Kormangala,BAngalore.
    Yikes, I never would have bought them. My wife put one one the side with my hot dog. If I had read the label they probably would have stayed on the shelf for a few years or until the next church food drive.
    As it is I bought another jar,
    I am still very leary about food products produced in third world countries. If an industrialized nation like china can't even make catfood woth out poisoning our pets whats a backward nation where sanitation is a joke gonna do with edibilles.

britt
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Question about pickle types 2007/11/04 02:04:55 (permalink)
    Half sour pickles are basically minimally "pickled" cucumbers--they haven't been in the brine very long--and are actually far and away my favorite. They tend to be crispier/crunchier than full sours which are standard dill pickles. I never heard of an "ickle".
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1